Notifications
Clear all

Anybody Have Luck Fixing Nose Scars?

MemberMember
(@psychokitty)

Posted : 07/22/2014 12:09 am

I have a few icepick scars on my nose. I've had them over 10 years and they have always bothered me a bit and would cover them with powder and thought that was the best I could do so I didn't stress it too much. I figured someday I could do a laser but anyway. The last year and a half I have made it soo much worse. I have really messed up my pores so they are all enlarged. I discovered primers which look amazing but I think that is part of what has created this problem with large pores. Now I have all this anxiety and I build it up in my head really bad. I don't want to be around people. I feel really silly too, worrying about my looks so much. I hate it. I feel depressed and different than everyone. I like this site a lot because now I don't feel so alone about it but it's made me really paranoild. It's crushed my hopes of it being as simple as lasers. It just seems like with every treatment there are all these people saying it's made their problem so much worse. Right now I am using a dermaroller. I've used a .5 once a week about 6 times now I just tried 1.5 and will try that every six weeks. Out of everything there is dermabrasion with recell sounds the best to me but I don't know. I don't want to make it worse... It's funny because I don't look at other people's skin problems and think anything of them. I don't think they are ugly, they are just characteristics. But me, I just feel so ugly. I hate hiding behind an inch of primer that is making my problem worse. I really don't know what to do anymore.

MemberMember
(@psychokitty)

Posted : 07/22/2014 10:38 am

Has anybody had any success fixing nose scars or are they hopeless? Or does anybody have any ideas?

MemberMember
(@danielle44)

Posted : 07/22/2014 3:48 pm

I had one treatment of subcision with filler (juvederm) and it did not work. If anything made it worse. The derm did not recommend any other options.

MemberMember
(@aurevoir771)

Posted : 07/22/2014 8:08 pm

Tried 45% TCA peel for indented scar on nose (boxcar/ice pick). Worsened the scar initially, then created massive pores. I do not recommend it.

MemberMember
(@psychokitty)

Posted : 07/22/2014 11:23 pm

Oh man. I'm sorry. I've considered those too. Before I joined this site I had no idea the nose was a lot trickier to fix than the rest of the face. Do dermatologists even warn you about that? Do you get your money back? If I made it any worse I don't know that I could deal with it.

MemberMember
(@bonsai77)

Posted : 07/23/2014 8:33 am

what i had:

Boxscars

ice picks

what i did:

I hid for a long time, not going out in certain lighting until i became depressed. I decided to look into treatments because that was no way to live. I researched, TCA cross looked like a no go, too many complaints. Creams dont do anything on scars...lasers had mixed reviews and as an international student studying i could not afford...I opted in the end for dermastamp and dermaroller...they have helped very much in getting rid of many indents and depressions.

I have also been using a facewash by SK:N that uses glycolic acid to reduce pores. The needling has helped me. Many have now vanished, which i thought was almost impossible.

Everyones skin is different and there are mixed reviews about everything, but needling did not make my scars deeper or redder like may other treatments, i go out all the time now and my scars are not visible.

Good luck

MemberMember
(@aurevoir771)

Posted : 07/23/2014 10:00 pm

what i had:

Boxscars

ice picks

what i did:

I hid for a long time, not going out in certain lighting until i became depressed. I decided to look into treatments because that was no way to live. I researched, TCA cross looked like a no go, too many complaints. Creams dont do anything on scars...lasers had mixed reviews and as an international student studying i could not afford...I opted in the end for dermastamp and dermaroller...they have helped very much in getting rid of many indents and depressions.

I have also been using a facewash by SK:N that uses glycolic acid to reduce pores. The needling has helped me. Many have now vanished, which i thought was almost impossible.

Everyones skin is different and there are mixed reviews about everything, but needling did not make my scars deeper or redder like may other treatments, i go out all the time now and my scars are not visible.

Good luck

What length of needle did you use? I used 2.0 mm dermastamp once on my nose, which resulted in deep pitted scar.

MemberMember
(@bonsai77)

Posted : 07/24/2014 3:07 am

it was 1.5mm

everyones skin is different, i have never had anyhing but good from the dermaroller/stamp, but if you have already tried and are not happy then id say just leave it :/ the nose can be difficult to treat and i dont want them to get worse, sorry.