Notifications
Clear all

I Need Suggestions/help

MemberMember
(@hedgecore)

Posted : 07/26/2014 8:05 pm

I just want to know what u think of my acne and what I can do to help cause it seems like nothing is helping me out or working and its just getting worse .....and I feel like shyt soooo much lately I'm considering just being a bum out on the streets ......I know its a bit dramatic but I just want some opinions or help or suggestions ....something.to help the red marks ?! the acne ,?! a diet ,?! anything will help me out thanks I have no support for this at home

post-203984-0-01695400-1406422843_thumb.

post-203984-0-14302400-1406422870_thumb.

post-203984-0-82518800-1406423057_thumb.

post-203984-0-01695400-1406422843_thumb.

post-203984-0-14302400-1406422870_thumb.

post-203984-0-82518800-1406423057_thumb.

MemberMember
(@rocker165)

Posted : 07/26/2014 11:06 pm

Perhaps, its something that needs professional help. Like a dermatologist. I really, really want to help but I dont know what products/treatment I should recommend coz I'm not an expert.

MemberMember
(@psychokitty)

Posted : 07/27/2014 12:53 am

What is your diet like and what do you use to wash your face? Have you tried putting anything like acne treatments on it already?

MemberMember
(@jeneennnn)

Posted : 07/27/2014 12:59 am

I have been using panoxyl (benzoyl peroxide 10%) acne foam wash and clindimacyn and omfg I am so happy with the results after one year of trying out things for my acne this stuff has worked like nothing else I would suggest this but I didnt have acne like you so I would go to the dermatologist and most likely prescribe you accutane since you have severe acne oh and don't just find a derm on google and call for an appointment research all the derms in your insurance (if you have) and see which one is the best and which has the most experience.if your trying to find a derm the easiest website is zocdoc

MemberMember
(@sydboi)

Posted : 07/27/2014 1:50 am

Hi,

I'd also recommend seeking a professional. What has helped me with my really big and severe cysts was Photodynamic Therapy treatment. It didn't stop normal pimples coming out, it just reduced the frequency of eruptions. However, it has stopped my cystic pimples which I was happy about.

Photodynamic therapy apparently can also help skin texture and PIH. I've read that for some it has worked... for me it was a half half kinda thing in regards to PIH and texture improvement- i.e., very minimal. In any case, you need to seek out a professional to do it.

Another option is Accutane. Again you need a derm to prescribe it. I was on it, but it didn't stop my acne coming back when I went off it.

As for diet, I'd recommend eating a low inflammation diet. On the holistic page in the forum there is heaps of good advice for diet, including foods to heal leaky guy, aid digestion, detox and liver support, all of which I believe play a part in acne. Perhaps cut down/out dairy and gluten, eat less processed foods, keep hydrated, ensure you get enough Essential Fatty Acids (good for skin and hair, and to keep your skin barrier healthy). Also the obvious about avoiding fast food, alcohol, smoking etc.

Have you tried Dans Regimen? Heaps of individuals have had success on here from the posts I've read.

I'd probably look into a good retinoid also (under professional supervision if possible). If your skin is sensitive- which it probably is because of the acne- maybe try Retinaldehyde instead of Retin-A or its contemporaries.

Could you put into more details what you have attempted for your skin, and what you're currently using?

I'm so sorry you're going through this. If ever you want to talk or whatever, or need support, just inbox me. I'm not a professional, I'm not even the best person on here with knowledge and advice, but I have also suffered and I can lend as much knowledge and support as I have to give.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/27/2014 12:00 pm

Definitely see a derm as you have begin scarring which is much harder to treat than acne. I agree that exploring diet changes could be helpful

MemberMember
(@monica23)

Posted : 07/27/2014 5:27 pm

I also suggest seeing a dermatologist. I would suggest a few products that I used, but I'm not sure if it will help because your case seems more severe than mine was.

MemberMember
(@hedgecore)

Posted : 07/30/2014 2:28 pm

What is your diet like and what do you use to wash your face? Have you tried putting anything like acne treatments on it already?

i havent been eatig realy god lately im ver stressed out and ihave anxiety, my diet is pretty normal, i tried using clean and clear, dove soap, acne soaps, noxemea , not eating , water only , te more dry out my skin or tryto the acne flares up and gets worse, ive just been using the cetaphil and putting it on my face , its the only thing that helps, i have no money for dermatologist either , and i have no help fo this at home

Hi,

I'd also recommend seeking a professional. What has helped me with my really big and severe cysts was Photodynamic Therapy treatment. It didn't stop normal pimples coming out, it just reduced the frequency of eruptions. However, it has stopped my cystic pimples which I was happy about.

Photodynamic therapy apparently can also help skin texture and PIH. I've read that for some it has worked... for me it was a half half kinda thing in regards to PIH and texture improvement- i.e., very minimal. In any case, you need to seek out a professional to do it.

Another option is Accutane. Again you need a derm to prescribe it. I was on it, but it didn't stop my acne coming back when I went off it.

As for diet, I'd recommend eating a low inflammation diet. On the holistic page in the forum there is heaps of good advice for diet, including foods to heal leaky guy, aid digestion, detox and liver support, all of which I believe play a part in acne. Perhaps cut down/out dairy and gluten, eat less processed foods, keep hydrated, ensure you get enough Essential Fatty Acids (good for skin and hair, and to keep your skin barrier healthy). Also the obvious about avoiding fast food, alcohol, smoking etc.

Have you tried Dans Regimen? Heaps of individuals have had success on here from the posts I've read.

I'd probably look into a good retinoid also (under professional supervision if possible). If your skin is sensitive- which it probably is because of the acne- maybe try Retinaldehyde instead of Retin-A or its contemporaries.

Could you put into more details what you have attempted for your skin, and what you're currently using?

I'm so sorry you're going through this. If ever you want to talk or whatever, or need support, just inbox me. I'm not a professional, I'm not even the best person on here with knowledge and advice, but I have also suffered and I can lend as much knowledge and support as I have to give.

thanks dude inbox me cuz you seem to know what ur talking about,when they say my acne is more severe the thiers idont need to be hearing that , ass holes....... im just using cetaphil as wash and mositureizer its the only thing keeping it in check

Definitely see a derm as you have begin scarring which is much harder to treat than acne. I agree that exploring diet changes could be helpful

any suggestions?

i kinda wana hear people that have had severe ance and got it onder control , i dont think people with mild acne knows what im going through at all

MemberMember
(@hedgecore)

Posted : 07/30/2014 5:19 pm

sorry if I'm rude I don't mean to I'm just going crazy

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/30/2014 9:20 pm

The paleo diet is an easy one to follow and it cuts out 2 of the dietary things that worsen SOME peoples acne (dairy and gluten).

Do you have insurance? If so, go to one and see about trying out a topical retinoid and anti microbial and if that is not successful, then accutane.

You are right that people with less than severe acne (like myself) will not understand fully what you are going through but we can still show some love.

We're here for you.

MemberMember
(@francopld)

Posted : 07/30/2014 10:44 pm

You must take accutane. You have severe acne with severe scarring.

It's accutane or nothing.

Diet and trying another things won't help to much,or even do something.

Going trough milder prescriptions as topical retinoids/antibiotics,will take way to long to achieve a clean face,but it is possible.

If i were you,i would be taking accutane without hesitating.

MemberMember
(@psychokitty)

Posted : 07/31/2014 1:16 am

i havent been eatig realy god lately im ver stressed out and ihave anxiety, my diet is pretty normal, i tried using clean and clear, dove soap, acne soaps, noxemea , not eating , water only , te more dry out my skin or tryto the acne flares up and gets worse, ive just been using the cetaphil and putting it on my face , its the only thing that helps, i have no money for dermatologist either , and i have no help fo this at home

>Hi,

thanks dude inbox me cuz you seem to know what ur talking about,when they say my acne is more severe the thiers idont need to be hearing that , ass holes....... im just using cetaphil as wash and mositureizer its the only thing keeping it in check

any suggestions?

i kinda wana hear people that have had severe ance and got it onder control , i dont think people with mild acne knows what im going through at all

Maybe try to not eat dairy, gluten and sugar for a while. It's kind of hard to do at first but it cheap right? That's rough you don't have support at home 🙁 At least you live in the day and age of the internet.

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 07/31/2014 7:06 am

woa u have it so rly rly bad dude D: u need something to stop new break outs asap and get to fixing those scars. i think u need rly good diet for skin be able to repair itself, its tough but looks like u lack something bcs it looks like ur skin is not making collagen in those spots anymore. im not sure but maybe high in healthy fat diet would be good for u? also greens and alot of healty vegetables. (vitamins) , also omega 3 (supplement + fish)

after u get rid of active acne u should look into dermastamping/rolling to fix those scars. also topical vit c, copper peptides, maybe some aha.

id also put some good vitamin oil like rosehip or else from time to time but those can break u out. oils i think r superindividual, some can break u out, some not, u have to be careful with them..

idk how to get rid of active pimples tho, only options that come in mind are bp and accutane BUT they can waste/scar/hyperpigmentation ur face even more so its rly risky, not allways works either...

u need to at least moisturise

they say getting rly good diet (getting rid of all alergy food, processed, dairy, gluten) will fix acne in most case but im not sure abt this..it should improve at least!

MemberMember
(@aimie96)

Posted : 07/31/2014 2:10 pm

Wash your face twice a day, take a multi-vitamin every day, and use moisturizer! Wash your face in the morning with a light mild cleanser, then pat dry with a clean towel, then apply your moisturizer. The less irritation on your face the better! I've struggled with acne for 2 years, but I've kept it in control to where it is just mild. I do have horrible acne scarring though, and let's face it, make up isn't helping. I asked my doctor about it and she prescribed Differin, and so far I haven't noticed much but it will take time. Drink plenty of water, and try to use a sun screen when spending a lot of time outside.

MemberMember
(@theodor)

Posted : 08/01/2014 3:43 pm

Change in diet will have limited effect, though obviously if you find a food which causes an outbreak, you should stop eating it. Also, drink plenty of water - but that should go without saying for everyone!

You really do need to see a dermatologist to control the acne and prevent scarring. They will probably prescribe you roaccutane.

Also, find ways to deal with stress - do plenty of exercise, meditate and go swimming. But make sure you see a dermatologist.

MemberMember
(@hedgecore)

Posted : 08/01/2014 9:35 pm

any suggestons on diets just paleo?? and my scars are already really bad im more focused on getting the acne to stop

MemberMember
(@user410314)

Posted : 08/02/2014 8:19 pm

Alkaline and low-glycemic index.

This site is great, lots of good articles.

*URL Removed, see board rules; http://www.acne.org/board-rules.html Acne.org Moderator Team*

MemberMember
(@handsomedead94)

Posted : 08/08/2014 1:26 am

Im no expert.

But this looks like the kind of thing that Accutane was invented for. This exact reason.

Changing your diet and washing your face and supplements are a very idealistic solution to your problem. Dont get me wrong they are great suggestions. But those things alone will not remedy your situation.

You need a dermatologist and you probably will need accutane. Possibly some surgeries.

My best wishes to you. No one should have to go through acne.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/08/2014 11:09 pm

Like what other people have said, Accutane looks like it's most likely the proper treatment. You can try other things but by the looks of it, it will probably take years before you can get your skin under control without it.

You may or my not find some of these helpful but:

Wash your face with spectrol gel or cetaphil twice a day ONLY (morning and night)

Moisturize twice a day

Use BP

Drink plenty of water

Avoid milk product

MemberMember
(@sydboi)

Posted : 09/16/2014 4:24 pm

any suggestons on diets just paleo?? and my scars are already really bad im more focused on getting the acne to stop

How are you going Hedgecore? Have you seen a derm?

Hoping it is all getting better for you