Notifications
Clear all

15 Male - 2 Months On Accutane 50Mg, No Results! Extremely Frustrated!

MemberMember
(@ujboy15)

Posted : 07/21/2014 12:14 pm

UPDATE: I AM NOW ON MONTH 3. THE ACNE IS GETTING BETTER! SEE BELOW FOR MONTH 3 PICS. WHEN I AM DONE WITH ACCUTANE, I WILL POST BEFORE, MONTHS 1-5, AND AFTER PICS! STAY TUNED.

Someone help. What's going on? 15 Male here. On my second month of Accutane (50mg). On my way to my third month. Honestly I have no hope at this moment. My acne has worsen and I feel horrible. I haven't really seen any crazy results. I'm breaking out a bit more, my left cheek is full and and has such bold acne. My forehead however has cleared up mostly and so has my chin. But theres still marks and very less acne. My right cheek is a bit better but overall my face isn't clear. Honestly I'm so stressed out. I've tried everything and accutane is the last thing I can hope on. Side effects are very dry lips, dry skin.

At first it was getting better than all of a sudden my face exploded!

-How long did it take for you to get clear?

-Any tips for me that can reduce acne? (Food, products, etc).

-Why has my acne worsen?

-Is it okay to have my face dry or should I apply a lotion?

-What are my next steps?

I have pics but it looks bad. I'm embarrassed with friends and family too! This week also marks my third year with acne, and by now I can say its probably severe. I am so tired of acne and I really don't know what to do.

Thanks everyone. :(

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/21/2014 2:50 pm

Hang in there! Some people don't clear till the end of their course. Keep Positive!

UJboy15 liked
MemberMember
(@ujboy15)

Posted : 07/21/2014 4:29 pm

Hang in there! Some people don't clear till the end of their course. Keep Positive!

My doctor said most people begin to see positive results after a month! I've been seeing negative. I'm on a 5 month course too. I guess I'm one of the ones that take long..

MemberMember
(@ujboy15)

Posted : 07/22/2014 10:16 am

Woke up today, and my face is even better than it was yesterday!

MemberMember
(@mandycandy)

Posted : 07/22/2014 11:02 am

You may be experiencing the initial breakout. I don't know anyone who is clear after 1 month on accutane. I'm on my 3rd month and I have seen much improvement entering the 3rd month. Try not to stress too much, its a process that takes time. I hope you start seeing results soon! Good luck to ya!

MemberMember
(@ujboy15)

Posted : 07/22/2014 12:23 pm

You may be experiencing the initial breakout. I don't know anyone who is clear after 1 month on accutane. I'm on my 3rd month and I have seen much improvement entering the 3rd month. Try not to stress too much, its a process that takes time. I hope you start seeing results soon! Good luck to ya!

Sounds relieving! Thank you Mandy! Best of luck to you too!

MemberMember
(@ujboy15)

Posted : 07/23/2014 11:41 am

Day 60 today exactly. Waking up and my ride cheek is actually looking really clear. My left is doing better. Got a few on my forehead agh. But my skin is clearing I think.. Lol. Also, on my right check I have some really dark spot where some pimples were.. those lasted for 2 weeks and went away, and now it left with with some ugly mark.. I think its called like pigmentation..?

Other then that, day 60 is here. Starting my 3rd month tomorrow officially.. :D

So far, doing pretty good overall.

Rachelwp liked
MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 07/23/2014 3:09 pm

I think your dermatologist should have said 'many' people see positive results after one month, but it is definitely not 'most'. That is a very optimistic statement. In fact, many people describe the first two months as being the most difficult, and the third month as the "magic month" when they begin to see dramatic improvement. For some people, it may take even longer. Keep in mind that many people continue to experience breakouts throughout their course, the key is that each breakout becomes less and less severe until the breakouts effectively stop or become comparitively mild.

UJboy15 liked
MemberMember
(@ujboy15)

Posted : 07/23/2014 10:05 pm

I think your dermatologist should have said 'many' people see positive results after one month, but it is definitely not 'most'. That is a very optimistic statement. In fact, many people describe the first two months as being the most difficult, and the third month as the "magic month" when they begin to see dramatic improvement. For some people, it may take even longer. Keep in mind that many people continue to experience breakouts throughout their course, the key is that each breakout becomes less and less severe until the breakouts effectively stop or become comparitively mild.

Phew! That actually makes me feel so much better! Thank you. I have hope left haha. And my mom said the exact thing about my doctor. I mean we're all different so some take longer some taker quicker!

Well I start month three officially on Friday..! And I'm excited to as it could be my "magic month"!

MemberMember
(@rachelwp)

Posted : 07/25/2014 3:24 pm

I would say from my research that month 3 is the magic period where most people start clearing up. So you are there!

UJboy15 liked
MemberMember
(@welshy)

Posted : 07/25/2014 3:33 pm

Month 3 will be when you see real changes.

How much do you weigh?

Just wondering so you can work out you mg/kg dose!

UJboy15 liked
MemberMember
(@ujboy15)

Posted : 07/26/2014 11:47 am

Month 3 will be when you see real changes.

How much do you weigh?

Just wondering so you can work out you mg/kg dose!

I weigh about 130 pounds! Day 2 of month 3 today :)

I would say from my research that month 3 is the magic period where most people start clearing up. So you are there!

Woop! I've been following your story too! Excited for this month right before school! Really hope the magic works

Rachelwp liked
MemberMember
(@ujboy15)

Posted : 07/26/2014 5:14 pm

Day 2 of month 3 today.

More clearing. However got three new pimples on my forehead. They're small but err.. Yesterday I got a pimple on my jawline and its already gone in less than 24hrs. My cheeks are clearing more too, but have some brown blemishes :/ I'm using bio oil on them though.

My mom and dad tell me everyday "wow your face is actually getting clearer by the day and the medicine is really working". The first month they said its getting worse and how it wasn't working. They only started the compliments and positivity by about the end of month 2. Like I said, am now into month 3 and its getting even better!

Better than before but as you can see - some brown spots left from the pimples/acne that have just cleared up. Still some acne left but mostly brown spots/patches. Err! Looking horrible haha :/ my nose and chin have all cleared though. And one of my cheek is getting there. One is alright.post-410712-0-56523900-1406413348_thumb. this is month 3. Month one had all active acne everywhere! So I'm getting better! If you guys want progress pics let me know.

MemberMember
(@ujboy15)

Posted : 07/26/2014 5:32 pm

post-410712-0-41355600-1406413768_thumb.post-410712-0-48333500-1406413845_thumb.post-410712-0-34330300-1406413886_thumb.

Some more day 2 month 3 pics. Left cheek, right cheek, and mirror pic :P

MemberMember
(@kim28)

Posted : 07/26/2014 6:04 pm

Month 3 was a great month for me, too. By the time I got to month 4, my active acne was basically gone even though month 1 and 2 were terrible! Glad to hear things are getting better - your results are very typical (starting to clear around month 3) and that is a great sign.

:)

MemberMember
(@ujboy15)

Posted : 07/26/2014 10:06 pm

Month 3 was a great month for me, too. By the time I got to month 4, my active acne was basically gone even though month 1 and 2 were terrible! Glad to hear things are getting better - your results are very typical (starting to clear around month 3) and that is a great sign.

:)

Are you done with accurane now? If not how far are you in it?

And im glad I'm the same! Terrible first two months and now I'm seeing some great improvements in month 3!

MemberMember
(@senorscarber)

Posted : 07/26/2014 11:18 pm

Awesome improvements, man! I think we've got really similar acne, so I'm hoping I'll clear up like you have. :)

UJboy15 liked
MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 07/26/2014 11:34 pm

Yay! I'm glad things are getting better for you already! Keep in mind that you will probably continue to keep flare up, just less and less severely each time. So don't let new actives stress you out :) Good luck!

UJboy15 liked
MemberMember
(@ujboy15)

Posted : 07/27/2014 12:54 pm

Awesome improvements, man! I think we've got really similar acne, so I'm hoping I'll clear up like you have. :)

Thanks dude! I've been following you closely too! So I hope for all the best for you too! I think we got similar acne too- by reading from your topic! Good luck, will keep you updated!!

Yay! I'm glad things are getting better for you already! Keep in mind that you will probably continue to keep flare up, just less and less severely each time. So don't let new actives stress you out :) Good luck!

Thanks Meg! I have a new one on my right cheek today, err haha. My face isn't clear yet but for sure is better than it was before. :) trying not to stress! Hopefully by the end of this month I'll clear!

Ill post progress pics later today or on Tuesday! Stay tuned. Month 1- now

MemberMember
(@ujboy15)

Posted : 08/01/2014 8:53 pm

Day 7 month 3 today.

More clearing. Woop. Face and it's skin tone also looking more sharp, smooth, brighter. A few pimples on the top side of my face though. Cheeks are getting better too! Not many big changes this past week though but slowly getting better each day I wake up.

MemberMember
(@ujboy15)

Posted : 08/05/2014 6:45 pm

Day 11, month 3 today.

Haven't had any new pimples this week. Forehead is officially clear now. Cheeks are doing much better. Beginning to fade away! However, my lips have been very drier than they were in month 1/2! It sucks. But yep, face on the way to clearing! Much better before. The pic attached in this post is day 11 of month 3!

post-410712-0-15981200-1407282314.jpg

MemberMember
(@senorscarber)

Posted : 08/05/2014 7:49 pm

DUDE THAT LOOKS SO MUCH BETTER ALREADY, WHOAH!

UJboy15 liked
MemberMember
(@rachelwp)

Posted : 08/05/2014 8:54 pm

Awesome!!!!!

UJboy15 liked
MemberMember
(@ujboy15)

Posted : 08/06/2014 10:08 am

DUDE THAT LOOKS SO MUCH BETTER ALREADY, WHOAH!

Haha really?! I hope so! Thanks :P

MemberMember
(@ujboy15)

Posted : 08/08/2014 10:54 am

Day 15 today of month 3...

umm, I can say a lot of my acne Is gone. But I have red marks left from wherever the acne has cleared! I'm using bio oil to get rid of the red marks. I still have some pimples but it's not that bad and if you stand away from me my face looks clear. Cheeks got 1 active pimple on each side. But they're barely noticeable. Then one tiny one on my forehead. So in the first month I had like maybe 20-30 active pimples. Now down to 3. Just needa get rid of the redness left behind but apparently it'll go away in a few weeks as my face is getting used to "the clear way".. Idk though

Day 15, month 3:

cheeks/chin/nose:

post-410712-0-18308900-1407513143.jpg

forehead is as clear as chin basically

Rachelwp liked