Allergy To Bp After...

Notifications
Clear all

Allergy To Bp After 3 Years Of Use

MemberMember
(@mariac32)

Posted : 07/20/2014 5:58 pm

I have been using the regimen for almost three years now. For the most part, it has helped clear my skin and I was able to go long periods without horrible breakouts. The past month, without doing anything differently, I started breaking out in itchy rashes on my face (only in areas where I put the bp) and my eyes were constantly irritated and sometimes swollen. The itchy/bumpy rashes would then get very dry and peel after a few days. I thought it was an allergy to something in the air or in my house, or to my laundry detergent...I just hoped it wasnt the bp. First I started using a different moisturizer but this did not help. I stopped using the bp for a few days and the rash and irritation went away. Now my skin is broken out and hurts, but no longer covered in itchy rashes! Acne sufferers just can't win sometimes. Has this happened to anyone else? How common is it to develop an allergy to something you have used for so long? If I can't use bp, what should my alternative be? I'm pretty desperate for advice!