Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi all,

I've been on accutane for 11 weeks now and for the first few weeks things were looking up. For the past few week or so I've started to become a little bit disheartened as I feel accutane isn't really benefiting me.

I'm just curious to know when some of you would say that you were "clear"? How far into the course did new spots/cysts stop forming?

Also, does anyone else feel as if the red marks are a lot more visible during accutane?

Edit: accutane has stopped whiteheads forming and has smoothened my skin complexion. However I still get cysts.

Edited by liammaclennan

Thats a good dose. As far as when youll start clearing up everyone is different. Some people clear by 2 months some it takes 5. I wouldnt get discouraged though just keep at it and youll see results.

I was clear pretty much after the first month. I just started my 3rd month. first month I was on 40 mg daily and 2nd month 80 mg daily. 3rd month will be 80 mg as well.

I didn't really experience IB...very mild but I had mild acne to begin with. Some would prob say I didn't even need to be on it but I've been battling break-outs since 12...I am 36 now.

I was taking 40mg for my first month, and I experienced an IB around my 4th week, then things were looking up. On my third month, they switched my to 60, and I broke out again (although it cleared much more quickly than my IB). I think that breaking out with a dose increase is relatively common.

My breakouts were awful 2 months in I felt like throwing in the towel !! but 4 months in and on 60mg daily (20mg 3x a day) my skin has dramatically changed for the good. People take to the drug differently , I hope you're next course does wonders :-) good luck