Notifications
Clear all

Image Extension Error When Quoting Comments

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 07/26/2014 11:50 am

Does anyone else sometimes have trouble responding to quoted posts? I keep getting this error message when I'm responding to someone's comments: You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

I realized it's because the person I'm quoting is using a smiley/ image in their post, and once I remove that image from the quoted post, then I'm allowed to post. Is this a glitch, and do others have this issue?

MemberMember
(@elkhoundgold)

Posted : 07/26/2014 2:46 pm

Does anyone else sometimes have trouble responding to quoted posts? I keep getting this error message when I'm responding to someone's comments: You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

I realized it's because the person I'm quoting is using a smiley/ image in their post, and once I remove that image from the quoted post, then I'm allowed to post. Is this a glitch, and do others have this issue?

Same it's causing me big issues. : (

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 07/26/2014 3:32 pm

Same it's causing me big issues. : (

If you remove the smiley faces/ images from the post, you should be able to post your own reply. It's just a bit weird it does that every time.

MemberMember
(@brenmc)

Posted : 07/30/2014 10:25 pm

Yes! It's happening to me lots.

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 08/01/2014 11:42 am

I've alerted a programmer about this. Thanks.

MemberMember
(@ahmadkamal)

Posted : 08/03/2014 10:38 pm

I can identify the error and It is fixed now

Please post here if it keeps happening

Thank you :)

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 07/21/2015 12:55 pm

Thanks Control Panel. I'll have my guys look at it. We're about to upgrade to a whole new version of the community and I'm pretty certain pictures will be much easier to upload but I'll have them take a look now as well.