Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have read some good things about using your own urine on your face to help clear your acne. I think that it sounds completely disgusting and refuse to do it. Does anyone have any thoughts? Why would this help at all, it seems like you would only be adding to the problem.

I can't believe that anyone would do this but I keep reading about people who have tried and some say that it works.

I am also looking for the best OTC acne routine, what is everyone's favorite? Proactiv or somthing like it. I have been using Proactiv but it makes my skin really dry, is there anything better? :?

use the search key at the top of the page. there was a lengthy discussion about this a little while ago. yes uric acid is supposed to have some antibacterial, exfoliating properties but....really. do you want to go through all this?

p.s. dan's regimen is something you should try. just go to the home page of this site.

This is another stupid myth out there . :roll:

The bodies eliminate all the toxins and unwanted stuff with the help of urine :lol: . It is not recommended to do that .

Urine is an excellent moisturiser and has been used for thousands of years. I dont think that it is great to treat acne but some people claim that it works for them.

Urine is an excellent moisturiser and has been used for thousands of years. I dont think that it is great to treat acne but some people claim that it works for them.

:roll: :roll: :lol::):) OMG :)

Guest fatman_uk

Lots of people in Eastern countries do, accordin to a lot of the health reports on benefits of Urea/Urine, etc. Excess vitamins and minerals are released by means of pissin, B5 as an example, water soluble, any extra taken by ppl on here onB5 is PISSED out. There's a LOT of beneficial stuff in there. But i'll stick to water, thanks.

I'm not sayin you should try it, but u guys should at least look into it so you know what the FUCK you are jabberin about. :lol:

-Gaz

I tried it. I would pee into a cup and with a cotton ball, rub the urine on my face. It was kinda weird but you get used to it, and if you ever took biology, you would know there are reasons why the treatment is one to give it a try. Even if it doesn't work, it can't hurt, right :wink:... Btw, why are people being such sarcastic jerks about this? It is a free country and people have the right to pee on their face if they want to.

Even if it doesn't work, it can't hurt, right  :wink:... Btw, why are people being such sarcastic jerks about this? It is a free country and people have the right to pee on their face if they want to.

U can put crap on your face , I could not care less but I would definitely not touch you . :lol: :oops:

IMO , there are better things out there , we are in the year 2003 :roll: , hellloooowwww , I cured my acne with 50$ in 3 months , I have perfect clean skin and I didn’t put that type of stuff on .

So please , urine , just think about it , I have never seen somebody curing acne or anything else with urine :roll: ,have u ???? I had a class mate in school that used to use it , her face looked like crap and the thought of urine on face turn us all off . :?

Guest fatman_uk

A few of Eucerins has Urea in em, which is outta animal piss, so would u rather have Moose piss on ur face? LOL :lol:

-Gaz

urea. Component of urine, though synthetic versions are used in cosmetics. In small amounts urea has good water-binding and exfoliating properties for skin; in larger concentrations it can cause inflammation (Source: Skin Pharmacology and Applied Skin Physiology, January-February 2002, pages 44–54).

:lol: 8)

You have obviously done absloutely no research on Urine Therapy and that is why you know nothing about it.

Your narrow minded views are so typical of people in the western world today. Like i said before this therapy has been used for THOUSANDS of years, long before there were any clinique products and it is still used today.

If you dont want to use it you dont have to but please dont say that it is disgusting when you have no idea what you are talking about.

I'm not saying that it can cure acne (although some people claim it has cured them) but it has many other PROVEN good uses. You will find animal urine (urea) in hundreds of different cosmetics and you may well have used them at some time in your life.

By the way I dont used urine therapy because i dont think i have to, but i would never criticise anyone that does.

maybe you should try and be a bit more open minded

sj , actually yes I have , in my country it is popular . :wink:

The problem is that when they are doing this “therapy� they are on a special diet for a month before and during the therapy :wink: . This diet helps eliminate the bad stuff from the body before they start using the urine . :!: (I bet u did not know that , did u ??? )

It is even used for the anti-inflammatory proprieties on broken limbs , twisted muscles , they put bandages with urine 2 times a day and it helps to subside the swallowed arm or leg …. flu , colds , a lot of skin problems like eczema , psoriases and many other stuff .

So please do not tell me that I do not know what I am talking about because I do , I did grow up between people that practice this type of "therapy" and you people that here / read about it on the net think that by urinating in a cup and using his on face is ok . Well it is more complicated then this . Go to a doctor and ask , it is actually dangerous to use urine just like that , u have to know what u are doing and your urine has to be “clean�

And I am not criticising , I could not care less what are people using , I just told u that it is not that simple and u have to know what the hell are u doing , and I have a life , a very good one . :wink:

Plus , my cosmetics do not contain urea , I do not trust a company that uses urea , I have no idea how they treat the urine to subtract the urea .

And there is nothing that anybody could ever tell me that would make me use just urine on my face or to drink it . :lol: 8)

End of story !! you get a life . :) I have one .

The problem is that when they are doing this “therapyâ€? they are on a special diet for a month before and during the therapy  :wink: . This diet helps eliminate the bad stuff from the body before they start using the urine .  :!: (I bet u did not know that , did u ???  )  

I have a couple of books on the subject so i already know that you shouldnt practice UT if your diet is crap.

So whats this 'special diet' for UT? Apart from just avoiding garbage food and drugs. Shouldnt we all do this anyway?

You've listed some good used for Urine but you said you wouldnt touch anyone with piss on thier face!

What if someone in your own family used UT, would you run away from them shouting EEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

well?