Notifications
Clear all

Acne Diet First Days Make The Acne Worse?

MemberMember
(@nerdzilla)

Posted : 07/21/2014 12:39 am

Hi, I'm in my 7th day of the acne diet. The first days my acne was pretty good and looking to clear up but now i have a lot of acne maybe even more then before i started this diet. Is this normal or should I stop? (i have got more acne but especially on the red scars/marks and around my jaw)The redness of the scars/marks did clear up a bit do.

MemberMember
(@fyry)

Posted : 07/21/2014 1:24 am

What is your diet like? My acne was worse for a month, than it cleared up.

MemberMember
(@nerdzilla)

Posted : 07/21/2014 1:45 am

What is your diet like? My acne was worse for a month, than it cleared up.

pretty much no dairy,no sugar and no gluten, Also only Low Glycemic index foods.

For drinks only water and homemade juices.

and a lot of vegetables and fruits.

MemberMember
(@fyry)

Posted : 07/21/2014 5:03 am

Do NOT drink fruit juice. It is always bad for skin... you pretty much drink sugar. Vegetable juices and smoothies with fruits are ok.

Be careful with the fruits, I didnt think that I break out from them, but... I do, when I eat more than a few in the morning.

Be careful with the nuts! I wouldnt eat them in the first month at least.

Check your omega 3-6 balance : very important for calming down the inflammation.

I guess your skin is detoxing. If it doesnt get better in 1-2 weeks, just stop eating fruits and nuts, up the fish, spinach, green veggies and research the benefits of green smoothies and cod liver oil. Detox should last max. for a month.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/21/2014 5:41 am

If you change your diet suddenly and not subtly, you will see an increase in acne. If it continues for months on end, then something may not be working. I was on the endless diet chaange wheel forever and decided to take my bow and step off as it never helped my acne. I still eat healthy but just not paleo (still dairy and gluten free though).

MemberMember
(@fyry)

Posted : 07/21/2014 7:11 am

If you change your diet suddenly and not subtly, you will see an increase in acne. If it continues for months on end, then something may not be working. I was on the endless diet chaange wheel forever and decided to take my bow and step off as it never helped my acne. I still eat healthy but just not paleo (still dairy and gluten free though).

Do not agree with this. You just did something wrong. Paleo do not cause more acne on the long run. Maybe for the first 1-2 months, but when you eat hypoallergenic, non-inflammatory diet, you must get better. If you dont, you eat something you dont know you have an intolerance for or eat toooooo much omega 6 (common mistake on paleo when starting out : too much meat, non organic meat, tooooo much fruit, nuts, COFFEE)

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 07/21/2014 8:33 am

What are you eating more of since changing your diet?

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/21/2014 9:08 am

Do not agree with this. You just did something wrong. Paleo do not cause more acne on the long run. Maybe for the first 1-2 months, but when you eat hypoallergenic, non-inflammatory diet, you must get better. If you dont, you eat something you dont know you have an intolerance for or eat toooooo much omega 6 (common mistake on paleo when starting out : too much meat, non organic meat, tooooo much fruit, nuts, COFFEE)

You can disagree with me all you want. I am tired of the blame game with diet which says its the acne suffers fault when it fails. I have cut out, out back in, done organic, etc etc etc. There is something else at work with my acne so don't judge because something worked for you and you think it will work for everyone. Paleo is not the cure all diet for everyone.

MemberMember
(@nerdzilla)

Posted : 07/21/2014 9:41 am

Salmon,brown rice, more vegetables (cucumber,carrot,spinach,tomato) more fruits (apple,orange,grapes).

And eliminated sweets like chocolate,gummy bears etc, no other drinks then water and home made juices

And some nuts.

Also some supplements for zinc, omega 3 and some vitamins (a,d,c)

In the past I have eaten a lot of foods that are no good for skin & health, I would never eat what i eat now.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 07/21/2014 12:51 pm

Salmon,brown rice, more vegetables (cucumber,carrot,spinach,tomato) more fruits (apple,orange,grapes).

And eliminated sweets like chocolate,gummy bears etc, no other drinks then water and home made juices

And some nuts.

In the past I have eaten a lot of foods that are no good for skin & health, I would never eat what i eat now.

Is this acne different from what you have before? How sugary are these juices? Are you having them with a meal?

Note: my jawline acne turned out to be a citrus intolerance.

MemberMember
(@nerdzilla)

Posted : 07/22/2014 1:57 am

And some nuts.

Is this acne different from what you have before? How sugary are these juices? Are you having them with a meal?

The acne after i started the diet is not a lot different from before, just some white heads on the red marks/scars and on my jawline, I did not have this before the diet, Usualy they would apear somewhere else (head,nose)

for the juices i don't know exactly how sugary they realy are, I just squeeze some oranges for example and drink it. And yes i do take some of the juices with a meal

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 07/22/2014 8:18 am

And some nuts.

The acne after i started the diet is not a lot different from before, just some white heads on the red marks/scars and on my jawline, I did not have this before the diet, Usualy they would apear somewhere else (head,nose)

for the juices i don't know exactly how sugary they realy are, I just squeeze some oranges for example and drink it. And yes i do take some of the juices with a meal

Oranges juice is sugar. DO NOT drink sugar without food to lower the glycemic impact. And I bet your new jawline acne is a food intolerance. And it could likely be the oranges.

MemberMember
(@nerdzilla)

Posted : 07/22/2014 9:41 am

And some nuts.

Oranges juice is sugar. DO NOT drink sugar without food to lower the glycemic impact. And I bet your new jawline acne is a food intolerance. And it could likely be the oranges.

thanks!!! i'm going to stop eating and drinking oranges. are apples ok?

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 07/22/2014 5:18 pm

And some nuts.

thanks!!! i'm going to stop eating and drinking oranges. are apples ok?

Few people are intolerant to apples, but it's still possible. You just have to try it. But drinking apple juice is basically drinking sugar.