Notifications
Clear all

Finished A Course Of Accutane About A Month Ago, Need Your Help

MemberMember
(@duderi)

Posted : 07/31/2014 12:29 pm

I've got red spots on my skin still and i need tips on how i could make them fade quicker and how to cover it up until they do.

Im clueless about makeup and stuff but i'm considering it until the redness has faded, what do you suggest?

MemberMember
(@francopld)

Posted : 08/01/2014 12:27 am

corrector and powder / liquid foundation. Be sure of using hypoallergenic and non comedogenic products.

I'm male and i'm using those. It hides the red marks pretty darn well and my face doesn't look like covered on make up. It looks almost natural.

Also remember to first apply a good moisturizer. Let it dry and start your makeup routine :)

MemberMember
(@13-going-on-30)

Posted : 08/01/2014 12:52 am

*Bleach creams work

*retin a helps with texture and evens out skin but not soo much with cystic acne:(

*salicidic acid 1-2 times a week I prefer

*dermabrasions

*aloe vera from plant

*coconut oil

Congrats!How did accutane go? I'm considering this but worried of side effects and hair loss.besides the drying effects it has on your body. can u please give me an idea wht I'm gonna be going trough?

MemberMember
(@duderi)

Posted : 08/01/2014 10:37 am

*Bleach creams work

*retin a helps with texture and evens out skin but not soo much with cystic acne:(

*salicidic acid 1-2 times a week I prefer

*dermabrasions

*aloe vera from plant

*coconut oil

Congrats!How did accutane go? I'm considering this but worried of side effects and hair loss.besides the drying effects it has on your body. can u please give me an idea wht I'm gonna be going trough?

Everyone experience side effects differently but basically i got super dry, had some minor joint pain. I had to drink water 24/7 and moisturized myself 2-3 times a day, i had to mosturize my lips all the fucking time, All in all it was so worth it, i've been completely acne free for 2-3 months now and friends/family have all commented on it.

I didn't get alot of real scars, just alot of redness from old acne. My derm told me it would most likely fade within a year so hopefully it does.

MemberMember
(@13-going-on-30)

Posted : 08/01/2014 10:47 am

Did you experience any hair loss? I'm sorry to ask I just have all these questions I'm concerned about what I will be going trough:(

MemberMember
(@duderi)

Posted : 08/01/2014 12:21 pm

Did you experience any hair loss? I'm sorry to ask I just have all these questions I'm concerned about what I will be going trough:(

Only a little bit of hairloss but barely noticable, hair was very very dry though so i really didn't have to wash it very often lol.

MemberMember
(@13-going-on-30)

Posted : 08/01/2014 1:52 pm

Oh nice! Yea my hair gets oily so that's a plus. I don't wanna lose hair though I have enough hair loss with my thyroid issues:/

MemberMember
(@duderi)

Posted : 08/01/2014 4:09 pm

Oh nice! Yea my hair gets oily so that's a plus. I don't wanna lose hair though I have enough hair loss with my thyroid issues:/

Yea i understand that, you gotta figure out if it's worth the risk for yourself. I didn't have severe acne and waited many years before i went on accutane but I regret not doing it earlier.

MemberMember
(@13-going-on-30)

Posted : 08/01/2014 5:15 pm

Yea I gotta think about it sucks we can't have it all..lol.ugh!:(

MemberMember
(@duderi)

Posted : 08/01/2014 7:27 pm

corrector and powder / liquid foundation. Be sure of using hypoallergenic and non comedogenic products.

I'm male and i'm using those. It hides the red marks pretty darn well and my face doesn't look like covered on make up. It looks almost natural.

Also remember to first apply a good moisturizer. Let it dry and start your makeup routine

So basically a concealer and then a mineral foundation or something?

MemberMember
(@francopld)

Posted : 08/01/2014 11:41 pm

Also remember to first apply a good moisturizer. Let it dry and start your makeup routine

Yep,exactly. It will give you a natural look (you won't look like a makeup weirdo),and it will take 5 minutes as maximum to put it on.

MemberMember
(@duderi)

Posted : 08/02/2014 11:25 am

Yep,exactly. It will give you a natural look (you won't look like a makeup weirdo),and it will take 5 minutes as maximum to put it on.

Perfect, i suppose you've been on accutane aswell. How long did it take until the redness faded completely?

MemberMember
(@francopld)

Posted : 08/03/2014 10:24 am

Perfect, i suppose you've been on accutane aswell. How long did it take until the redness faded completely?

*I'm on accutane .

Third month on 40mg. Acne on my face is gone,but now my shoulders/back are breaking out.

I have a mixture of hyper pigmentation and red marks on my face,but since i had my last pimple (approximately a month ago),they have been slowly fading,but they are for sure there,and are pretty noticeable.

My derm told me that it would take at least two or three months to these to fade away. Bigger red marks/hyper pigmentation from cysts (i don't have cystic acne) will take a lot longer to fade (up to a year).

So,exactly i don't know how much it will take to fade completely away. It depends of your skin healing abilities,your skin color and what kind of acne you have.

But by statistics,after stopping acne breakouts,marks fade a lot after 4 months.

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 08/03/2014 9:50 pm

Hey, I wanted to leave a comment on here real quick.

I was on Accutane for 8 months. It will be 2 years off it in October. Accutane cleared me up like a charm. For awhile anyways, now I'm on spironolactone and have been for about 14 months. Which keeps me nice and clear. That and the help on Acne.org AHA.

Which brings me to the reason I wanted to comment here, after my acne cleared up from the Accutane. I was left with some pretty rough looking skin. Hyper-pigmentation all over my face. I looked flushed all day long because of all of it. Naturally the first thing I wanted to do once my skin finally was holding in moisture, was to get rid of those red marks. My dermatologist prescribed me what is considered to be the gold standard script for hyper pigmentation. Which was Hydroquinone. In my opinion it was garage. It cost me a lot of money because insurance doesn't cover it, I guess it's considered cosmetic.

I always saw people talking up acne.orgs AHA. I figured what's it going to hurt, and I ordered it. I've never looked back since. After just a couple of weeks of using it my friends and family were taking notice that my marks were fading quickly. I even noticed it and I'm a very harsh critic of my skin. After 2 months of using the AHA and just cleansing my face morning and night my skin was even colored and red marks were nowhere to be seen. I could even leave the house without makeup on, and I wasn't ashamed. I continue to use it daily and will as long as it is offered. It gives my skin a nice glow and keeps me nice and smooth. It can also be used as a spot treatment if you continue to get little pop ups every now and again. It works of face, neck, back, and chest. It's great stuff.

MemberMember
(@duderi)

Posted : 08/05/2014 2:36 pm

Hey, I wanted to leave a comment on here real quick.

I was on Accutane for 8 months. It will be 2 years off it in October. Accutane cleared me up like a charm. For awhile anyways, now I'm on spironolactone and have been for about 14 months. Which keeps me nice and clear. That and the help on Acne.org AHA.

Which brings me to the reason I wanted to comment here, after my acne cleared up from the Accutane. I was left with some pretty rough looking skin. Hyper-pigmentation all over my face. I looked flushed all day long because of all of it. Naturally the first thing I wanted to do once my skin finally was holding in moisture, was to get rid of those red marks. My dermatologist prescribed me what is considered to be the gold standard script for hyper pigmentation. Which was Hydroquinone. In my opinion it was garage. It cost me a lot of money because insurance doesn't cover it, I guess it's considered cosmetic.

I always saw people talking up acne.orgs AHA. I figured what's it going to hurt, and I ordered it. I've never looked back since. After just a couple of weeks of using it my friends and family were taking notice that my marks were fading quickly. I even noticed it and I'm a very harsh critic of my skin. After 2 months of using the AHA and just cleansing my face morning and night my skin was even colored and red marks were nowhere to be seen. I could even leave the house without makeup on, and I wasn't ashamed. I continue to use it daily and will as long as it is offered. It gives my skin a nice glow and keeps me nice and smooth. It can also be used as a spot treatment if you continue to get little pop ups every now and again. It works of face, neck, back, and chest. It's great stuff.

I'll see what my derm says about AHA.