How Long Until You ...

Notifications
Clear all

How Long Until You Saw Improvements?

MemberMember
(@elioott34)

Posted : 07/24/2014 12:39 pm

I've been using the acne regimen for about a month and a week now. Last week my face was looking amazing, I barely put any make up on. Now my face looks horrible, its all red and I have a ton of new pimples on my face. I just wanna know if I'm still in some purging phase or if I'm doing something wrong. I just want my acne to start clearing up.

MemberMember
(@mms3192)

Posted : 07/25/2014 10:10 am

I'm in the middle of week 6 and I we t through the same thing as you. It's weird.

For the first 3 weeks to almost the whole month my skin was looking great. And I was getting hardly any pimples.

Week five was my worst! I broke out with 4 or 5 new pimples and the flaking was worse than ever! I was getting really frustrated because I don't know about you, but the pimples seem to be taking longer to go away and they are leaving behind really red marks.

I started incorporating AHA at the beginning of week five and it is now just starting to show improvements on flakes and my skin. But being half way through week 6, my skin is going back to the way it was before week 5 and getting much better so stick with it!

It seems that generally it takes 8 to 12 weeks for complete clearness from most people's opinions on here. I've read that for some people it took up to 24 weeks. So I wouldn't give up, cause even though I felt like it, I could be giving up on the chance to have clear skin.

MemberMember
(@tpower)

Posted : 07/25/2014 11:23 am

During my fist month things didn't seem very bright either. I think my first moisturizer was partially to blame (I don't use Dan's products as there are not accessible to me) because it contained salicylic acid and it took me some time to realise that it was reacting with the benzoyl peroxide. Also I switched between many razors before learning how to shave as less irritating as possible (the Sensor Excel just wasn't cutting it, quite literally).

Now I'm in the sixth week. I already applied AHA twice and I can honestly say that this is the first time I've been getting some really noticeable results. Have you already introduced AHA to your Regimen? This might be the time to do so.

MemberMember
(@courtz)

Posted : 07/28/2014 1:07 pm

After 4 months, spots had stopped appearing and I was clear. Hang on in there, my skin got quite bad a few times in the first month or so, but things do get better!

MemberMember
(@elioott34)

Posted : 07/30/2014 9:37 pm

Thank you guys! i just needed to know there were others out there going through the same thing I am and have seen results. Also, i haven't introduced AHA yet so i will probably do that then and see if i get some improvements then.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 07/31/2014 1:21 am

Yup, just when you think things are getting better you take a step backwards. But this will probably be your worst breakout and once this heals you should start noticing that you are getting less and less new acne appear each week.

Good luck! :)

MemberMember
(@dalton1720)

Posted : 08/01/2014 3:09 am

Im on my 6th week of the regiment and things have gradually been getting better. At first my skin was very sensitive and red due to using to much BP, but its starting to ajust rather well now, just a few dry areas that are easily wipe-away-able. I did however break out during my 5th week due to skipping the BP in the morning just one time, which took about 4 days to start clearing up with a strict regiment and lots of BP. I have high hopes for the future and you should too! It seems as though everyone goes through snags so just hang in there. xoxo<3

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 08/01/2014 8:23 am

I was about to give up in my 3rd month but by my 4th month, i started noticing consistent clearing. Keep on keeping on

MemberMember
(@elioott34)

Posted : 08/06/2014 8:30 pm

slowly my face is now starting to look better so i hope that was the last really bad breakout that i will have