Notifications
Clear all

Roaccutane Didn't Help

MemberMember
(@lvstork)

Posted : 07/21/2014 9:25 am

Hi!I am new to this forum,but i have problem with my "Roaccutane"pills,they didn't helped me,but my course is ending this month,but there is no good improvement,because there are new pimples everyday.I won't repeat course,because it is very expensive in my country-150eur a month i spend on them.I am eating well,going to gym and running,washing face 6times a day,but there is no improvement,on my back still is a city of pimples.I am 15 years old,but it is almost 4 years,since i am fighting with these pimples and i am really tired of them.Please tell me from your experience,how you got over problem like this,if you had. :(

MemberMember
(@shamelesspoet)

Posted : 07/21/2014 5:47 pm

How long have you been on accutane plus what is the dosage you are using?

I was on accutane 40mg/day for 7 months and it cleared my skin in the face, however now i suffer from scalp acne, its a good medicine but it takes time to work.

MemberMember
(@sabrigb35)

Posted : 07/21/2014 6:18 pm

Don't wash your face that much. You should do it twice a day, maybe 3 times... as a lot. That's the only "wrong" thing I see and might be causing you acne.

MemberMember
(@lvstork)

Posted : 07/22/2014 4:49 pm

How long have you been on accutane plus what is the dosage you are using?

I was on accutane 40mg/day for 7 months and it cleared my skin in the face, however now i suffer from scalp acne, its a good medicine but it takes time to work.

I am using 50mg/day and i had 7 months too.I think it had a big time to start to work,but it didn't...

MemberMember
(@inqer)

Posted : 07/22/2014 5:30 pm

I use to have really bad acne and tried all kind of cures which did not work. Then I had Roaccutane for 6 months which pretty much cleared my face for good. still get some cysts and blackheads now and then but nothing that I cant handle. The scars on the other hand...

So did roaccutane dry out your face? if so, did you use any moisturizer? also, as another member stated, you should only wash your face twice a day maximum.

MemberMember
(@lvstork)

Posted : 07/23/2014 5:44 am

I use to have really bad acne and tried all kind of cures which did not work. Then I had Roaccutane for 6 months which pretty much cleared my face for good. still get some cysts and blackheads now and then but nothing that I cant handle. The scars on the other hand...

So did roaccutane dry out your face? if so, did you use any moisturizer? also, as another member stated, you should only wash your face twice a day maximum.

My face is dry and i am using one moisturizer,to handle face dryness.But i am still getting pimples on face and roaccutane didn't cleared my back at all.