Need Help With Mois...

Notifications
Clear all

Need Help With Moisturizer Issues! (Sweaty, Greasy Skin)

MemberMember
(@bspencer10)

Posted : 07/30/2014 5:50 pm

Hey guys,

I just restarted the regimen and am struggling with using moisturizer. I have only been using the BP at night for this first week, and in the day I just cleanse and moisturize. I am not using the acne.org moisturizer since I don't like it much and my skin doesn't respond well to jojoba oil, but I am using the cleanser and BP from acne.org. I have been using Cetaphil moisturizer since it is the only think that really seems to hide dry patches, but it makes me look so greasy and I get so sweaty when I am outside. I don't worry about breaking out or anything from sweat, but I hate having this greasy moisturizer dripping down my face when I am walking around outside with friends. It's embarrassing.

I also hate having to use oil blotters since some people claim they spread bacteria around, and they don't seem to keep me shine-free for very long anyways. Is there anything any of you can recommend? I get ridiculously sweaty with most moisturizers, but not using moisturizer leaves my face feeling dry and attempting to use pure jojoba oil to moisturize doesn't seem to work with my skin.

Thanks for any advice! :)

MemberMember
(@bspencer10)

Posted : 08/02/2014 10:18 pm

Still needing help! :/ I'm still just using BP at night (up to the first line on my pointer finger), but I'm looking at increasing to 2x a day for next week. Or maybe alternate once and twice a day for week 2. Still, moisturizer is proving difficult.

Cetaphil leaves me super greasy and sweaty during the day. I think it's just way too heavy for daytime. It also makes me sweat a lot. I have Complex 15 as well, but it leaves me with some dry spots.

Additionally, moisturizer plus BP makes my face itchy and makes it burn. Not sure why. Some people say it's the glycerin mixing with the BP...

I really could use a good OTC moisturizer that a) moisturizes dry skin, b) doesn't leave me greasy and sweaty, and c) won't burn when used over BP.

Help me out, guys! :)

MemberMember
(@13-going-on-30)

Posted : 08/02/2014 10:41 pm

Umm? Well I like cetaphil moisturizer but I don't know if that's what your Looking for but its worth a try. I also hear the regenerist line by olay is good but quiet expensive In my opinion.good luck:)

MemberMember
(@user410314)

Posted : 08/02/2014 11:50 pm

Here I go again... (sorry, Dan)

It sounds like your skin doesn't like BP! Instead of having an irritated face smothered with Land O' Lakes - and the last thing you watch is to add grease to scaliness, which is what Acne is in the first place, QUIT THE BP and recover your skin's natural moisture.

Your skin is oil rebounding because you've been drying it out too much. You need moisture that your skin drinks up that doesn't sit on the surface, gumming up your pores with thick, dehydrated sebum.

My skin hates Cetaphil, too. It's just way too waxy. You can get pure Hyaluronic Acid on Amazon instead of Dan's moisturizer- it's completely bioavailable (your body makes it, so you absorb it.) It's lightweight, absorbs quickly, and protects your skin.

I'm going to recommend two amazing skin care lines for your concerns:

My'Chelle

*URL Removed, see board rules; http://www.acne.org/board-rules.html Acne.org Moderator Team*

This line contains Salicylic Acid, Zinc, Sulfur and healing moisture. My'Chelle also has a Hyaluronic serum.

Acne skin needs clean moisture more than it needs to be dried out within an inch of it's life at the cost of its protective acid mantle/water barrier. When you destroy your acid mantle, you're welcoming in bacteria.

Body Shop

Body Shop's Vitamin C Cleansing Face Polish and Aloe Serum are fantastic, offering the same benefits as AHA and Hyaluronic. Aloe has been proven in FDA tests to restructure collagen, preventing scarring. This formula is also fast-absorbing.

Tea Tree is the only FDA approved herbal antibacterial, and the Body Shop has a great Tea Tree system, but it can be disagree with dry, oily, scaly acne just like BP, but only if over-used.

Body Shop also has a Tea Tree BB cream if you want to treat, conceal and moisturize at once.