Notifications
Clear all

How Do U Do The Elimination Diet?

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 07/28/2014 11:34 am

some say u break out next day after u ate ur intolerance food

some say u form pimple after week? whatever it means?

so how do u actually tell u got ur pimple from what?

i ate watermelon yesterday, had alergy a bit from it, i could tell right away. but it went on legs and wasnt acne.

now idk why would some food create reg alergy pimples on body nd other would go on face to make acne there?? but k lets ignore that for now since in other thread u said its just some complicated shit basically nd in some screwed way it can happen so...

but since u advice this diet all the time how do u actually do it knowing all that?

u probably dont eat only 1 ingredient at a time, if its salad or stew or anything else how will u know was it tomato or carrot causing ur break out?

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 07/28/2014 2:27 pm

You avoid foods or groups of related food for several weeks to several months. You can follow a very hypoallergenic diet for at least a month during which you would hopefully see an improvement if you acne was due to or worsened by a food intolerance. Then you begin to gradually and methodically add back in individual foods or related foods and watch for a break out or other sign of intolerance.

Or you eat like you normally do, but methodically remove a food or group of related foods for about a month each and watch for improvement.

The first is probably the best way, although hypoallergenic just means few people are allergic or have an intolerance to the food or whatever. It doesn't mean it's impossible for you to be intolerant though.

There are instructions including lists of food families here:

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 07/28/2014 3:32 pm

ok thnx but does this mean u will break out from ur intolerant food right away or next day? i think it should be so..
but what abt this "pimple takes week to form" thing? if i eat a food but pimple of it appears only after like week, during whch ive eaten bunch of other foods how will i ever tell which food caused it anymore?
esp if i have multiple pimples on my face they might be caused from diff times diff foods @~@
also can ppl who arent gluten intolerant still get acne from gluten foods?
i have a feeling im not gonna do this tho >.>
MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 07/28/2014 4:00 pm

ok thnx but does this mean u will break out from ur intolerant food right away or next day? i think it should be so..
but what abt this "pimple takes week to form" thing? if i eat a food but pimple of it appears only after like week, during whch ive eaten bunch of other foods how will i ever tell which food caused it anymore?

It varies with the kind of intolerance. You might have one that directly causes a pimple to form within a day or two. or you might not. otherwise, the intolerance you may or may not have merely contributes to the chronic inflammation that is at the root of true acne (and other disease) formation. That's why you have to avoid the food for many weeks. Because it takes time for acne to form. Time needs to pass for whatever acne you already had in the works to pass and to know if new acne is forming. .

MemberMember
(@animals)

Posted : 07/29/2014 10:53 am

I know it's confusing. I think pimples can form even 3 weeks to a month of eating a food. It happens to me with alcohol/sugary foods. If i drink beer it will show up about three weeks to a month after. I eat really clean and when i drink alcohol or let's say a chocolate cake at first I am like whatever nothing happened because three weeks go by and nothing. but then after three weeks a huge pimple or about three pop up! and i since i have been eating clean (foods that i know don't break me out) i know it was either the beer that i have last month or the chocolate cake which i had the same day of the beer -_-

At first I start thinking maybe it was something else that i ate yesterday but it doesn't make sense to breakout from a healthy food i ate yesterday and not for alcohol and a dessert. I think the MAIN focus here should be to heal the gut instead because that is what will fix the food allergies and intolerances it is not good to be breaking out over tiny things. It has to be because our immunity is down and our gut is damaged. getting a strong immune system - that is the priority.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 07/29/2014 4:39 pm

At first I start thinking maybe it was something else that i ate yesterday but it doesn't make sense to breakout from a healthy food i ate yesterday and not for alcohol and a dessert. I think the MAIN focus here should be to heal the gut instead because that is what will fix the food allergies and intolerances it is not good to be breaking out over tiny things. It has to be because our immunity is down and our gut is damaged. getting a strong immune system - that is the priority.

It does make sense if you are intolerant to that healthy food. A healthy food causes me to break out in cysts the next day. It depends on the intolerance whether it will go away once you heal the gut. Some will, some wont. Healing your gut won't make a lactose intolerant person suddenly start producing lactase, for example

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/29/2014 4:45 pm

Plz do not do the elimination diet without getting the MRT test for food sensitivities

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 07/29/2014 4:56 pm

Plz do not do the elimination diet without getting the MRT test for food sensitivities

That makes no sense. Those Tests are very expensive and not that easy to get. . And prone to false positives and negatives. And elimination diet is free and the best way to determine your intolerance.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/30/2014 2:02 pm

i did the elimination diet and got worse because i was allergic to a lot of the veggies, the MRT is the most accurate test, yea its expensive but worth it, my face is finally clearing up of terrible eczema, and once you find out the foods your allergic to, focus on healing that gut

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 07/30/2014 4:38 pm

its expensive af! (ill just never get such money, oh man..)

MRT alone (blood test) $595.00
Single Nutrition Consult for MRT review $85 (60 minutes)
LEAP program (includes MRT test + 4 Nutrition Consults) $835.00 ($915.00 value)
MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 07/31/2014 12:19 pm

i did the elimination diet and got worse because i was allergic to a lot of the veggies, the MRT is the most accurate test, yea its expensive but worth it, my face is finally clearing up of terrible eczema, and once you find out the foods your allergic to, focus on healing that gut

What are THE veggies? You are allergic to a lot of hypoallergenic vegetables?

Cabbage, carrots, Celery, Collards, Green Beans, Green Peas, Kale, Lettuce, squash, sweet potatoes?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/31/2014 5:54 pm

the nutritionist i went to only charged me 425 for the test and consultation, i think she just felt bad or something, but yea thats all i paid and im finally getting better thank god, and yea all of the veggies im supposed to eat like cauliflower, (that includes the whole mustard family like broccili,etc,) i was allergic to beef, plums and that whole family, it too much to type but yea im just saying this to help you guys, it was definitely worth it for me, but make sure you heal your gut at the same time by taking high quality probiotics,biotin, l glutamine, MSM, marshmallow root, slippery elm, and these http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/supp1.php

hope this helps a lot of people

and im ok with sweet potato, i cant eat kale,nor collards or green peas, no legumes, highly allergic to lettuce and celery, and cabbage i was good, but this is only until i heal my gut, they said the most it should take is 6 months if i follow the protocol

\

Yeah, there are two kinds of fiber. Theres soluble fiber and insoluble fiber, and the main difference between the two is that soluble fiber can be fermented by good gut bacteria, and so it promotes healthy gut flora. Insoluble fiber cannot be fermented by good gut bacteria, and just mechanically is indigestible, so it passes through the intestine without really being digested, and it has a mechanical effect of pushing stool through the intestine, but because of the texture of it, it can be just pretty rough on an inflamed gut, as I said. So, that would be broccoli, cauliflower, the winter greens, the skins of the fruits and vegetables. Things like blueberries have a fair amount of insoluble fiber. Whereas, soluble fiber is found more in things like bananas and the winter squashes, the inside, not in the peels, or sweet potatoes, not the peels, but the flesh. So, we have them focus more on soluble fiber and eat less insoluble fiber. And then we also will do probiotics, and sometimes thats fermented foods, sometimes thats other commercial probiotics, sometimes thats probiotic implants rectally for people who cant tolerate them orally. And then we might do some antimicrobial treatment to rebalance the gut flora for people who have a gut infection or have an overgrowth of pathogenic gut flora. Well do bone broth and glycine-rich foods because that is what provides the fuel or the raw material to help rebuild the gut barrier. And then Ill often use supplements and botanical medicine that helps restore a healthy gut barrier, things like MSM, slippery elm, marshmallow root, glutamine, and licorice. And then, of course, hydrochloric acid, betaine HCl, to replace stomach acid for people that have low stomach acid, which is a pretty large percentage of folks who have gut issues, not everybody, but a pretty large percentage. And thats a lot. Its definitely a comprehensive protocol, but I find that for most people when they follow this kind of approach, they experience an improvement in both their digestive health and their skin. For some people who have really recalcitrant conditions, I might also use a custom herbal formula that has some anti-inflammatory and skin-clearing herbs in it, but in general, the basic approach is pretty effective.

the nutritionist i went to only charged me 425 for the test and consultation, i think she just felt bad or something, but yea thats all i paid and im finally getting better thank god, and yea all of the veggies im supposed to eat like cauliflower, (that includes the whole mustard family like broccili,etc,) i was allergic to beef, plums and that whole family, it too much to type but yea im just saying this to help you guys, it was definitely worth it for me, but make sure you heal your gut at the same time by taking high quality probiotics,biotin, l glutamine, MSM, marshmallow root, slippery elm, and these http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/supp1.php

hope this helps a lot of people

and im ok with sweet potato, i cant eat kale,nor collards or green peas, no legumes, highly allergic to lettuce and celery, and cabbage i was good, but this is only until i heal my gut, they said the most it should take is 6 months if i follow the protocol

\

Yeah, there are two kinds of fiber. Theres soluble fiber and insoluble fiber, and the main difference between the two is that soluble fiber can be fermented by good gut bacteria, and so it promotes healthy gut flora. Insoluble fiber cannot be fermented by good gut bacteria, and just mechanically is indigestible, so it passes through the intestine without really being digested, and it has a mechanical effect of pushing stool through the intestine, but because of the texture of it, it can be just pretty rough on an inflamed gut, as I said. So, that would be broccoli, cauliflower, the winter greens, the skins of the fruits and vegetables. Things like blueberries have a fair amount of insoluble fiber. Whereas, soluble fiber is found more in things like bananas and the winter squashes, the inside, not in the peels, or sweet potatoes, not the peels, but the flesh. So, we have them focus more on soluble fiber and eat less insoluble fiber. And then we also will do probiotics, and sometimes thats fermented foods, sometimes thats other commercial probiotics, sometimes thats probiotic implants rectally for people who cant tolerate them orally. And then we might do some antimicrobial treatment to rebalance the gut flora for people who have a gut infection or have an overgrowth of pathogenic gut flora. Well do bone broth and glycine-rich foods because that is what provides the fuel or the raw material to help rebuild the gut barrier. And then Ill often use supplements and botanical medicine that helps restore a healthy gut barrier, things like MSM, slippery elm, marshmallow root, glutamine, and licorice. And then, of course, hydrochloric acid, betaine HCl, to replace stomach acid for people that have low stomach acid, which is a pretty large percentage of folks who have gut issues, not everybody, but a pretty large percentage. And thats a lot. Its definitely a comprehensive protocol, but I find that for most people when they follow this kind of approach, they experience an improvement in both their digestive health and their skin. For some people who have really recalcitrant conditions, I might also use a custom herbal formula that has some anti-inflammatory and skin-clearing herbs in it, but in general, the basic approach is pretty effective.

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 08/02/2014 6:55 pm

yea well sry but this is just nuts..r u from other planet that ur alergic to so many foods? even healthy ones?

also all this healing gut thing..from what to heal it? from a food u been eating before? bt forget tht....WHY IT TAKES SOOO LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG TO HEAL IT?????? :/

also tht text u wrote abt fibers etc... im not doing all tht? i rly dont have the nerves nd cash for this. its srsly riduculous as hell when u read everything thts needed here...why wont rich ppl get acne nd shit so they can buy all those milion suplements nd whtnot...i can afford like tomato nd a cucumber bt im probs alergic to both of them now! 8]

ffuuuuuuuukkk

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 08/02/2014 7:10 pm

at the moment im eating just rice,catfish, sweet potato, quinoa,sole,turkey, and thats it

shanaynay-shocked-o_zpsfda101aa.gif

nothing_to_do_here_jet_pack_guy_post_car

NOTHING TO EAT HERE