Notifications
Clear all

Skin Not Clearing?

MemberMember
(@cpaladino92gmail-com)

Posted : 07/22/2014 12:21 pm

Hello, ive been on the Regimen about 2-3 weeks now. I use the Regimen only once a day, this may be why im not clearing up. It's also my 2nd time doing the Regimen, if that changes anything. Should i start doing it twice a day? I want my skin to be clear by August 18, when my school starts again. Thanks for your help:)

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/22/2014 1:51 pm

It took me almost 4 months to be consistenty clear on the regimen and I had to use it twice a day, 1 1/2 pumps each time. Putting a time line on when clear skin will come may end in disappointment.

MemberMember
(@cpaladino92gmail-com)

Posted : 07/22/2014 3:52 pm

It took me almost 4 months to be consistenty clear on the regimen and I had to use it twice a day, 1 1/2 pumps each time. Putting a time line on when clear skin will come may end in disappointment.

Yeah, that is true. Last time i did the Regimen it took me about a month to clear, so i guess thats why im upset about my skin not clear yet. I guess each time is different.

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 07/23/2014 1:52 am

your pic in avatar, is that with makeup? u look fine nd natural if it is. what do u use?

MemberMember
(@cpaladino92gmail-com)

Posted : 07/30/2014 1:51 pm

your pic in avatar, is that with makeup? u look fine nd natural if it is. what do u use?

in my picture im wearing TheBalm Bronzer and Fit Me powder on my spots:)

MemberMember
(@bspencer10)

Posted : 07/30/2014 5:52 pm

Hey, I just restarted the Regimen myself, so I know how much of a pain it can be! My face is awful right now, but keep with it! Here's something I read recently that made me feel a bit better. It's from one of the topics pinned on this board about the right state of mind for starting the regimen.

It is more important to get your skin used to the benzoyl peroxide for the first month or so than to actually achieve clear skin. It is better to go slowly and take more time to work your way up to a full-finger application than to use too much gel too soon and backpedal because of irritation and dryness. Even if you've used benzoyl peroxide before in other systems, you probably were not using nearly as much BP as you will be on the regimen. I had used both the Proactiv face wash and lotion twice a day for six months and plenty of 10% BP creams in the past, and still, my skin took time to adjust to the small amount of BP I started with. Follow Dan's recommendations for BP dosage--or use even less if you feel that your skin is overly irritated. You might not clear up as quickly as you want, but you can avoid many of the problems that new regimen users complain about by going easy with the BP.

Keep your head up! :)

MemberMember
(@cpaladino92gmail-com)

Posted : 07/30/2014 9:07 pm

Hey, I just restarted the Regimen myself, so I know how much of a pain it can be! My face is awful right now, but keep with it! Here's something I read recently that made me feel a bit better. It's from one of the topics pinned on this board about the right state of mind for starting the regimen.

It is more important to get your skin used to the benzoyl peroxide for the first month or so than to actually achieve clear skin. It is better to go slowly and take more time to work your way up to a full-finger application than to use too much gel too soon and backpedal because of irritation and dryness. Even if you've used benzoyl peroxide before in other systems, you probably were not using nearly as much BP as you will be on the regimen. I had used both the Proactiv face wash and lotion twice a day for six months and plenty of 10% BP creams in the past, and still, my skin took time to adjust to the small amount of BP I started with. Follow Dan's recommendations for BP dosage--or use even less if you feel that your skin is overly irritated. You might not clear up as quickly as you want, but you can avoid many of the problems that new regimen users complain about by going easy with the BP.

Keep your head up!

Thank you for that, it made me feel a lot better! Since I'd posted this, my skin has cleared up a lot! Currently only have one pimple and the rest are just bumps:)

MemberMember
(@willieandres03)

Posted : 07/31/2014 1:51 am

Patience is the key when it comes to clearing acne. I know its not an easy wait when it comes to noticing a dramatic change BUT that time will come. Stick to twice a day and be consistent