Notifications
Clear all

No Face Washing Experiment

MemberMember
(@teenacnebodybuilding)

Posted : 07/31/2014 11:59 am

Recently i found out that our skin has an acid mantle composed of secretions from out sebacious glands i think not 100% sure what its composed ot, what i do know is that this acid mantle is "acidic" obviously and is made to kill bacteria on our face. but everytime you wash your face with ANYTHING you disrupt the acid mantle and make yourself vulnerable to bacteria attacks aka ACNE. a lot of people here hae been washing there face with a cleanser whihch is alkaline which is the opposite of acidic and disrupts the acid mantle. You think these cleansers work because they leave your face squekky clean for abour an hour but after a few hours its back to feeling "greasy and dirty" let me tell you something. as long as you havent been rubbing your face in dirt or something your face isn't "dirty". Most people when they see their first few pimples they just go all out and start buying products to "clean" your face but it just makes it worse, even water can disrupt the acid mantle. Thats why I have decided to stop washing my face for the next couple of weeks and see how it goes. nothing goes on my face no chemicals no cleansers no water, zero zip nada. wish me luck. and feel free to follow me on my journey

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 07/31/2014 12:11 pm

Your skin will recover from the minor disruption caused by water very quickly. it's of little consequence. You could add a tiny bit of vinegar, lemon or something acidic to lower the PH if you like. And ideally filter out the chlorine.

Also, the acid mantle isn't the only way soap/cleansers and the emulsifiers in lotions & creams impair your skin's ability to function causing problems in the long run. .And most of the bacteria on your face belongs there and is part of how your skin functions.

But however you want to do it, Good luck.

I haven't used a cleanser on my body except for handwashing for a couple of years. I can't think of when I last used any kind of lotion other than a zinc based sunscreen. And that bottle is getting old.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 07/31/2014 12:31 pm

Recently i found out that our skin has an acid mantle composed of secretions from out sebacious glands i think not 100% sure what its composed ot, what i do know is that this acid mantle is "acidic" obviously and is made to kill bacteria on our face. but everytime you wash your face with ANYTHING you disrupt the acid mantle and make yourself vulnerable to bacteria attacks aka ACNE. a lot of people here hae been washing there face with a cleanser whihch is alkaline which is the opposite of acidic and disrupts the acid mantle. You think these cleansers work because they leave your face squekky clean for abour an hour but after a few hours its back to feeling "greasy and dirty" let me tell you something. as long as you havent been rubbing your face in dirt or something your face isn't "dirty". Most people when they see their first few pimples they just go all out and start buying products to "clean" your face but it just makes it worse, even water can disrupt the acid mantle. Thats why I have decided to stop washing my face for the next couple of weeks and see how it goes. nothing goes on my face no chemicals no cleansers no water, zero zip nada. wish me luck. and feel free to follow me on my journey

you know the acid mantle recovers after couple of hours right ? and toner does help make the ph balance

so this probably wont make a difference unless the chemicals you use are making your skin super irritated or dry

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 07/31/2014 4:30 pm

you know the acid mantle recovers after couple of hours right ? and toner does help make the ph balance

so this probably wont make a difference unless the chemicals you use are making your skin super irritated or dry

The acid mantle isn't the only thing being affected. And you don't have to make your skin super irritated dry to be impairing it. And as most people then slather on all kinds of products, how would they know?

MemberMember
(@teenacnebodybuilding)

Posted : 07/31/2014 5:15 pm

>

I read that the acid mantle takes 14-17 days to FULLY recover http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=18360

MemberMember
(@teenacnebodybuilding)

Posted : 08/01/2014 2:06 pm

Day 2 no new breakouts, skin looks oily. went to workout and i let the sweat dry on my skin and its been a few hours and it feels fine. havent gotten much dead skin though will update tomorrow

MemberMember
(@teenacnebodybuilding)

Posted : 08/02/2014 9:56 am

Day 3 just woke up. 3/4 of the little bumps i had on my forehead subsided. i did get one new bump though but very small un noticeable barely even seeable unless i almost touch the mirror with my face, might have been there before just never noticed. havent broken out on my chin or anywhere else,temples are clearing up nicely. Also one important thing, my cheeks never really had much acne but where always red and felt kinf of bumpy, but now the tone of my cheeks is evening out and it doesnt reall feel bumpy. also great to wake up and not have to wash my face. if you wan to try this i reccomend you do its shown results in only 3 DAYS for me. oh and as far as dead skin and peeling goes i havent had any yet, i think its because i havent used topicals for a year, ive only been using cleansers so the only thing im changing is my cleanser so not THAT big of a jump but still a big jump nontheless.

MemberMember
(@teenacnebodybuilding)

Posted : 08/03/2014 11:26 pm

ive decided to go on the just water regimen instead because of teh fact taht i can not STAND the sweat and oil just sitting on my face plus i was breaking out a bit so yeah, im only washing my face with water once a day when im in teh shower. ill update you guys in 2 days

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/05/2014 7:06 am

How is the no wash thing going? Has there been a lot of build up oil and dead skin?

I think you should give it like 2 months to really see the effect.

MemberMember
(@teenacnebodybuilding)

Posted : 08/07/2014 11:35 am

How is the no wash thing going? Has there been a lot of build up oil and dead skin?

I think you should give it like 2 months to really see the effect.

i realized that wthis is going to be a lot harder if i jump straight from using cleansers to just no washing at all. the first 3 days made my face feel really weird especially since i workout alot so i sweat ALOT, so ive decided to just use water when im in the shower once a day, next week ill only use water on my face every other day and see how that goes, and then ill try to transition maybe every 3 days.

MemberMember
(@teenacnebodybuilding)

Posted : 08/14/2014 11:09 pm

back to 100% nowash and my skin is mucheasier to deal with than before when i jumped starught from using cleanser 2x a day to nothing at all, its been 4 days and my face isnt shiny and feels fine. if any one can answer this for me it would be highly appreciated. does this work on body acne also, thanks.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 08/15/2014 8:27 am

Not using cleanser improves the function of all your skin.

The no water bit us nonsense. I don't know why you are doing it. Unless there is something in your water that irritates your skin. I mean besides the chlorine. Unless you have well or rain water, Ideally you get a shower filter to remove the chlorine.

MemberMember
(@teenacnebodybuilding)

Posted : 08/16/2014 9:26 am

Not using cleanser improves the function of all your skin.

The no water bit us nonsense. I don't know why you are doing it. Unless there is something in your water that irritates your skin. I mean besides the chlorine. Unless you have well or rain water, Ideally you get a shower filter to remove the chlorine.

dont have a water filter and havent been able to get one, i live in a large city so well water isnt an option and it doesnt rain much here so yea no water at all atleast for the first 30 days.

MemberMember
(@teenacnebodybuilding)

Posted : 08/16/2014 1:56 pm

something new happened today. i woke up and my arm felt weird and i looked and i saw there was a full on big whitehead chillin on my arm, i used to get littl etiny unseeable pimples with like no redness on my arms but ever since i stopped using soap those went away, but this morning there was a full on gross big whitehead on there. i just popped it, it was on my arm idc if it leaves a mark, i dont scar easily though. i used to have a very bad case of severe cystic acne on the sides of my face, and i would always pick and pop but, there isnt one red mark on my face, there are like very small ice pick scars but those are like 10x faded than they were like when i first had them. its weird to me because before i used to have such bad acne like cysts on my forehead completely covered and temples and side coveered, but i never even cared about acne i never like even took the time to like do anything about it, and now my acne is like 5x less and i cre more. weird hmm

MemberMember
(@teenacnebodybuilding)

Posted : 08/17/2014 4:12 pm

ok so today is sunday and i know im experiencing a initial break out but i know im not doing anything bad because, the mark on my skin are fading more, my forehead is like completely free of any actual pimples but i di have this chin cystic thing for a while and today it ame to a full head and wheni tocuched it it popped and everything fell out also i got a white head on my cheeck, dont reallly care though i notice that wehn i have a pimple and its at its full head point, if i just let it sit there without popping it overnight it will just scab automartically or the puss just dissapears and there is just rednedd and that goes waway the day after, anyways will keep you guys updated tomorrow

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 08/17/2014 5:55 pm

Subscribed.

I've been water only for a long time, but I've been trying to keep myself from rubbing my face "clean" in the shower. I'm trying to do 48 hours of no water contact whatsoever once a week, too.

MemberMember
(@teenacnebodybuilding)

Posted : 08/18/2014 12:57 am

ok so it has only been a couple of hours still sunday and that whitehead i alked about on my chin it was big, and now its gone, like it was gone an hour after me posting about it, it just went away, the red under it is still there but the puss just dissapeared on its own. i didnt touch it or anything

Subscribed.

I've been water only for a long time, but I've been trying to keep myself from rubbing my face "clean" in the shower. I'm trying to do 48 hours of no water contact whatsoever once a week, too.

MemberMember
(@teenacnebodybuilding)

Posted : 08/19/2014 10:39 pm

i now know what people mean when they say they get a dry skin mask when they go on this, ive never really had dry skin so this is new for me. its noticeable from like talking distance just like upclose oin the mirror i see like a flake or 2 anyways if nothing new happens im not gonna be updating till week 2 is done so next tuesday

MemberMember
(@andrew-jenkins)

Posted : 08/20/2014 1:38 pm

Not sure how I'd feel about never washing my face... I suppose it's better than slathering chemicals on it like most people do. I don't see a problem with washing your face with plain water, removing dead skin cells from your skin is also quite important aswell. Honestly I think your efforts would be best spent by fixing your diet and making sure you're eating enough organic fruits and veg. But ok, if this is what you want to do, I wish you the best of luck :)

MemberMember
(@teenacnebodybuilding)

Posted : 08/23/2014 2:54 pm

Not sure how I'd feel about never washing my face... I suppose it's better than slathering chemicals on it like most people do. I don't see a problem with washing your face with plain water, removing dead skin cells from your skin is also quite important aswell. Honestly I think your efforts would be best spent by fixing your diet and making sure you're eating enough organic fruits and veg. But ok, if this is what you want to do, I wish you the best of luck

diet has little to no effect on my acne, but today i did feel like i should so i showered and this time i washed my face with just the shower water

Update day 11: so i did wash my face with shower water, because my face was just really shiny and uncofortable. last time i did this i went only 4 days, and those 4 days were completely unbearable so i went on teh just water regimen and i saw almost o difference in my skin really, but this time i was able to go like 8 days and my skin felt fine so i guess its adjusting now so im gonna go on no wash again and maybe go all the way to day 20, idk we'll see wish me luck.

MemberMember
(@ohhhhhhnooooooo)

Posted : 08/23/2014 3:18 pm

I tried the "no face washing experiment" a couple years back and it was horrible!

MemberMember
(@teenacnebodybuilding)

Posted : 08/24/2014 10:31 am

I tried the "no face washing experiment" a couple years back and it was horrible!

i woud try it again, maybe back then ur acne was purely hormonal, but if its been years i would try again just to see if ur causing ur own acne or alteast most of it

MemberMember
(@teenacnebodybuilding)

Posted : 08/26/2014 8:13 pm

so today in football i just sparyaed a shit ton of water on my face because at this point i dont give a fuck and i know i'll most likely be clear in a year or so since thats when all my cousins cleared up, so yeah im just gonna wash my face like every 2 or 3 days whatever i feel like it but not care at the same time. if i have acne so be it i dont even fucking care anymore.