Notifications
Clear all

Worst Things You've Done Because Of Acne?

MemberMember
(@olivia94)

Posted : 07/31/2014 4:50 pm

I was thinking about all the terrible things I've said/done because of my skin over the years and wondered whether it was the same for other people.

Worst thing I think I've done was back in college a year or so ago. There was a girl who one day, for some reason kept picking on me. I was dealing with it until she mentioned my skin at which point I flipped out, and told her to F off. I tried to ignore her but she carried on so I took her coursework and ripped it up. She got really angry, grabbed my hair and started to hit me so I kneed her in the fanny and she let go and fell on the floor in pain. I got excluded for a day and had a week of detention.

I still feel awful because that all escalated from me overreacting to comments about my skin :/. I can't say it didn't feel good to knee her in the crotch after what she'd said...because honestly, it did :P. It did however make me realise how much acne had affected me and made me an aggressive person when I'm really not at heart.

MemberMember
(@powwow)

Posted : 07/31/2014 6:22 pm

That is funny, but yea acne has made me more angry. I mostly have scars, but people in college really don't pick on me. You get detention in college? I've never heard of that.

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 07/31/2014 8:16 pm

American here. "so I kneed her in the fanny" made me snort with laughter. On that note - I have not done anything like that. I have secretly hated people because they have clear skin - and I feel badly about that.

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 07/31/2014 8:27 pm

I hate when someone i know says "urgh... i've just been breaking out so much recently" - and i site there like..... whaaaaaaat the flippin chicken, gurl look what i have to live with.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/31/2014 9:02 pm

I hate when someone i know says "urgh... i've just been breaking out so much recently" - and i site there like..... whaaaaaaat the flippin chicken, gurl look what i have to live with.

Lol - that happened to me today! My BFF had the nerve to say she didn't want to go to an event yesterday because of one pimple that she had on her chin. This girl is flawless and looks great in and out of makeup so you know i wanted to slap the ish out of her so bad.

MemberMember
(@olivia94)

Posted : 08/01/2014 2:37 am

That is funny, but yea acne has made me more angry. I mostly have scars, but people in college really don't pick on me. You get detention in college? I've never heard of that.

Yeah we did, not often though. Where are you from?

American here. "so I kneed her in the fanny" made me snort with laughter. On that note - I have not done anything like that. I have secretly hated people because they have clear skin - and I feel badly about that.

I forget this is a predominantly American site. You'll have to put up with my English terminology but hey, at least you found it funny 😛

MemberMember
(@ocnblitzgmail-com)

Posted : 08/01/2014 6:36 am

Was a hermit for the past year and a half, I'm awesome now though.

MemberMember
(@sankofa1)

Posted : 08/01/2014 7:20 am

Basically I think the whole not going out for me thing sucks

MemberMember
(@mrcoolhat)

Posted : 08/01/2014 7:28 am

I didnt went to sign a 1400 EUR contract because of acne.The guy looked someone else after.

MemberMember
(@ben100604)

Posted : 08/02/2014 7:43 am

Becoming a social recluse was always the worst and hardest thing.

MemberMember
(@ocnblitzgmail-com)

Posted : 08/02/2014 8:45 am

Oh actually...

I was a professional gamer and won a tournament, the prize was a spot in a tournament located in singapore. Hotel paid for all that stuff. Still haunts me.

MemberMember
(@13-going-on-30)

Posted : 08/02/2014 9:09 pm

Worst thing I've done is applied an acne medicine prescribed to me that I didn't know I was allergic too and wound up at the hospital with a face soo swollen and red I looked so ridiculous that my sister added she had to take a picture of me because it was soo bad!Vmeanie:/ anyways At the end ended up taking an allergy pill or ibuprofen I believe and steroids.:/... The things we do smh.

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 08/03/2014 2:07 pm

I'd say the worst thing I've done is hated myself and put myself down. I hate doing that but when I flare up really bad I do genuinely say to myself that I hate me, ALL of me. It really hurts when I do it though...because I shouldn't "hate" me I have so much more to give and offer about myself.

oh and also once I drank Bentonite Clay everyday for about a week in an attempt to cure my acne..do not try that.

MemberMember
(@graciemeow)

Posted : 08/03/2014 6:40 pm

god all sorts. when i was really young and got bad skin on my shoulders i used to self harm pretty bad and scratch at it with the compass out of my pencil case because i thought when it healed it would heal as new skin, daft i know.

a girl i work with recently decided to tell me that she doesn't think my skin is that bad, its just that i have 'a lot of scarring' which is a back-handed compliment if i ever heard one, plus i really didnt think i had any scarring, and since she said that it's made me really dislike her and not want to be as friendly with her...even though i know she was probably only trying to be nice.

MemberMember
(@khaled91)

Posted : 08/03/2014 10:46 pm

Hmmmm, Whenever I am depressed because of my acne and scars i treat people around me awfully particularly my family and the very small number of friends i still have.

On top of that it also made me envy everyone i see which god blessed with clear skin, I don't hope in any way that all the people around me suffer from acne to make me feel that I'm not different or anything but enviness was never one of my traits

MemberMember
(@fernandox)

Posted : 08/04/2014 12:53 am

Probably putting my whole life on hold would be the worst thing. I was too ashamed to be seen by anyone. And just knowing if I did force myself to go out I would probably be photographed and tagged all over the internet for the world to see.

Now my acne is pretty mild and I'm not as self conscious but I've lost all my friends lol fml

edit: Actually probably the worst thing would be avoiding dating because of acne. I guess with the friendships I had I can look back on the good memories but I missed out completely on dating because of this shit

MemberMember
(@solis1)

Posted : 08/09/2014 2:32 am

Here's a couple of my bad moments I blame acne as the reason behind the actions. There's the times I would be unnecessarily aggressive towards my family.

Leaving my friends "hangin" or ditching them because I was so self conscious.

And ignoring this amazing girl all because I didn't want her to see me, even though she wanted to see me regardless of how my face looked.