Notifications
Clear all

Best Powder With Some Coverage

MemberMember
(@emily54)

Posted : 07/20/2014 3:13 pm

I am on the hunt for a breathable powder makeup (loose or pressed) with some coverage to wear over moisturizer. I have tried a samples of BB creams, CC creams, and power foundations and they feel heavy, and just sit on my skin. They smooth out my complexion but make me look old and cakey.

I want something can help cover flat red marks, won't cake, mattes a bit, and won't extenuate fine lines, big pores, clogged pores or healing lesions.

Any recommendations?

MemberMember
(@kool2k00)

Posted : 07/20/2014 4:04 pm

I would check out mineral makeup!

I have pretty bad acne/pigmentation on my cheeks but I'm clear everywhere else, and I find it's light enough that my nice skin shines through but buildable enough that I don't need to use concealer.

A caveat - I go to a local shop that specializes in making this kind of makeup (Elea Blake Cosmetics, if you care to Google). Their product is truly excellent. Can't speak for any other brands, but I would think any finely milled mineral makeup that matches your skin tone would be worth a try.

MemberMember
(@psychokitty)

Posted : 07/20/2014 7:46 pm

I have the same problem with powder. I've tried a lot and always go back to cover girl's blue compact powder for oily skin. It is pretty mattifying and doesnt make me look older or my pores larger. I wish I could wear natural stuff but it makes me look really bad. I just bought physician's formula's organic wear powder and it was no good for me.

MemberMember
(@aeris7)

Posted : 08/04/2014 2:18 am

Bare Minerals Ready powder foundation has thebest coverage.

Physicians Formula BB Powder is also good.