Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sean10

So What's Left?

I'm 28 years old and feel so hopeless - I have had sevre cystic acne since I was a 14 year old kid. I finished my fith course of accutane about a month ago, and like all the other times, it was a miracle drug, cleared my skin completely; then I came off it. This time, I was completely clear after just over 6 weeks, and when I came off it at 6 months, I hadn't had a single spot in almost 4 months. Now, just 1 month afte finishing, it's back with a vengeance.

About 3 months ago, I took a new job and moved to a new city and have been loving my new life with my clear skin. I have been doing great and work and made a lot of new friends; but now? Now I absolutely dread going to work and getting on public transport and having to stand close to other commuters. I don't want to see any of the new friends I've made because they've known me with clear skin and I think my outbreaks will be far more noticeable to them.

I have tried the regimen in the past, with very limited success. I've tried about every topical cream, steroid and antibiotic and imagineable and I just don't see any light at the end of this long, painful tunnel. What's left to do? Go on accutane again, for a SIXTH time? Maybe this time it'll clear up for a few days before coming back....

I know exactly how you feel. Every time I get clear, it's always temporary. Have you tried any supplements, though? I got my skin almost entirely clear taking a vitamin B complex, vitamin D3, beta carotene, zinc, and vitamin C. I stopped taking vitamin C based on some reports I read, but stopping it didn't affect my skin. You can also use a homemade vitamin C serum. I recently added DIM, which you probably wouldn't need if you're male. You may also want to try niacinamide. I read some amazing reviews, so I'm going to give it a try.

I feel you, Im on my 3 rd course myself. How long and how many mg were you on each time? Also are you a male or female?

I know exactly how you feel. Every time I get clear, it's always temporary. Have you tried any supplements, though? I got my skin almost entirely clear taking a vitamin B complex, vitamin D3, beta carotene, zinc, and vitamin C. I stopped taking vitamin C based on some reports I read, but stopping it didn't affect my skin. You can also use a homemade vitamin C serum. I recently added DIM, which you probably wouldn't need if you're male. You may also want to try niacinamide. I read some amazing reviews, so I'm going to give it a try.

I haven't tried any supplements as I was told to avoid Zinc and Vit D while on roaccutane. I will look into it though, I've got nothing else to lose.

I feel you, Im on my 3 rd course myself. How long and how many mg were you on each time? Also are you a male or female?

80mg for 6 months each time. Completley clear every time, then it comes back extremley quickly

I haven't tried any supplements as I was told to avoid Zinc and Vit D while on roaccutane. I will look into it though, I've got nothing else to lose.

>I feel you, Im on my 3 rd course myself. How long and how many mg were you on each time? Also are you a male or female?

80mg for 6 months each time. Completley clear every time, then it comes back extremley quickly

I think what Im going to do is is either try to maintain it with a topical after or maybe a low course of accutane for a long time.. I dont know what else there is to try..