Can I Use A Moistur...

Notifications
Clear all

Can I Use A Moisturizer With Salicylic Acid Multiple Times A Day?

MemberMember
(@surplus)

Posted : 07/29/2014 5:41 pm

My moisturizer contains salicylic acid(2%), and I am wondering if it would be good to use it multiple times a day to combat the dryness BP gives me without making anything worse or should I get another moisturizer?

MemberMember
(@psychokitty)

Posted : 07/30/2014 12:24 am

I would get a new moisturizer. I think that would just irritate you really bad.

Surplus liked
(@LewisS)

Posted : 07/30/2014 7:52 am

I did when I was on the regimen. Only 0.5% SA though. It's not recommended though!

Surplus liked
MemberMember
(@tpower)

Posted : 07/31/2014 9:24 am

I was careless enough to use a moisturiser like that for 1-2 weeks at the beginning of the regimen. I was getting some awful sweaty sensation on my face and it took me too long to realise that the salicylic acid was reacting with the BP. After I switched products, my face became much better in just few days.

By the way, I plan to use salicylic acid to ged rid of blackheads (i have a lot of them on my nose) but the experience I've gathered keeps me from doing it. Any ideas how should I introduce it alongside the regimen? (Sorry for hijacking the thread like that.)

Surplus liked
MemberMember
(@surplus)

Posted : 07/31/2014 5:47 pm

Any ideas how should I introduce it alongside the regimen? (Sorry for hijacking the thread like that.)

I'm also interested in this.

Also thanks for the feedback everybody, I'll get another moisturizer as soon as possible.