Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blondegirl21

Well, SO much for having a fun Halloween...

around whether my face looks good enough to do things or not. I had a fun Halloween planned, and my face broke out terribly in cysts...so much that even with a ton of foundation, it still looks very bad so i had to lie to my friends about why I couldnt go anymore, and now besides feeling bad about lieing, I get to be stuck home doing nothing and just looking at my cute costume and what I could have been doing if it wernt for my f*&king skin.

Does anyone else have to do this? I swear, life is already soooo sad for me cause of how I can hardly ever do fun things and feel like I look good, but then on top of that, everyone is always mad at me and acts like Im ridicolous for acting how I act. Yea, I could still go out and do what I had planned, but obviously it would be ruined when I *know* my face looks terrible, and I know that everyone will be thinking it too. SO, even if I did go, it wouldnt be the same, it would suck. well, thanks for listening. smile.gif

I think this happens to us all from time to time. Don't beat yourself up about it, just make sure to do something productive and take your mind off it if you're not going out.

I know I used to make stupid excuses when my skin was at its worst, & it does really make you kind of silly sometimes. But it will pass.

Make sure you save the costume for next year though!

I think this happens to us all from time to time.  Don't beat yourself up about it, just make sure to do something productive and take your mind off it if you're not going out. 

I know I used to make stupid excuses when my skin was at its worst, & it does really make you kind of silly sometimes.  But it will pass.

Make sure you save the costume for next year though!

see though, the ones that tell me Im being dumb, have great skin, they know mine looks bad, but its not like theyre going to say "yea, you need to hide and stay home" so they get mad that Im not less self-concious, but when youre the one that takes like 2 hours to try and make yourself look normal, and still look bad, it just makes you wanna give up and its hard for anyone to understand unless they go threw it.

around whether my face looks good enough to do things or not. I had a fun Halloween planned, and my face broke out terribly in cysts...so much that even with a ton of foundation, it still looks very bad so i had to lie to my friends about why I couldnt go anymore, and now besides feeling bad about lieing, I get to be stuck home doing nothing and just looking at my cute costume and what I could have been doing if it wernt for my f*&king skin.

Does anyone else have to do this? I swear, life is already soooo sad for me cause of how I can hardly ever do fun things and feel like I look good, but then on top of that, everyone is always mad at me and acts like Im ridicolous for acting how I act. Yea, I could still go out and do what I had planned, but obviously it would be ruined when I *know* my face looks terrible, and I know that everyone will be thinking it too. SO, even if I did go, it wouldnt be the same, it would suck. well, thanks for listening. smile.gif

yea me 2 alot of peeps i know were going to party and hang out at places but i dont want to go cuz of my shitty face

The thing that you have to remember, even though I know it's hard, is that your friends would rather see you and your acne then not see you at all. I have plenty of friends that have pretty bad acne, and I myself have pretty bad acne. But when you have such good friends you never really notice there acne unless they bring it up, no matter how bad it is, friendship changes the way you look at people. You could actually lose friends if you keep ditching them like this because your afraid of your acne. So the next time they want you to go and have fun...GO!!!

cool.gif

I don't know if this is a misery loves company thing but I felt so much better when I read your post.

The same thing happened to me. I had the best costume. My face broke out like crazy and there was no way I could go out.

Even if I had put make up on and no one could see my horrible face I still couldn't have pulled off the costume. It was the kind of thing where I would have had to felt confident to have fun. I wouldn't have been very cute if I was all self conscious and looking at the ground, avoiding eye contact or whatever. So I lied and stayed in. I feel so lame.

My brother said "I think you're being ridiculous. It's not that big of a deal."

Yeah, family can be so supportive sometimes confused.gif

It's true that sometimes we magnify our faults. And when you spend all kinds of time looking in the mirror it doesn't help.

My friend said to me, "well if you're uncomfortable than that's okay and you need to do whatever you need to do when you're feeling that we. We'll still love you!"

so people will forgive you. I know this sucks but I just keep reminding myself that things will get better.

The thing that you have to remember, even though I know it's hard, is that your friends would rather see you and your acne then not see you at all. I have plenty of friends that have pretty bad acne, and I myself have pretty bad acne. But when you have such good friends you never really notice there acne unless they bring it up, no matter how bad it is, friendship changes the way you look at people. You could actually lose friends if you keep ditching them like this because your afraid of your acne. So the next time they want you to go and have fun...GO!!!

cool.gif

I don't know if this is a misery loves company thing but I felt so much better when I read your post.

The same thing happened to me.  I had the best costume.  My face broke out like crazy and there was no way I could go out.

Even if I had put make up on and no one could see my horrible face I still couldn't have pulled off the costume.  It was the kind of thing where I would have had to felt confident to have fun.  I wouldn't have been very cute if I was all self conscious and looking at the ground, avoiding eye contact or whatever.  So I lied and stayed in.  I feel so lame.

My brother said "I think you're being ridiculous.  It's not that big of a deal."

Yeah, family can be so supportive sometimes confused.gif

It's true that sometimes we magnify our faults.  And when you spend all kinds of time looking in the mirror it doesn't help.

My friend said to me, "well if you're uncomfortable than that's okay and you need to do whatever you need to do when you're feeling that we.  We'll still love you!" 

so people will forgive you.  I know this sucks but I just keep reminding myself that things will get better.

OMG I'm the same way. When I go out I'm like the life of the party. I think I'm pretty good looking so when I get a horrible zit or two or three or more (like now!) I get so down about it.

My mom thinks I'm a perfectionist and maybe I am.

But anyway, when I feel self-conscious I don't act like myself and people give me a hard time about. I get the "what's wrong?", "why are you so down tonight?" or "is it boy toubles?" (god I hate that one). I'm usually so upbeat that it's like people can't handle it when I'm not "on".

And everyone I hang out with has completely grown out of this acne thing so they just don't understand. I think I have grown out of it too but then a break out reminds me that there's something wrong here!!!

So I say lie if have to lie. Don't think of it as lying though. Think of it more as "self preservation". That's what my mom says. She's cool I can talk to her about it.

I totally know what you mean about being hesitant to make plans. Sometimes I tell people that I have a busy weekend coming up but if I can squeeze them in I'll do it. And sometimes I say that I may be going out of town to visit a friend. Then if I'm having a clear night I can say that my plans to go out of town fell through and things are good.

Oh the things we go through to avoid our own inner torture. I'd rather be home alone with a glob of BP on my face than out at a club with caked make up over a zit that everyone can see anyway. (and that everyone knows I'm trying to cover up with make up.)

i can relate to,i thought my skin was getting better and thursday was my birthday went out and had good night till i saw old (so called mate) of mine,and she in front of everyone was like'oh kel your skin looks abit spotty!' i could of died and i only had a few spots,i just said she should spot being so direct then she was lost for words when my boyf called her a bitch!!!!!! and said she was jelous as spots or no spots i was still better looking than her.he ehe

im in the same boat darling, i stayed in haloween night because of a bullshit med my derm prescribed me (retin a) that chapped my face out the wazoo.... i threw on some of my mom's makeup and i still looked rediculous.... i just if i go out looking like that i won't even be able to enjoy myself... so just wait for a night where you are confident and let loose :-D

I almost ended up having to blow off going to my friends halloween party which I had been planning on going to for a month.. because I had a massive cyst right between my eyes (I dont normally get cysts either) and it was terrible looking. Luckely it went down alot right the day of the party so with a little makeup I look good as new. I was so relieved.. I wouldve been pissed out of my mind if I couldnt have gone..

Kinda thing does happen to me all the time though.. I have to blow off good fun plans to stay in and hide my acne from the world.. its very irritating.

OMG I'm the same way.  When I go out I'm like the life of the party.  I think I'm pretty good looking so when I get a horrible zit or two or three or more (like now!) I get so down about it.

My mom thinks I'm a perfectionist and maybe I am.

But anyway, when I feel self-conscious I don't act like myself and people give me a hard time about.  I get the "what's wrong?", "why are you so down tonight?" or "is it boy toubles?" (god I hate that one).  I'm usually so upbeat that it's like people can't handle it when I'm not "on".

And everyone I hang out with has completely grown out of this acne thing so they just don't understand.  I think I have grown out of it too but then a break out reminds me that there's something wrong here!!!

So I say lie if have to lie.  Don't think of it as lying though.  Think of it more as "self preservation".  That's what my  mom says.  She's cool I can talk to her about it. 

I totally know what you mean about being hesitant to make plans.  Sometimes I tell people that I have a busy weekend coming up but if I can squeeze them in I'll do it.  And sometimes I say that I may be going out of town to visit a friend.  Then if I'm having a clear night I can say that my plans to go out of town fell through and things are good.

Oh the things we go through to avoid our own inner torture.  I'd rather be home alone with a glob of BP on my face than out at a club with caked make up over a zit that everyone can see anyway.  (and that everyone knows I'm trying to cover up with make up.)

i can relate to,i  thought my skin was getting better and thursday was my birthday went out and had good night till i saw old (so called mate) of mine,and she in front of everyone was like'oh kel your skin looks abit spotty!' i could of died and  i only had a few spots,i just said she should spot being so direct then she was lost for words when my boyf called her a bitch!!!!!! and said she was jelous as spots or no spots i was still better looking than her.he ehe

im in the same boat darling, i stayed in haloween night because of a bullshit med my derm prescribed me (retin a) that chapped my face out the wazoo.... i threw on some of my mom's makeup and i still looked rediculous.... i just if i go out looking like that i won't even be able to enjoy myself... so just wait for a night where you are confident and let loose :-D

I almost ended up having to blow off going to my friends halloween party which I had been planning on going to for a month.. because I had a massive cyst right between my eyes (I dont normally get cysts either) and it was terrible looking. Luckely it went down alot right the day of the party so with a little makeup I look good as new. I was so relieved.. I wouldve been pissed out of my mind if I couldnt have gone..

Kinda thing does happen to me all the time though.. I have to blow off good fun plans to stay in and hide my acne from the world.. its very irritating.

needless to say that i feel the same way as all u guys . . .

but, is not just about last night... it lasts for quite some time...and  i also think  (know)  i pushed a lot of friends away telling them all those lyes and avoiding to go out . . . i spent the whole time waiting for that day whan my skin will calm down , just for one  day, so i can do all the stuff normal kids do........ have some freacking fuuuuuuunn!!!!!!!

and i am so pissed when i think, God, it is the 21st century, how da fuck  nobody came up with a cure for this ridiculous disease!!!!! eusa_wall.gif

Well.. I just had to blow off my dad. We'd been planning for about a month to take a vacation to Vermont but I just broke out really really bad.. so I told him I was sick. Going out on vacation and meeting new people and stuff is the last thing I wanna do when my skin looks like this. That's okay though.. my dad's annoying anyway.