Notifications
Clear all

Emotional Scaring

MemberMember
(@leabeer1394)

Posted : 07/31/2014 8:18 pm

Im so done with it right now. Today this dude said "damn what happened to your face, you even got a pimple on your neck" "you ate lots of junk food the other day, that's why" then I friend said to him "what's your problem?" And he said "but just look at that thing" I literally died inside I wanted to cry so badly they just don't get it, it's a horrible feeling when people point it out. Some other would just say "what a huge zit" I would just smile and pretend it was ok, I just acted like i didn't care, like it didn't mean a thing. But I was dying inside. Knowing that other people may think I'm gross or nasty or disgusting just makes me feel so depressed. One day a relative told me "have you been eating chocolate lately?" And I said no trying to avoid him because I knew what he was taking about. I knew that the next words that were about to come out of his mouth will hurt really bad. I just waited for it. "Well your face is rotting" I almost teared up. But I controlled it. Like 3 month ago "my friend" came up to me and said "why the fuck do you have pimples" in front of two strangers, I died again, I didn't know what to say, I didn't choose to have acne I didn't know the answer to that question. i felt like shit about myself physically, one more time. Can't he see that what he said was hurtful as fuck? Those comments were really rude and leaved a never healing scar on my confidence, on my self worth, on my heart. I don't really have close friends with acne, which makes me feel alone in the journey. Those weren't all my "experiences" with nasty comments, just a few. I just can't take it any longer guys, this is literally a curse. I'm on accutane right now, I hope it works I really do. Today I took my first pill. And no my real name isn't "lea beer" this is an anonymous account because I needed it to speak about about it.

MemberMember
(@user410314)

Posted : 08/01/2014 1:11 am

Don't hang around not-so-classy people like that. Do what it takes to get your skin under control to get your confidence back asap, be it seeing a dermatologist, changing your diet, exercising and meditating more, and telling your relative that you are taking steps to help yourself and that you have a mirror and she can keep her insightful observations to herself.

By pill do you mean birth control? Accutane? Antibiotics?

MemberMember
(@leabeer1394)

Posted : 08/01/2014 8:45 pm

I'm taking Roaccutane

MemberMember
(@punkrockwarrior)

Posted : 08/08/2014 9:38 am

I can't believe some people. what makes them think it's okay to say things like that? i'm sure they wouldn't be too happy about rude and hurtful comments being thrown at them.

I know acne sucks. a LOT. but what i have come to realize is that it simply is what it is. it isn't permanent. take care of it the best you can and in the mean time move on in your life. there is only so much you can do and stressing over it definitely will not help your skin.

what i've done to move past all of the horrific emotional tolls acne was inflicting on my life was to become more focused on other things. bringing positive energy into my life instead of negative, getting rid of people like the ones who said all those hurtful things to you. anyone who feels the need to point out something you are obviously self conscious about is in far more emotional pain than you are because they are looking to put others down, probably just so they can feel better about themselves. and honestly, i'd rather have acne than a nasty, unattractive personality.

i'll stop my rambling, but i want you to know that taking action and trying to turn around all of the painful emotions you are feeling right now really does work. it's hard at first but it is worth it. ever since i've started this for myself i've noticed my skin is clearer and more importantly, i'm happy. i still go to my dermatologist once a month and even she says my skin is looking great. she put me on differin about 4 months ago and i still didn't notice a difference in my complexion until i changed my thought pattern.i still have some acne and i do have a lot of scars all over my face, chest and back but they aren't what define me as a person. they're simply there.

[Removed]

i hope this helped a little. i am always willing to listen if you want to talk about anything.

MemberMember
(@khaled91)

Posted : 08/10/2014 11:09 pm

Same here, It doens't actually kill me when people say comments about my face but it tortures me "Being dead would actually be more suitable for me because i wouldn't feel the torment inside"

My parents and people who are really close to me say "Don't take it seriously just don't care when people point it out and how they stare at you" But if i do that i know i'll be giving up on the only thing i still have which is my humanity because they are asking me to live without emotions.

I know they are just trying to be supportive and make me overcome the feeling that i feel different because of my screwed up skin but that's "hypocrisy"

MemberMember
(@13-going-on-30)

Posted : 08/10/2014 11:19 pm

Yea honestly I'd keep on going with a accutane and ignore the negative comments although its hard I know I would try to ignore them.I was just telling my son ppl will talk, will talk even if you had no acne at all sometimes they will try to find a flaw majority of the times they are unhappy with themselfs and wanna put you down or make you unhappy as well.

MemberMember
(@leabeer1394)

Posted : 08/20/2014 6:14 pm

Guys I don't even remember how long I've been on accutane but it works!!! I'm so happy, no new pimples, redness almost gone and no oily skin at all. If I get a pimple it's usually pretty small and it dries up by itself alone overnight. I stopes wearin makeup and I just walk my face with something called "avenue eau thermale" and it's literally like just water but really pure water and my skin feels now smoother and I feel like this is going to work. Thank you for the support. Things are going well