31 Years Old, What&...

Notifications
Clear all

31 Years Old, What's The Next Step...

MemberMember
(@cob2048)

Posted : 07/28/2014 8:51 pm

I'm 31, and have been using Acnefree for ten years. I've had ups and downs with break outs but for awhile it seemed under control. I used to eat a lot of junk food and drinks a lot of juice. In the last couple years I've noticed that I can't get my skin as under control. I still use Acnefree, and because I thought diet would help...I drink a lot of water, cut out juice, milk, junk food for the most part. Yet I still get breakouts. I just don't see the point of continuing with Acnefree...doing the three freakin steps every morning of my life, and yet my skin still isn't under control. For some reason I break out a lot on the right side of my forehead more than any other place. I'll go a week with it being okay and then large pimples form again.

It seems like my forehead was better when I ate lots of junk food and milk. And I'm older now, and I feel like I'm right back to where I was when I was a teenager.

What I really want to do is slowly go off Acnefree, and do something simple. Use a face wash rather than layering my face with a ton of BP from something like Acnefree. But I'm really paranoid that I will break out so much. I'm tired of popping pimples all the time. Going to bed, waking up and not going a day without something to pop, yet I spend 20 minutes in the bathroom every morning with the stupid "three step" Acnefree BS that isn't even working anymore.

Any suggestions from people that have or had this situation? Did you go off it and start using just a cleanser with good results? Please help..I'm desperate here.

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 07/29/2014 6:14 am

you should give acnefree some time man! you cant wish for results so soon! treatments take time to work u know? 10 yrs psh..give it at least 20 yrs?

MemberMember
(@13-going-on-30)

Posted : 07/30/2014 10:25 pm

It can prolly be that your irritating your skin with all that bp but then again I don't know I'm in the same situation as you.and my skin is soo dry I feel its gonna crack from my retin A that ive been using,we can try cutting back and just moisturize your skin plus drinking plenty of water we are already breaking out might as well let it do its own natural work.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/31/2014 7:52 am

You probably need a change in your regimen. Go to a derm and get something that might be better geared towards adult acne. As for diet, its almost important to add in good stuff than cut out bad stuff.

Try going Paleo for 3 months Also, what about juicing or green smoothies

MemberMember
(@cob2048)

Posted : 08/01/2014 10:04 pm

I'm going to try taking some vitamins again...Vitamin D and C, see if that helps me a bit. Weird thing is my skin doesn't get as dry as it used to on AcneFree and all the BP is uses.

I used to drink a lot of juice and now drink a lot of water, so I worry everytime I have a smoothy or something with sugar and a lot of juice. I do eat fruit though. I want to just cut out the BP and wash my face with cetaphil in the AM and that's it but I know I'll break out. One time two years ago I stopped the BP and used some a cleanser and lotion with salicylic acid and broke out like crazy. Or I tried just the Acnefree Cleanser and Lotion (Cut out the toner) and broke out like crazy too. So I'm worried at this point. I know breaking out at first is normal though right? I'd like a safe option to try so I can get off all this BP that like you said, may be doing more harm than good at this point, especially having used it every morning for the last ten years.

MemberMember
(@13-going-on-30)

Posted : 08/01/2014 10:19 pm

Hey guys I just used moisturizer and layered coconut oil on top let me tell you my pimples are calm now redness and inflammation is down geez! I'm gonna try this for a week maybe I can clear after all? I had a whitehead today and after I used coconut oil it made it go away cause then it just left me with a lil red spot.crossing fingers I don't wanna do accutane I mean I do but I don't.ugh!

MemberMember
(@jenjen84)

Posted : 10/14/2014 11:13 pm

30 year old with dry skin moderate acne and accutane is my last resort

MemberMember
(@cvd)

Posted : 10/17/2014 5:23 pm

Hi Cob

I had much the same problem, although I used another well known 3-step BP program...same thing though. It just never really worked. Yes, I had less pimples but I was still breaking out everyday and HATED having to layer on the BP because my skin got so red, peeling and cracked. It never stopped. I was so desperate and tired of the routine. Same thing with Retin-A and all other kinds of tretinoin.

Please read my regime below. My derm is an expert in adult acne and sensitive skin. I still use BP which is best for killing acne bacteria but instead it is in the mild cleanser. He also has me on a topical antibiotic...which is soothing and kills acne bacteria.

I have been clear now for a long time and I'm so relieved.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 10/18/2014 3:39 am

BP is effective against one thing: killing anaerobic bacteria. That's where "acne" gets its name...the p. acnes bacteria which is anaerobic and therefore can only be killed by oxygenation. BP oxygenates the pore and kills (most) strains of anaerobic bacteria. But since there are several other factors that also cause acne, it's not going to cure you on its own. It's just one tool in your arsenal.

Salicylic acid is only truly effective at high concetrations. Don't even bother with the 2% drugstore stuff. Send me a PM and I can show you where I get the professional strength stuff I use and how to use it. I thought salicylic acid was a complete joke until I used it at the strength it's meant to be used at. I can literally see it dissolve blackheads on my nose in about 5 minutes.

MemberMember
(@acnebola)

Posted : 10/20/2014 2:57 pm

BP is effective against one thing: killing anaerobic bacteria. That's where "acne" gets its name...the p. acnes bacteria which is anaerobic and therefore can only be killed by oxygenation. BP oxygenates the pore and kills (most) strains of anaerobic bacteria. But since there are several other factors that also cause acne, it's not going to cure you on its own. It's just one tool in your arsenal.

Salicylic acid is only truly effective at high concetrations. Don't even bother with the 2% drugstore stuff. Send me a PM and I can show you where I get the professional strength stuff I use and how to use it. I thought salicylic acid was a complete joke until I used it at the strength it's meant to be used at. I can literally see it dissolve blackheads on my nose in about 5 minutes.

hey whats the name and where to get it. any links? or answer to my pm from 3 days ago please?

MemberMember
(@acnebola)

Posted : 10/23/2014 6:50 pm

thank you for replying pm afteral, i rly hope it works at least somewhat (sry for this spam bt i wanted to say cos i apreciated ur reply, thats all.)