Notifications
Clear all

Preventing Acne In The First Place

MemberMember
(@moonchild11)

Posted : 08/01/2014 6:04 pm

Provided there is no genetic predisposition, is there a surefire way?

Is there even a genetic predisposition? That is, did people have acne before this modern era? Could it really be as simple as having a lifestyle that limits stress, bad food, and emphasizes sleep, exercise and where our hormones are balanced?

Forgive my ignorance...my apologies especially extending to those who've tried everything. But acne is a disease right? Not simply a trait like having blue eyes or brown hair. Sure, we may get a pimple or two occasionally, but surely a full blown acne condition must be prevented somehow, as its simply not natural!

MemberMember
(@moonchild11)

Posted : 08/03/2014 5:18 pm

Anyone have any thoughts?

MemberMember
(@myst)

Posted : 08/03/2014 7:37 pm

Wikipedia says it was a problem for the Ancient Greeks and Romans, so it's definitely not entirely new. I've read that adult acne is on the rise in the last few decades though.

But then we all know that some people get it and some people just don't, no matter what they do to their face. Which, of course, is totally unfair, but I guess it's just the same as everything else - some people tan easily while others burn, some people can grow their hair long while for others it goes brittle, etc etc. So I think there must be some underlying predisposition, but that there must also be some environmental factors at work that cause it to show or not.

That probably wasn't very helpful haha.