Notifications
Clear all

Doctor Screwed Up My Course. Will Accutane Be Hard To Get The Second Time Around?

MemberMember
(@kaitansley)

Posted : 07/25/2014 9:14 am

Last month I went to the dermatologist and he decided to only let me do 4 months of Accutane treatment, so he took me off (still completely shocked he did that). I still had a little bit of pimples and a whole bunch of red marks. Completely unprofessional if you ask me! HE'S BEEN PRESCRIBING ACCUTANE FOR MORE THAN 30 YEARS...!! Now almost a month later, my acne is coming back. I have one last dermatologist appointment in 2 days and I am positive I will have to go back on it. I was wondering since technically I would guess I am still in the system, will I have to wait another month like I had to do to get it the first time? (such as blood tests) I really hope not because I am so upset over the fact he took me off too early, and if I had to wait EVEN longer than I have been, I will explode. So terrible to think that I would almost be done with 5 months if he didn't take me off like he did, such wasted time.....

MemberMember
(@ujboy15)

Posted : 07/25/2014 12:29 pm

Usually most people are clear for good after 'Tane! But 4 month is quite less.. I think you should go back on it, speak to your doctor.

MemberMember
(@harry1993)

Posted : 07/25/2014 1:03 pm

What dosage was you on?

MemberMember
(@kaitansley)

Posted : 07/25/2014 10:23 pm

I was on 60 mg. 30 mg twice a day!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/26/2014 9:29 am

4 months is a shorter course than usual. Speak to your derm.

MemberMember
(@kim28)

Posted : 07/26/2014 6:06 pm

Generally you are advised to stay on Accutane for at least 2-3 months after you are completely clear to decrease the chance of relapse. It does seem odd he would have taken you off so soon without total clearance, unless there was something wrong with your bloodwork.

Best of luck.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/01/2014 10:45 am

U should find a new one.