Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hello Accutane

Exersice On Accutane Could Be Bad?

So.. I have come to a conclusion that I want to share with you guys. I have chosen not to exercise during my course of Accutane. This is not because I don't want to or I'm lazy. I have done gymnastics and competitive cheerleading all my life and I'm by nature a very active person and exercise regularly because I love it. I love the way it makes me look and how I feel. However, for the rest of my Accutane journey I'm not going to be exercising because Accutane needs fat to work. Essentially, it is stored in the fat cells and the fat cells work like a protective layer to keep toxins from damaging the body. Therefore, I feel like losing any weight on Accutane could potentially make it less effective because it is thrown out of the body with the fat. It is also no longer protected by the fat causing more negative side effects in the body. Therefore, we become sick or our other organs get damaged.

What do you guys think of this?? I am not saying that this is true, or that I found this in an article or anything. It's something that I've come to conclude during this time, and just for fun I wanna know what you guys think of it. Could I be right?

Edited by Hello Accutane

So.. I have come to a conclusion that I want to share with you guys. I have chosen not to exercise during my course of Accutane. This is not because I don't want to or I'm lazy. I have done gymnastics and competitive cheerleading all my life and I'm by nature a very active person and exercise regularly because I love it. I love the way it makes me look and how I feel. However, for the rest of my Accutane journey I'm not going to be exercising because Accutane needs fat to work. Essentially, it is stored in the fat cells and the fat cells work like a protective layer to keep toxins from damaging the body. Therefore, I feel like losing any weight on Accutane could potentially make it less effective because it is thrown out of the body with the fat. It is also no longer protected by the fat causing more negative side effects in the body. Therefore, we become sick or our other organs get damaged.

What do you guys think of this?? I am not saying that this is true, or that I found this in an article or anything. It's something that I've come to conclude during this time, and just for fun I wanna know what you guys think of it. Could I be right?

I absolutely agree with you Hello Accutane! It only makes sense. If you're supposed to take the medicine with fatty meals, that logically tells you that fat is essential to its effectiveness. However, exercise does help combat Accutane's side effects such as muscle soreness, fatigue & dryness (since you create oils from sweating). So maybe, I propose, that we cut down on our exercise time to whatever is comfortable AND doable instead of cutting it out altogether.

Guest GetMeTheResults

I think that there is plenty of fat for the medicine - a woman can't go less than 10-12% of body fat unless she is a body builder, so I say don't worry and exercise.

Edited by GetMeTheResults

This is ridiculous .. Accutane is not stored in fat. And the reason your suppose to take it with fat is because fat takes very long for the body to digest compared to protien and carbohydrates. Thus if you are to take accutane with fatty meals its stays in your stomach for a longer period of time allowing it to be absorbed more efficiently. Do your self a favour and workout !

Hi Hello Accutane :)

I am on my second course of Accutane and also have a degree in nutrition and health so just thought I would give you some pointers:

Accutane (isotretinoin) is a form of Vitamin A which is one of the fat soluble vitamins (along with vitamin D, E, and K). This does not mean that Accutane needs to be stored in your fat cells to work - it does however need a somewhat fatty environment in the small intestine to be absorbed (and thereby be effective). Normally humans are able to absorb natural vitamin A from for example carrots or kale because the small intestine has a natural lining of fat cells that help transport the vitamin into the bloodstream.

When Accutane is advised to be taken with a fatty meal it is because the concentration of isotretinoin (vitamin A) is so great that the colon 'needs help' in using the drug effectively and avoiding damaging the lining of your bowels.

Hope this makes sense? :)

So: its a good idea to take Accutane with some kind of fat (it can just be a spoonful peanut butter and a glass of water), and there is no real reason to stop exercising completely.

Personally I have cut down my workouts from heavy weightlifting and running to body weight exercises, pilates, and walking, since I've had massive joint and muscle pain.

Think the best thing is to just find an exercise level that you are comfortable with and then listen to your body :)

Does anyone have issues with whiteheads on Accutane? Mine seems really prominent and I popped them.. And now there are red marks. Really stupid, I know.

My Dermatologist recommended that I "take it easy" when exercising. Like a few of the others said above, I have cut back but haven't completely stopped. I find that exercise (mostly yoga and hiking with some gym time) really helps keep my body and mind healthy and strong enough to handle the treatment. But as with every side effect of this medicine, it all depends on the person. I just completed 3 months (3 more to go) and haven't experienced the terrible joint pain some describe. I imagine if I do, I will cut back on the exercise a bit more.

Great topic to bring up! It's something I've thought about often.

Does anyone have issues with whiteheads on Accutane? Mine seems really prominent and I popped them.. And now there are red marks. Really stupid, I know.

Eeeeek! Fight the urge to pop, squeeze, scratch, or touch those things. It's tough, but messing with them will only increase the time it takes for them to go away. I had a lot of white heads during months 1 and 2. Still got a couple here and there during month 3, but they seemed to go away in about a day 99% of the time...IF I didn't mess with them. Starting up month 4 now. No whiteheads at the moment, but still have red bumps and a couple of cysts along the jawline. The dryness is real.

Has anyone had to switch brands halfway through treatment? I was on Absorica and have switched to Claravis for insurance reasons. My Derm says I won't notice a difference and don't need to do anything differently. I can't help but freak out a little on the inside, though...

Edited by ambermo

My Dermatologist recommended that I "take it easy" when exercising. Like a few of the others said above, I have cut back but haven't completely stopped. I find that exercise (mostly yoga and hiking with some gym time) really helps keep my body and mind healthy and strong enough to handle the treatment. But as with every side effect of this medicine, it all depends on the person. I just completed 3 months (3 more to go) and haven't experienced the terrible joint pain some describe. I imagine if I do, I will cut back on the exercise a bit more.

Eeeeek! Fight the urge to pop, squeeze, scratch, or touch those things. It's tough, but messing with them will only increase the time it takes for them to go away. I had a lot of white heads during months 1 and 2. Still got a couple here and there during month 3, but they seemed to go away in about a day 99% of the time...IF I didn't mess with them. Starting up month 4 now. No whiteheads at the moment, but still have red bumps and a couple of cysts along the jawline. The dryness is real.

Has anyone had to switch brands halfway through treatment? I was on Absorica and have switched to Claravis for insurance reasons. My Derm says I won't notice a difference and don't need to do anything differently. I can't help but freak out a little on the inside, though...

Thanks for replying! :)

I'm only on 20mg/day, so I'm not really dry, just occasionally flaky. I finally have normal skin, compared to being ridiculously oily pre-accutane. None of my pimples/cysts/whiteheads have gone away in a day while on Accutane. The whiteheads almost always come to a head, and don't go away unless I pop them. It's horrible, I know, but I've either gotta deal with walking around with something sticking out of my face or scarring. What's worse, none of these whiteheads seem to be going away on their own like others have experienced. They always come to a head, and I've still got several under the skin. Seems like it's gonna be a long journey.

Thanks for replying!

I'm only on 20mg/day, so I'm not really dry, just occasionally flaky. I finally have normal skin, compared to being ridiculously oily pre-accutane. None of my pimples/cysts/whiteheads have gone away in a day while on Accutane. The whiteheads almost always come to a head, and don't go away unless I pop them. It's horrible, I know, but I've either gotta deal with walking around with something sticking out of my face or scarring. What's worse, none of these whiteheads seem to be going away on their own like others have experienced. They always come to a head, and I've still got several under the skin. Seems like it's gonna be a long journey.

Not having to deal with ridiculously oily skin has been the best!

Sorry to hear your whiteheads aren't disappearing as quickly as you'd like. I actually just had a HUGE one under my nose that took about a day to grow to its full size then another day to go away. Luckily this seems to be the case for most of mine. It does suck and they're impossible to conceal, but the ones I mess with really do take longer to go away so I try my best not to.

How long have you been on 20mg/day?

Thanks for replying! smile.png

Sorry to hear your whiteheads aren't disappearing as quickly as you'd like. I actually just had a HUGE one under my nose that took about a day to grow to its full size then another day to go away. Luckily this seems to be the case for most of mine. It does suck and they're impossible to conceal, but the ones I mess with really do take longer to go away so I try my best not to.

Hey!

I've been trying my bestest to not pick at those whiteheads that are under my skin and so far, so good. I haven't had any actives for about a week now, but I usually break out after a week of no actives.

I however have this lump that's under my skin, but its not painful. Do you know if it'll gl away by itself or will it get inflamed into a cyst?

I'm about 4 months and a week on 20mg! :) how about you?

Thanks for replying! smile.png

Hey!

I've been trying my bestest to not pick at those whiteheads that are under my skin and so far, so good. I haven't had any actives for about a week now, but I usually break out after a week of no actives.

I however have this lump that's under my skin, but its not painful. Do you know if it'll gl away by itself or will it get inflamed into a cyst?

I'm about 4 months and a week on 20mg! how about you?

Oh, wow! Congratulations. How much longer do you have?

I'm just starting up month 4. I started out on 30mg/day the first month and have been on 60mg/day since. Originally my Derm told me I would be on it 5 months, but after my last appointment he said I need 6. Womp womp.

The lump under your skin sounds like the beginnings of a cyst. They're not always painful and they can take a while to build up and then go away. I'm talking weeks. Mine usually get a little red (sometimes painful, but not always) and eventually start shrinking. I've had a stubborn one on my jawline for probably 2 1/2 weeks and it's just now getting down to the size of a pencil eraser (not sticking out that far, but about as round). These ones take extra patience unfortunately.

I'm just starting up month 4. I started out on 30mg/day the first month and have been on 60mg/day since. Originally my Derm told me I would be on it 5 months, but after my last appointment he said I need 6. Womp womp.

The lump under your skin sounds like the beginnings of a cyst. They're not always painful and they can take a while to build up and then go away. I'm talking weeks. Mine usually get a little red (sometimes painful, but not always) and eventually start shrinking. I've had a stubborn one on my jawline for probably 2 1/2 weeks and it's just now getting down to the size of a pencil eraser (not sticking out that far, but about as round). These ones take extra patience unfortunately.

My derm said we would try out 6 months first and then see how it goes. Since I'm on such a low dose, and I've read that you got to take a cumulative dose of 120mg/kg, I'm thinking I could be on it for ~9 months or so.

Ah, another cyst. Mine almost ALWAYS morph into a giant monster with a head, and I'm left with no choice but to pop it :( If I don't, I gotta walk around with a 3D lump on my face which is.. horrifying. So far, so good! Except that lump on my cheek. I actually popped it once because it was protruding and had a tiny head, but I couldn't get everything out(obviously) and I went about with a scab for more than a week. Now it isn't protruding but I can feel the lump under the skin.

How was your acne pre-Accutane, and how is it going now? :)

My derm said we would try out 6 months first and then see how it goes. Since I'm on such a low dose, and I've read that you got to take a cumulative dose of 120mg/kg, I'm thinking I could be on it for ~9 months or so.

Ah, another cyst. Mine almost ALWAYS morph into a giant monster with a head, and I'm left with no choice but to pop it If I don't, I gotta walk around with a 3D lump on my face which is.. horrifying. So far, so good! Except that lump on my cheek. I actually popped it once because it was protruding and had a tiny head, but I couldn't get everything out(obviously) and I went about with a scab for more than a week. Now it isn't protruding but I can feel the lump under the skin.

How was your acne pre-Accutane, and how is it going now?

Pre-Accutane I was EXTREMELY oily. My face had a permanent shine and my hair would be greasy and gross looking by the end of each day. I constantly had breakouts, but they never covered my face entirely. I had small red bumps on my back/shoulders and chest, and typically my face would break out in the chin/jaw area with some occurring on my cheeks, forehead and around the nose. Breakouts were everything from red bumps and white heads to big cysts. I also had blackheads on my nose, upper cheeks and chest.

Once the oil was gone and the blackheads disappeared I knew going on Accutane was the right decision. Such a difference! Although I still have the breakouts, just being rid of the oil and blackheads has made my skin look much healthier.

Because I've struggled with acne for so long and have tried everything under the sun my Derm decided to go for an aggressive treatment (thus the high dose). I seem to be doing very well with it, though.

I was initially supposed to be on it for 5 months, but at my last appt my Derm said I needed 6. So three more months to go! So far I'm really happy and I can't wait to see the end result.

I guess the most annoying part right now is that my face will seem to be clearing up and all of a sudden, BAM, 4 little guys pop up and make me remember that the battle isn't quite over yet. It's definitely testing my patience, but I know it'll be worth it.

How are you?! How was your acne pre-tane? And are you noticing big changes on the lower dose?

Ah, another cyst. Mine almost ALWAYS morph into a giant monster with a head, and I'm left with no choice but to pop it If I don't, I gotta walk around with a 3D lump on my face which is.. horrifying. So far, so good! Except that lump on my cheek. I actually popped it once because it was protruding and had a tiny head, but I couldn't get everything out(obviously) and I went about with a scab for more than a week. Now it isn't protruding but I can feel the lump under the skin.

Pre-Accutane I was EXTREMELY oily. My face had a permanent shine and my hair would be greasy and gross looking by the end of each day. I constantly had breakouts, but they never covered my face entirely. I had small red bumps on my back/shoulders and chest, and typically my face would break out in the chin/jaw area with some occurring on my cheeks, forehead and around the nose. Breakouts were everything from red bumps and white heads to big cysts. I also had blackheads on my nose, upper cheeks and chest.

Once the oil was gone and the blackheads disappeared I knew going on Accutane was the right decision. Such a difference! Although I still have the breakouts, just being rid of the oil and blackheads has made my skin look much healthier.

Because I've struggled with acne for so long and have tried everything under the sun my Derm decided to go for an aggressive treatment (thus the high dose). I seem to be doing very well with it, though.

I was initially supposed to be on it for 5 months, but at my last appt my Derm said I needed 6. So three more months to go! So far I'm really happy and I can't wait to see the end result.

I guess the most annoying part right now is that my face will seem to be clearing up and all of a sudden, BAM, 4 little guys pop up and make me remember that the battle isn't quite over yet. It's definitely testing my patience, but I know it'll be worth it.

How are you?! How was your acne pre-tane? And are you noticing big changes on the lower dose?

I was also extremely oily as well, 15 mins after cleansing my face would be shiny. It started out as clogged pores and blackheads around 2 years ago. Slowly, the clogged pores multiplied. My forehead, around the nose, chin, cheeks, practically everywhere was clogged. I also had many blackheads on my nose. The blackheads would appear a day after getting them removed, it was really ridiculous.

Then around a year ago, the whiteheads started getting inflamed. I was getting large cysts which I never had before, and getting a new pimple everyday. It isn't typical Accutane type of acne, but it was very very persistent and resistant to treatments. I dreaded waking up in the morning to see another new pimple. The derm that I was seeing at that time kept switching my products around, which didn't help AT ALL. I tried that for around 4 months. What made me frustrated was that he refused to give me Doxycycline which worked for me a few years back. The last straw was when he gave me a Retinol product which made everything worse. My face was extremely irritated, greasy and I was breaking out even worse. I stuck it out trying to write it off as 'purging', but after a while I decided that this derm was really not gonna work for me. He also barely listened to me when I went in for consultations. I was almost always out in 5 minutes.

During the first consultation with my current derm, he recommended me Accutane(I'm actually taking Oratane) after listening to what I have tried before. There weren't any improvements in terms of my acne in the first 2 months, and my initial breakout lasted that long as well. I got even larger cysts(got a few cortisone shots as well) during the IB and ALL the clogged pores were pushing their way out, making my skin texture even bumpier. It was a rough(literally) time. A few months before going on Accutane my acne affected me so much that I developed some sort of social anxiety; I hated being outside, and came home as soon as possible after school. I avoided social interactions as well, and couldn't look people in the eye when I talked to them. Even to my mum, I was that embarrassed.

The first difference I noticed was that my skin was less oily, and the blackheads went away. Only in Month 3 I started to notice a significant difference in the number of actives and clogged pores. My forehead(one of my greatest problem areas) was first to clear I also started to moisturise, which I didn't have to before. I live in a tropical climate so I think it helps with the dryness as well. Since starting Accutane, I've also been doing microdermabrasion, chemical peeling and Pulsed Dye Laser(only started recently) monthly. I know many on Accutane say that you can't do these treatments while on Accutane(in fact it's recommended to do these 6 months after Accutane), but I trusted my derm and it has been working very well for me. I think the microdermabrasion has been helping to remove the surface clogs and the chemical peels has been helping slightly with the scarring. Now I'm about halfway through Month 5 and I've finally stopped getting actives every other day. I've actually not had any in the past 2 weeks(I hope I don't jinx it!), those that are popping up are all the existing whiteheads getting inflamed. Like you, every time I think 'Oh, I'm finally clearing up!'I breakout again, which really affects me and I panic thinking that I'm getting immune to the Accutane(is it possible?). Even now I still get occasional flares, although less serious than before.

I wish I was as positive as you! I panic at the tiniest pimple these days. My derm has actually recommended me to alternate between 20mg and 40mg, but I'm reluctant as I wear contacts and my eyes are already rather dry. I've also noticed that around a week before my period is due my skin becomes slightly greasy esp around my nose, which I find it weird as isn't Accutane supposed to make you dry?? If this persists and I start getting more clogged pores again, I will consider increasing my dosage. For now, every thing is looking quite alright and my skin tone is fairly even. Except 2 scars I got from popping last night. Oh well.

Sorry for the longass post, felt like I needed to talk to someone. I hope this helps you and others in some way as well!

P.S. My lips are SO dry. They don't sell Aquaphor where I live, do you know of any good lip products?

I was also extremely oily as well, 15 mins after cleansing my face would be shiny. It started out as clogged pores and blackheads around 2 years ago. Slowly, the clogged pores multiplied. My forehead, around the nose, chin, cheeks, practically everywhere was clogged. I also had many blackheads on my nose. The blackheads would appear a day after getting them removed, it was really ridiculous.

Then around a year ago, the whiteheads started getting inflamed. I was getting large cysts which I never had before, and getting a new pimple everyday. It isn't typical Accutane type of acne, but it was very very persistent and resistant to treatments. I dreaded waking up in the morning to see another new pimple. The derm that I was seeing at that time kept switching my products around, which didn't help AT ALL. I tried that for around 4 months. What made me frustrated was that he refused to give me Doxycycline which worked for me a few years back. The last straw was when he gave me a Retinol product which made everything worse. My face was extremely irritated, greasy and I was breaking out even worse. I stuck it out trying to write it off as 'purging', but after a while I decided that this derm was really not gonna work for me. He also barely listened to me when I went in for consultations. I was almost always out in 5 minutes.

During the first consultation with my current derm, he recommended me Accutane(I'm actually taking Oratane) after listening to what I have tried before. There weren't any improvements in terms of my acne in the first 2 months, and my initial breakout lasted that long as well. I got even larger cysts(got a few cortisone shots as well) during the IB and ALL the clogged pores were pushing their way out, making my skin texture even bumpier. It was a rough(literally) time. A few months before going on Accutane my acne affected me so much that I developed some sort of social anxiety; I hated being outside, and came home as soon as possible after school. I avoided social interactions as well, and couldn't look people in the eye when I talked to them. Even to my mum, I was that embarrassed.

The first difference I noticed was that my skin was less oily, and the blackheads went away. Only in Month 3 I started to notice a significant difference in the number of actives and clogged pores. My forehead(one of my greatest problem areas) was first to clear I also started to moisturise, which I didn't have to before. I live in a tropical climate so I think it helps with the dryness as well. Since starting Accutane, I've also been doing microdermabrasion, chemical peeling and Pulsed Dye Laser(only started recently) monthly. I know many on Accutane say that you can't do these treatments while on Accutane(in fact it's recommended to do these 6 months after Accutane), but I trusted my derm and it has been working very well for me. I think the microdermabrasion has been helping to remove the surface clogs and the chemical peels has been helping slightly with the scarring. Now I'm about halfway through Month 5 and I've finally stopped getting actives every other day. I've actually not had any in the past 2 weeks(I hope I don't jinx it!), those that are popping up are all the existing whiteheads getting inflamed. Like you, every time I think 'Oh, I'm finally clearing up!'I breakout again, which really affects me and I panic thinking that I'm getting immune to the Accutane(is it possible?). Even now I still get occasional flares, although less serious than before.

I wish I was as positive as you! I panic at the tiniest pimple these days. My derm has actually recommended me to alternate between 20mg and 40mg, but I'm reluctant as I wear contacts and my eyes are already rather dry. I've also noticed that around a week before my period is due my skin becomes slightly greasy esp around my nose, which I find it weird as isn't Accutane supposed to make you dry?? If this persists and I start getting more clogged pores again, I will consider increasing my dosage. For now, every thing is looking quite alright and my skin tone is fairly even. Except 2 scars I got from popping last night. Oh well.

Sorry for the longass post, felt like I needed to talk to someone. I hope this helps you and others in some way as well!

P.S. My lips are SO dry. They don't sell Aquaphor where I live, do you know of any good lip products?

The experience you had with your Dermatologists sounds just like mine! I was seeing one for a year who spent less than 5 minutes with me each visit and just kept prescribing me the same antibiotics...antibiotics for a year with barely any affect!! Crazy. And that's after being on and off other antibiotics and treatments for years before. Needless to say, I'm so glad I found my new Derm and happy to hear you found one who seems to care a bit more as well!

I'm sorry to hear they don't sell Aquaphor where you live. Can you order it on Amazon? It really is the best. I tried a couple others (Vaseline, Chapstick) and neither worked as well. Maybe try Carmex? It has a similar texture to Aquaphor, but smells and tastes bad. Lol. Worth it if it works though!

Why did your Derm recommend the microdermabrasion, chemical peel and pulsed dye laser? In hopes that your acne will clear more quickly or to help with scarring, or both? That's interesting. I've always heard you can't do any of that while on Accutane as well. Maybe it's because you're on a low dose? I'm sticking with 60mg for the rest of treatment (a little less than 3 months to go, which will be 6 months total...I hope), which sounds like a lot for my size after I talk to other people (5'2 and 115lbs).

I totally understand your feelings of panic! Last summer I was so self-conscious about my skin that I would skip pool parties and other activities if it meant being around new people in daylight/outside since the acne would be so much more visible. Such a bummer considering we have amazing weather and I love to be outside. I still get those feelings sometimes when I have a big red bump on my cheek that's hard to cover, ect. but I just have to keep telling myself that this is all going to be worth it and if someone is judging me for having acne then to hell with them because at least I'm doing something about it :)

Link to Aquaphor on Amazon (note the price reflects the fact that most of these come in packs of three) - http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_19?url=search-alias%3Dhpc&field-keywords=aquaphor+healing+ointment&sprefix=aquaphor+healing+oi%2Caps%2C242&rh=n%3A3760901%2Ck%3Aaquaphor+healing+ointment

The experience you had with your Dermatologists sounds just like mine! I was seeing one for a year who spent less than 5 minutes with me each visit and just kept prescribing me the same antibiotics...antibiotics for a year with barely any affect!! Crazy. And that's after being on and off other antibiotics and treatments for years before. Needless to say, I'm so glad I found my new Derm and happy to hear you found one who seems to care a bit more as well!

I'm sorry to hear they don't sell Aquaphor where you live. Can you order it on Amazon? It really is the best. I tried a couple others (Vaseline, Chapstick) and neither worked as well. Maybe try Carmex? It has a similar texture to Aquaphor, but smells and tastes bad. Lol. Worth it if it works though!

Why did your Derm recommend the microdermabrasion, chemical peel and pulsed dye laser? In hopes that your acne will clear more quickly or to help with scarring, or both? That's interesting. I've always heard you can't do any of that while on Accutane as well. Maybe it's because you're on a low dose? I'm sticking with 60mg for the rest of treatment (a little less than 3 months to go, which will be 6 months total...I hope), which sounds like a lot for my size after I talk to other people (5'2 and 115lbs).

I totally understand your feelings of panic! Last summer I was so self-conscious about my skin that I would skip pool parties and other activities if it meant being around new people in daylight/outside since the acne would be so much more visible. Such a bummer considering we have amazing weather and I love to be outside. I still get those feelings sometimes when I have a big red bump on my cheek that's hard to cover, ect. but I just have to keep telling myself that this is all going to be worth it and if someone is judging me for having acne then to hell with them because at least I'm doing something about it

Link to Aquaphor on Amazon (note the price reflects the fact that most of these come in packs of three) - http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_19?url=search-alias%3Dhpc&field-keywords=aquaphor+healing+ointment&sprefix=aquaphor+healing+oi%2Caps%2C242&rh=n%3A3760901%2Ck%3Aaquaphor+healing+ointment

I'm currently using Vaseline, but it doesn't really help and I have to constantly reapply it. I also had to give up any kind of tinted lip products, which I'm very upset about! It's much too expensive to ship to where I am, thanks for your help though. Yes, he recommended those treatments to help me clear the clogged pores quicker as those were my main issues and they were very very stubborn. The chemical peeling and PDL is to help with the scarring! 60mg does seem like quite a high dose for you; for comparison I'm also about 5'2 and about 95 lbs. I have been getting oilier these days, but I'm not sure if its due to my period though. If it persists I might consider upping my dosage to 40mg alternate days, but it's highly unlikely.

I'm trying to be more optimistic though! I still have the social anxiety from when my acne was bad and that makes me so nervous sometimes. Would you consider updating your gallery with your current progress pictures? :)

P.S. That cyst under my skin is STILL here!

I totally understand your feelings of panic! Last summer I was so self-conscious about my skin that I would skip pool parties and other activities if it meant being around new people in daylight/outside since the acne would be so much more visible. Such a bummer considering we have amazing weather and I love to be outside. I still get those feelings sometimes when I have a big red bump on my cheek that's hard to cover, ect. but I just have to keep telling myself that this is all going to be worth it and if someone is judging me for having acne then to hell with them because at least I'm doing something about it

I'm currently using Vaseline, but it doesn't really help and I have to constantly reapply it. I also had to give up any kind of tinted lip products, which I'm very upset about! It's much too expensive to ship to where I am, thanks for your help though. Yes, he recommended those treatments to help me clear the clogged pores quicker as those were my main issues and they were very very stubborn. The chemical peeling and PDL is to help with the scarring! 60mg does seem like quite a high dose for you; for comparison I'm also about 5'2 and about 95 lbs. I have been getting oilier these days, but I'm not sure if its due to my period though. If it persists I might consider upping my dosage to 40mg alternate days, but it's highly unlikely.

I'm trying to be more optimistic though! I still have the social anxiety from when my acne was bad and that makes me so nervous sometimes. Would you consider updating your gallery with your current progress pictures?

P.S. That cyst under my skin is STILL here!

Ugh. Those cysts can be so stubborn. I still feel the one that was on my jawline (it's not really noticeable anymore but I can feel a tiny bump). It was there for weeks!! Staying positive is probably one of the most important things you can do for yourself right now. It will get better!

I'll update pics now...Day 99 :)