Notifications
Clear all

Facial Burning And Grimey Skin

MemberMember
(@xojjamz)

Posted : 07/29/2014 11:48 pm

Why does my face burn 24/7? especially my nose. The only thing i could think that could cause it is that i've been really stressed out for the past 5 months. Another thing is that my skin was very very oily about 1 month ago and suddenly its dry with thick oil on top. When i wash my face, i can feel a lot of build up and dead skin but my face is really senstive. What is going onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn?

MemberMember
(@user410314)

Posted : 08/10/2014 1:01 am

It sounds like dermatitis from either a sensitivity to a product, over-washing and wreaking your pH (especially in hard water; pH preservation is vital for your skin's anti-bacterial function to prevent acne) or perhaps a side-effect from a medication.

Stress is a skin KILLER. It causes inflammation in all your body's cells- your skin is just a signpost of that.

Do you have enough Omega 3 & 6 in your diet? Have you cut out refined sugar, spicy foods, and caffeine? Are you doing gentle exercise, like yoga (and nothing more strenuous?)

Sulfur soap is going to help with the dead skin and oil. A thin layer of extra virgin coconut oil before bed will soothe your skin, so will colloidial oatmeal mask with a blob of honey. Aloe and hyaluronic acid are also your friends.

* I've recently had luck speeding the healing process of my skin with diluted Apple Cider Vinegar as a toner, and topical application of anti-inflammatory Tumeric, as well as taking MSM (sulfur) powder and using MSM cream.

MemberMember
(@xojjamz)

Posted : 08/10/2014 2:40 am

It sounds like dermatitis from either a sensitivity to a product, over-washing and wreaking your pH (especially in hard water; pH preservation is vital for your skin's anti-bacterial function to prevent acne) or perhaps a side-effect from a medication.

Stress is a skin KILLER. It causes inflammation in all your body's cells- your skin is just a signpost of that.

Do you have enough Omega 3 & 6 in your diet? Have you cut out refined sugar, spicy foods, and caffeine? Are you doing gentle exercise, like yoga (and nothing more strenuous?)

Sulfur soap is going to help with the dead skin and oil. A thin layer of extra virgin coconut oil before bed will soothe your skin, so will colloidial oatmeal mask with a blob of honey. Aloe and hyaluronic acid are also your friends.

* I've recently had luck speeding the healing process of my skin with diluted Apple Cider Vinegar as a toner, and topical application of anti-inflammatory Tumeric, as well as taking MSM (sulfur) powder and using MSM cream.

Wooo yay, thanks for replying to my post :) I wash my face 2 times a day and about 10-12 hours in between washes. I think it's mainly caused my stress.

I eat a relatively good diet. I cut out...or i try to cut out sugar, gluten, wheat and soy. I do not touch any diary products at all. I eat salmon once a week and an avocado once a day. I've tried to exercise, but my muscles are so tense and tight that i feel extremely uncomfortable and fatigue during and after....not to mention the day after. I should do yoga though! I noticed a few things while writing back to you. I noticed that i'm afraid of everything and that i always have an excuse for everything....i should maybe just throw in the towel and stick with something and not speak too soon....anyways, enough rambling.

Sulfur soap? Will that dry out my skin? My face is so sensitive and uncomfortable. That oatmeal mask sounds like something i would do! I used to use the mask daily, but stopped. I usually use it with yogurt though. What kind of honey should i use? What do you think of cinnamon and honey? I heard good things about it. Great suggestions, i will put them on my list and buy them on Wednesday. Ohhh, i love ACV, but could it be drying out my skin? or it could be stress again. I use ACV as a toner every night, diluted of course. Adding turmeric to my list too. What other cleansers would you recommend besides the sulfur soap? and moisturizer? besides coconut oil? I'm all for natural remedies! :)

MemberMember
(@user410314)

Posted : 08/10/2014 2:55 am

I am the same way. It sounds like your diet is A+! That's half the battle. I recommended some other products on your other post.

Another board member just had great success with Manuka honey I'm new to ACV but it wouldn't hurt to set it down and see how your skin responds.

Sulfur can be drying with over-use, yes, but it's the best ingredient for healing dematitis of all kinds (Acne, scabies, eczema.) I also have very very sensitive skin, prone to dry acne, and this is what my TCM dermatologist prescribed and I love her for it.

The MSM (natural sulfur) cream I got is Natural Radiance MSM Cream Plus Glucosamine Bromelain and Chondroitan odorless and unscented on Amazon and I swear I don't even need the Hyaluronic acid or any other moisture. It's an incredible! Not to mention, Bromelain is an enzyme that I always used to use making homemade face masks. My swollen acne has calmed to nothing and everything is healing in Fast forward. Incredible! Sulfur is also anti-aging.

I like your spirit! Peace and good thoughts!

MemberMember
(@user410314)

Posted : 08/10/2014 3:24 am

p.s. I'd stay away from cinnamon because of the burning you're experiencing

MemberMember
(@user410314)

Posted : 08/20/2014 4:34 am

I wanted to add that I discovered a GREAT sulfur soap for sensitive, overly dry acne: called KAVI Aqua.

MemberMember
(@wicky)

Posted : 09/10/2014 8:41 pm

i just looked up the msm cream you mentioned and it doesnt say it can be applied to the face so Im surprised you did so. What exactly did it help with? Redness from rosacea/ acne pimples or did it dry things up? Did it prevent new spots from forming?