Notifications
Clear all

I Have Just Started A Predominantly Low Gi Diet And Simple Topical Treatment For General Well Being And Mild/moderate Acne Vulgaris

MemberMember
(@bluesalvia)

Posted : 07/27/2014 5:18 am

I'll cut to the chase....

I do not have any professional qualifications regarding dermatology or the like.

I do have mild/moderate acne vulgaris, that comes and goes when it pleases, since the age of 13ish and I am 28 years old.

I am trying a diet of plenty fresh veg and fruit, (predominantly veg) brown rice, lentils, chickpeas, flax seeds, nuts.

Drinking one glass of water and Apple Cider Vinegar (1 table spoon) a day.

Drinking plenty of water.

Reducing dairy intake.

Reducing potato intake.

Reducing sugar intake.

Reducing highly processed food.

Also concentrated tomato pasta sauces and tomato paste (it may exacerbate my acne, it feels like it does)

Also it is possible highly spiced food may aggravate it also.

Factors I cannot control is weather change.

I am also putting ACV on my face, 1 part water, 1 part ACV, but instead of leaving it on, I wash it off after 30-60 seconds

I have been doing most of these things for about 4 days, I will let you know in a few days or so how things are going, thanks for reading and all the best with your endeavors.

Kind regards,

BlueSalvia

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 07/27/2014 1:37 pm

Good luck

MemberMember
(@bluesalvia)

Posted : 07/27/2014 6:22 pm

Thankyou :)

MemberMember
(@bluesalvia)

Posted : 07/31/2014 8:56 pm

Hi,

I am doing quite well with my diet,

I haven't strictly followed the diet but have consciously improved fresh veg and fruit intake and having ACV most days so far

My skin doesn't feel as irritated, a lot calmer :) which is great.

I am going to continue eating more fresh veg and fruit, less caffeine, drinking diluted ACV, eating linseeds, chia seeds, lots of water, less highly processed food.

More gentle exercise

Not touching and picking face (I find it very difficult not to do this)

Sweeeeeeet

Thank you for reading and all the best with your efforts,

I'll keep reporting,

Kind regards,

Dilly

MemberMember
(@bluesalvia)

Posted : 08/14/2014 4:51 pm

Hi,

Sticking to diet with a few exceptions, skin isn't too bad, I'll keep with it because its good for overall health :)

All the best with your efforts to banish them dreaded blemishes,

My heart goes out to all,

BlueSalvia

MemberMember
(@aliengirl)

Posted : 08/14/2014 10:19 pm

Hi, good to hear that you have some good results from your low GI diet! I hope your skin will continue to calm down! :)

MemberMember
(@bluesalvia)

Posted : 09/14/2014 8:29 pm

Hi, thanks for response, fallen off the low GI diet quite considerably, I find it very hard to stick to things for a decent amount of time. My skin isn't too crazy at the moe, I think stress, anxiety, hormones has a huge role to play in acne also weather changes, one thing I've found good is using Clearasil perfecting face wash, doesn't get rid of completely but doesn't aggrevate and maybe even helps it a little, quite soothing and maybe reduces redness a little, so I'm sticking by it. :) Kind regards, Dilly

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 09/17/2014 11:18 am

Hi, thanks for response, fallen off the low GI diet quite considerably, I find it very hard to stick to things for a decent amount of time. My skin isn't too crazy at the moe, I think stress, anxiety, hormones has a huge role to play in acne also weather changes,

Just keep finding good things to eat. Eventually you will replace the junk. And yes, weather and stress can affect.

MemberMember
(@sustakp)

Posted : 09/17/2014 6:36 pm

Hi Alternativista,

how does weather affect acne?

Hi, thanks for response, fallen off the low GI diet quite considerably, I find it very hard to stick to things for a decent amount of time. My skin isn't too crazy at the moe, I think stress, anxiety, hormones has a huge role to play in acne also weather changes,

Just keep finding good things to eat. Eventually you will replace the junk. And yes, weather and stress can affect.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 09/18/2014 9:43 am

Hi Alternativista,

Hi

Humidity tends to make skin oilier. And there tends to be a reduction in ceramides in winter which weakens skin making it more sensitive. There are probably others. And seasons I.e. Less vitamin d production in winter.