Notifications
Clear all

One Side Of Face With Spots (Finacea)

MemberMember
(@lewis0121)

Posted : 07/25/2014 5:12 am

I have been using finacea for 3-4 months and long story short it has broken out one side of my face from the very start (which I assumed was just purging) whilst my other side is now clear. very frustrating.

I am not sure weather to keep using finacea on the side which is reacting badly or cut my loses now and start using BP on the side which has spots and continue using finacea on the side which reacts well... along with sasylic acid on my chin -.- my face will be a chemical warzone for sure.

is it worth giving the finacea more time in the hope things will improve or is 3-4 months long enough?

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 07/25/2014 5:32 am

Seems strange that a product would cause a reaction or wouldn't work on just one side of the face. Is there anything else that you do that might effect only one side of your face? Do you sleep on that side maybe? Changing sheets / pillowcases may be something to try if that's the case.

Because it's worked for one side of your face, I'd probably stick with it for a little while longer to see if things improve anymore. If not, then I'd change products. (Maybe try it with SA first if it's what works for your chin?)

Hopefully you find what works for you soon :)

MemberMember
(@lewis0121)

Posted : 07/25/2014 6:13 am

thanks for your reply, like I said from the very first week of application one side has been doing great and one side...not so great. it really is frustrating and I don't understand it myself, I change my pillow case every 2 days so I really don't think that's a factor.

~side note; even when I apply it I can really feel a difference in the texture of my skin from one side to the other with the irritated side being dry and flaky and the other being moist and smooth... :S

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/25/2014 6:35 am

3-4 months is definitely enough time to evaluate if a regimen is working. If at this point you are still purging and NOT seeing consistent improvement move on.