Notifications
Clear all

Bulldog Cleansers

MemberMember
(@estranged)

Posted : 07/27/2014 6:23 am

Im stuck between choosing between the normal bulldog cleanser and the sensitive one, im pretty sure i have sensitive skin but im leaning more towards the normal cleanser as it has a whole heap more reviews than the sensitive one. The reviews for the normal cleanser say its very gentle, so that must mean the sensitive one is even more gentle. As the bulldog products are filled with essential oils, the normal cleanser has a lot more of these than the sensitive. Ahh please help someone

MemberMember
(@estranged)

Posted : 07/27/2014 7:12 am

edit: heres the ingredients

normal: Aqua (Water) Cocamidopropyl betaine Coco-glucoside Glycerin Glycereth-26 Sodium lauroyl sarcosinate Acrylates /C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer Phenoxyethanol Sodium chloride Benzoic acid Dehydroacetic acid Sodium laurate Sodium hydroxide Camellia sinensis (Green Tea) leaf extract Citrus aurantium bergamia (Bergamot) peel oil Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel oil Ethylhexylglycerin Artemisia vulgaris oil Polyaminopropyl biguanide Sodium sarcosinate Pelargonium graveolens oil Pogostemon cablin leaf oil Citrus aurantifolia (Lime) oil Evernia furfuracea (Treemoss) extract Juniperus virginiana oil Vetiveria zizanoides root oil Limonene

sensitive: Aqua (Water) Cocamidopropyl betaine Coco-glucoside Glycerin Sodium lauroyl sarcosinate Acrylates /C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer Phenoxyethanol Sodium chloride Sodium hydroxide Benzoic acid Sodium laurate Dehydroacetic acid Camellia sinensis (Green Tea) leaf extract Cedrus atlantica (Cedarwood) bark oil Sodium sarcosinate Pogostemon cablin leaf oil

MemberMember
(@estranged)

Posted : 07/28/2014 12:38 am

anyone??

MemberMember
(@estranged)

Posted : 08/01/2014 3:33 am

bump..

MemberMember
(@theo77)

Posted : 08/01/2014 9:13 am

My skin is pretty sensitive and I used bulldog a while back, just the normal one... My skin was OK and didn't breakout.

MemberMember
(@estranged)

Posted : 08/01/2014 6:27 pm

Should i continue using bulldog or go back to aveeno ultra calming?

MemberMember
(@user410314)

Posted : 08/04/2014 2:30 am

Aveeno sucks, imo

This is a fantastic line- the packaging is very non-gender specific. They even have a Men's Line, though they appear to be out of stock. Great, potent ingredients for all skin types, and you can get a free consultation with an esthetician on their site.

*URL REMOVED MODERATOR EDIT*

MemberMember
(@estranged)

Posted : 08/09/2014 6:17 am

Bump on whether to use original or sensitive bulldog?

MemberMember
(@user410314)

Posted : 08/10/2014 4:26 am

http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/product/472808/Bulldog_Natural_Skincare_Original_Face_Wash/

Sodium Laurate and glycerin are irritants, not sure why'd they be in a sensitive formulation, but these are not anti-acne products and contain no anti-acne ingredients.

Read the descriptions of the ingredients on the Bulldog web site- you're buying filler and preservatives, a soap in a bottle marketed to men. CeraVe is a non-irritating, noncomedogenic product. The line I mentioned above is good.

Sulfur soap is also good, cheap and basic. Proactive Deep is very, very good- I mix it with Avene Gentle cleansers to get the effect of the salicylic with extra softening properties.

MemberMember
(@estranged)

Posted : 08/13/2014 5:16 am

I cant buy any products at the moment, should i keep using bulldog or use nivea for men sensitive?

MemberMember
(@estranged)

Posted : 08/15/2014 9:34 pm

Bump?

MemberMember
(@estranged)

Posted : 08/16/2014 2:04 am

Please need an answer quick

MemberMember
(@estranged)

Posted : 08/17/2014 3:03 am

triple bump hahah

MemberMember
(@monm13)

Posted : 08/17/2014 4:03 am

I would go for sensitive. Both will benefit you in the long run, but if your worried, Sensitive is a good way to go. Yiu can always return it and exchange?

MemberMember
(@estranged)

Posted : 08/17/2014 4:05 am

I would go for sensitive. Both will benefit you in the long run, but if your worried, Sensitive is a good way to go. Yiu can always return it and exchange?

Thanks heaps for the reply, im not able to buy the sensitive bulldog at the moment, however i already have the original one. Should i use original bulldog face wash or nivea sensitive for men?

MemberMember
(@monm13)

Posted : 08/17/2014 4:11 am

To be honest its completely up to you. Which do you think its good for you or better for you? Or that suita you are your needs?

My history of picking different cleansers, toner, cream, etc, is a long one. I have to many face products that I hide under my facial drawer that I dont use anymore. Now I decided to stick to one that benefits me most and stop thinking about other facial products. Lol.

Hope I helped you decide.

MemberMember
(@estranged)

Posted : 08/17/2014 4:28 am

To be honest its completely up to you. Which do you think its good for you or better for you? Or that suita you are your needs?

My history of picking different cleansers, toner, cream, etc, is a long one. I have to many face products that I hide under my facial drawer that I dont use anymore. Now I decided to stick to one that benefits me most and stop thinking about other facial products. Lol.

Hope I helped you decide.

Ive been using bulldog for about 2 weeks now, my face is a little red and i was getting a few breakouts, but they calm down really quickly. I think this was due to the fact i had a lot of acne under the skin and it was pulling it all out. All in all, my face looks alot more clear, but still a little irritated. Does this mean bulldog is working? Is 2 weeks enough time for results?

MemberMember
(@estranged)

Posted : 08/17/2014 11:02 pm

Bump?

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 08/18/2014 8:30 am

I would use the original bulldog cleanser. If you notice that it's not as gentle on your skin as you think it should be, go get the sensitive cleanser, when you can. Both products seem to have safe looking ingredients in them. I've personally never used bulldog.

A good rule of thumb, if you have been told you have sensitive skin or you know you react to products easily, always go for the sensitive line.