Growing A Beard On ...

Notifications
Clear all

Growing A Beard On The Regimen

MemberMember
(@essex11)

Posted : 07/21/2014 5:04 pm

Anyone done this?

Tempted to try and grow one but even my two day stubble makes it difficult to apply the regimen. Maybe I would just apply it to the areas that weren't covered by facial hair?

Any advice would be great.

MemberMember
(@tpower)

Posted : 07/23/2014 4:20 am

I considered this at one point because my facial hair is dark and grows fast. I just couldn't get a smooth shave by just shaving with the grain, even the Sensor Excel irritated my skin a lot because I would always glide over the same spot many times.

I personally can't recommend growing a beard. When I don't shave for a long time, my face becomes oily and itchy and I just don't feel clean. As you have already noticed, applying benzoyl peroxide while having a beard is a messy task and applying it only to some areas isn't going to clear you up.

Currently I shave with the Gillette Fusion Proglide. I know it is supposedly over-irritating, but to me it is so much better than the two-bladed razor. I shave once with the grain, after that I lather up again and shave sideways. It is giving good results so far.

MemberMember
(@essex11)

Posted : 07/27/2014 5:20 pm

I considered this at one point because my facial hair is dark and grows fast. I just couldn't get a smooth shave by just shaving with the grain, even the Sensor Excel irritated my skin a lot because I would always glide over the same spot many times.I personally can't recommend growing a beard. When I don't shave for a long time, my face becomes oily and itchy and I just don't feel clean. As you have already noticed, applying benzoyl peroxide while having a beard is a messy task and applying it only to some areas isn't going to clear you up.Currently I shave with the Gillette Fusion Proglide. I know it is supposedly over-irritating, but to me it is so much better than the two-bladed razor. I shave once with the grain, after that I lather up again and shave sideways. It is giving good results so far.

Thanks!!

What shaving foam to do use?

MemberMember
(@tpower)

Posted : 07/28/2014 7:18 am

Thanks!!

I just use the cleanser I have for the Regimen (mine is Himalaya Purifying Neem Face Wash but there are plenty of options which could work good for you). I don't think it's a good idea to use foam specifically for shaving as you may irritate your skin further. You already put so many stuff on it while on the Regimen (with SPF even more) and you don't really need that.

MemberMember
(@essex11)

Posted : 07/29/2014 5:04 pm

Thanks!!

I just use the cleanser I have for the Regimen (mine is Himalaya Purifying Neem Face Wash but there are plenty of options which could work good for you). I don't think it's a good idea to use foam specifically for shaving as you may irritate your skin further. You already put so many stuff on it while on the Regimen (with SPF even more) and you don't really need that.

Do you count the applying cleanser when shaving as tr cleansing part to the regimen?

Or do you shave with cleanser, then cleanse again?

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@tpower)

Posted : 07/31/2014 4:43 am

Thanks!!

Do you count the applying cleanser when shaving as tr cleansing part to the regimen?

Or do you shave with cleanser, then cleanse again?

Thanks!

First I apply the cleanser to my beard area only. After I shave I apply it once again but only on my nose and forehead. Applying it on your whole face again may overdry it.