Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone heard of Eratin 10, or Eratin 20 Aka Isotretinoin?? I purchased it online and am skeptical, I actually started taking it for 1 week, but then backed out because I dont want to go through an inital break out period and etc if its not the real deal. I may bite the bullet and try to find a derm to prescribe me, but I hate going to the doctor with zits all over my face, HATE. So usually when I find the strength to go, Im halfway clear, and then of course its a persuasion game to talk them into it.

My other question is about minocycline. I have been on minocycline. For about 4 months. And its weird but its actually like my oil on my face has become a benefit, at least while on minocycline, because I have been extremely clear while on it for the first 4 months, (lately I have had a couple breakouts) but the oil seems to be very antibacterial, and actually seems to protect my skin! Its very weird but I have noticed if I dont pat the oil off, the oil itself continues to keep my face clear of acne.

So what is everyones vote on Minocycline Vs Accutane considering these few things:

1.) Minocycline has been very effective at keeping my face clear, but lately there have been some flare ups.

2.) When my skin is very dry, is usually when Im on the verge of a breakout, not always, but at my current age of 28, my skin really hates being totally dried out, and when it is, I almost always end up with some acne - so how does that relate to accutane?

3.) I have had Zero side effects on minocycline.

Also let me know if any of you have heard of Eratin.

david