Notifications
Clear all

Bad Texture (Dull, Unfresh), Scarred Pores, Scars On Upper Lip Area After Dermarolling

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 07/22/2014 1:13 am

can dermarolling fix those?

combined with copper peptides?

my skins just wasted and devastades from all those yrs of acne and picking, i just absolutely hate it, its so spotty and unfresh

i have scarred fuking shit shit shit pores!! omfg >< they say they never go away and that just makes me desperate as hell. they are everywhere on nose too

very very bad problem, i recently got scars on upper lip area (hard to treat area right?)

HOW OFTEN TO DERMAROLL FOR THOSE?

YOUR EXPERIENCE?

ANY HOPE AT ALL? x'C

CAN I EVER GET FRESH LOOKING SKIN AGAIN?

BEFORE AFTERS PLS?

this is my last hope

anyway once ill start doing this, will post pics in this thread too..

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 07/22/2014 8:57 am

this site is so fast im pretty sure it wont take even a year to receive a response

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 07/22/2014 9:34 am

some people say it works but im not into it

also it will take a long time apparently

MemberMember
(@psychokitty)

Posted : 07/22/2014 10:05 am

It does take a long time. You have to be really patient. Less is more with dermarolling. If you do it too frequently you'll make it worse. If you got a 1.5 I'd do it no more than every 5-6 weeks. I've used a .5 with vitamin c for the last 2 months now I'm trying the 1.5. Not a whole lot happening with it for me but it takes time for collagen to repair. I haven't looked into copper peptides though. Maybe I should.

u1971 liked
MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 07/22/2014 10:42 am

idk what is this patience u speak abt ppl ive had diff shit on my skin for ~10 yrs, i dont think there was a day i had patience with this. its just that i rly cant waste any more time on this. so i just cant believe what ur saying!
why u have to wait so long? collagen/elastin is rly microscopic right? wont needling it sooner just kind of move it to sides, distrupt its current place but not necessarily damage/stop it? (totally guessing tho)
like whats the difference if u roll after a week or month?
i have 2.5 mm but not like its going all 2.5 mm deep, it rly feels like its just slightly scratching the surface. should i press harder so it actually pierces into skin??
anything more effective than dermaroll for problems i listed?
something thats fast and EFECTIVE
MemberMember
(@psychokitty)

Posted : 07/22/2014 11:23 am

I don't know WHY exactly the collagen takes so long to repair but I've just read that it does. There is also a ton of things online about it that contradict eachother. I've read to never do anything more than a 1.5 on your face so if I were you I wouldn't push all the way. With a 2.5 you are suppose to wait more like 2 months inbetween each rolling. And I don't it should feel like it is scratching the surface. You might have a slighty defective one? I think with just scarred shit shit shit pores you only would need a 1.0 or so. I think if you do it just right dermarolling is going to be the best thing for your pores but not if you don't have patience so you'd better look into the patience thing.

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 07/22/2014 2:42 pm

yea totally, sometimes seems like theres no real info at all..
well anyhow dermarolling site says it takes 15 yrs for collagen to turnover! wtv tht supposed to mean but looks like all of this is preparing to be long ride? O.o

So dermarolling triggers healing processes and the body tends to heal the area in a way at least partially as normal skin should look like. Indented scars fill in and raised scars flatten. It does not work in all cases, but in most people it does work.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 07/22/2014 3:42 pm

skin takes time to heal period , reason why ? because we cant regenerate fast enough were not super humans

MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 07/22/2014 8:39 pm

Your skin takes roughly 4-6 weeks to heal and generate new collagen with 1mm and up. Needling more often disrupts the formation of this collagen by causing inflammation under the skin and impairing the healing process, either counteracting the effects of the previous needling done and/or even making your skin worse.

I would not use a dermaroller, I think it can cause more damage due to the trenches it causes under the surface of the skin.The dermastamp is a much better alternative, with less pain and generally less healing time as well. Some people claim to get results from the dermaroller, but much more often I hear of success with derma stamping.

Unfortnately, I've read that scarred pores don't respond very well to needling or even laser resurfacing. I am sure there's ways to improve it, but it won't look the way it did before. On a positive not, I have scarred pores and I can almost completely eliminate them by using a silicone based foundation primer. I don't even have to use foundation over it to "blur" the pores so that they are not noticeable. Also using a moisturizer that helps to plump and soften the texture of your skin helps tremendously. I use CeraVe's moisturizing lotion and it truly makes a difference in the appearance of my scarring.

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 07/23/2014 1:12 am

4-6 weeks, months etc?? ok so is there any effects after 1 dermarolling at all? tbh this starting to seem rly useless...
well i have no options, i ordered stamp actually but they fuking decided to sent me roller for some reason nd i have no money anymore to buy anything else right now...
whats the difference apart from tht u can just select places better with stamp?
yea well idc ill dermaroll the shit out of tht crap and it will have to go away.
y would pores even be on nose??? theres like just skin nd bone, no fat whatsoever, y would it be oily nd trying to clog? like why the fuk acne bacteria even go there? theres plenty more places with more fat and blood circulation than there (like legs, ass, belly). y the fuk on face nd esp on nose???
i just hate to use tonal nd foundation etc cos i look like a clown with it, idk how ppl can get tht natural look with it at all?? i even bought more expensive one with better tone but still.. i also feel fake nd cant stand it. simply if ppl who saw u with makeup first will see u without it afterwards it will just...well just..suck soo baad
no i want perfect skin naturally, at very least normal healthy skin. thts such a basic fuking shit actually, y would we have to fight so hard for it, damn..
and no i dont get it y it wont heal sooner, i just dont fuking get it at all! somekinda red little spot, little indent/hole y it just doesnt regenerate nd repair nd etc. not asking for no superhuman powers
some pal was whining abt broken/smashed hand (palm) ~month ago but i was just MEHHH~ try getting a pimple on your face now thts a real shit!!
MemberMember
(@nicky30)

Posted : 07/23/2014 6:08 pm

You are so funny, just say it as it is and I totally agree lol. My skin sounds the same as yours and I don't get it either. One girl apparently cured her skin by using pure honey and emu oil, I tried it but didn't get the results I needed although it made my skin soft. Iv been thinking about dermarolling again but still a strong thought at min lol I'm worried I'm gonna make my skin worse. I admit though I do smoke and my diet is shit so prob doesn't help. My skin is ageing rapidly :(

MemberMember
(@aurevoir771)

Posted : 07/23/2014 9:45 pm

I've always thought the same. Why do I have to fight for this stuff when most people take clear or normal skin as "given"? It absolutely sucks because doing nothing does not make it go away and it takes tremendous effort/time to see little improvement if at all. One wrong treatment can cause havoc in the face, so we are risking big time for small benefits.

-6 weeks, months etc?? ok so is there any effects after 1 dermarolling at all? tbh this starting to seem rly useless...
MemberMember
(@psychokitty)

Posted : 07/24/2014 9:43 am

I just wish beauty wasn't valued so much. Then we wouldn't be having this problem. I think beauty is valued way too much on this planet. The sickest cruelest person would still be admired for being beautiful while the sweetest most caring person who is pysically flawed or unattractive would not even be noticed. It's stupid. I just want to fix my stupid skin so I can go unnoticed. I donno. It seems like a shame to be wasting youth worrying about it so much when we all end up wrinkly and old anyway but that's life I guess. I'll just continue to dermaroll the shit out of my face in hopes of happiness.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 07/24/2014 10:01 am

I just wish beauty wasn't valued so much. Then we wouldn't be having this problem. I think beauty is valued way too much on this planet. The sickest cruelest person would still be admired for being beautiful while the sweetest most caring person who is pysically flawed or unatractive would not even be noticed. It's stupid. I just want to fix my stupid skin so I can go unnoticed. I donno. It seems like a shame to be wasting youth worrying about it so much when we all end up wrinkly and old anyway but that's life I guess. I'll just continue to dermaroll the shit out of my face in hopes of happiness.

beauty is valued sure , but if you dont care then it shouldnt be a problem

you dont need beauty to be noticed , Talent is the key

MemberMember
(@psychokitty)

Posted : 07/24/2014 10:22 am

I just wish beauty wasn't valued so much. Then we wouldn't be having this problem. I think beauty is valued way too much on this planet. The sickest cruelest person would still be admired for being beautiful while the sweetest most caring person who is pysically flawed or unatractive would not even be noticed. It's stupid. I just want to fix my stupid skin so I can go unnoticed. I donno. It seems like a shame to be wasting youth worrying about it so much when we all end up wrinkly and old anyway but that's life I guess. I'll just continue to dermaroll the shit out of my face in hopes of happiness.

beauty is valued sure , but if you dont care then it shouldnt be a problem

you dont need beauty to be noticed , Talent is the key

I do care to a point. I don't know why I care either way I don't want to be looked at for being pretty or ugly. That's the thing. I just don't really want to be looked at or noticed at all. And you're right. I think it's all about talent... And brains. And humor.

I realize how dumb my post was and can't figure out how to delete it. It's going to be one of those days.

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 07/28/2014 10:57 am

can u actually roll/stamp redmarks?

wouldnt that make them even worse/redder actually?

what does redmark consist of exactly?
what does it need to regain previous color actually?
anyone?