Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
**Princess**

BP bleaching my quilt and mum's going crazy

guys im desprite ive just got to the stage where i rely on BP to have good skin, and my mums moaning that im getting on my quilt and i agree it looks crap is taken all the colour out of it and all gone patchy and white. im paranoid about whateva i touch with my face a s i dont want to ruin anything else. has anyone any ideas of what i can do, mum says if i get it on one moe thing its banned! im going crazy here please help x x x x x write bk asap

Well, thats abit harsh of your mum. But whatever... I suggest that you invest in some plain white covers for your bed....

Well, she cant have it both ways. Either she changes your covers or she lives with you bleaching your existing ones. I seriously doubt that she'd take your BP away from you though. Im sure that she'd rather have bleeached covers than a pimply faced daughter biggrin.gif

safe, ditto!

Doesn't want an ugly room, doesn't want an ugly face, doesn't want ugly quilts.

Blondie, only thing I can think of is to make sure you're waiting till your face dries before moving on to the next step. Make sure BP has absorbed thoroughly (5 - 15 mins) before applying moisturizer. Wash your hands, and then wait till the moisturizer dries and absorbs into your skin before climbing into bed. The only thing I've had bleached so far is my hairline, and even that I'm trying to avoid now. Good luck!

I've been dealing with the same kind of problem. My husband and I got these beautiful sheets for our wedding, unfortunately my BP has bleached our blue sheets pink. If ever I was curous about how much I move in my sleep, I'm not now. It's rather obvious in its pink tinged glory. doubt.gif We've given up and switched to white sheets, and we make sure the sheet is folded over the comforter by several inches. Waiting until it's obsorbed makes no difference, as far as I can tell.

Yeah, it doesn't matter if it's dried because even a tiny amount of sweat will cause the benzoyl peroxide to "come out" of your skin and bleach stuff.

sweat, huh? That's interesting, sweat is usually not a factor for me because if anything I like to keep the room cool (something to consider). We don't like the HVAC bill to be high but that's why I'm glad it's Fall here. You can leave the window open and the room will be quite cool. Right now someone else in the house has turned on the heater for their room so I left MY window open to let the cold air in so that the temperature isn't too warm. Heck, I'm even having a little trouble breathing as I type. It's just so unnecessarily warm!

So maybe if you're able to not sweat at night, things should be better. Also do you moisturize at night? It might help if the very last thing absorbed into your skin wasn't the BP. Again, don't forget to wait between steps. I imagine the BP would be somewhat deeper in your skin if you waited 5 - 15 mins before applying the moisturizer. Just speculating wink.gif

sweat, huh?  That's interesting, sweat is usually not a factor for me because if anything I like to keep the room cool (something to consider).  We don't like the HVAC bill to be high but that's why I'm glad it's Fall here.  You can leave the window open and the room will be quite cool.  Right now someone else in the house has turned on the heater for their room so I left MY window open to let the cold air in so that the temperature isn't too warm.  Heck, I'm even having a little trouble breathing as I type.  It's just so unnecessarily warm!

So maybe if you're able to not sweat at night, things should be better.  Also do you moisturize at night?  It might help if the very last thing absorbed into your skin wasn't the BP.  Again, don't forget to wait between steps.  I imagine the BP would be somewhat deeper in your skin if you waited 5 - 15 mins before applying the moisturizer.  Just speculating wink.gif

BP will bleach 100% cotton or other natural fibers. I live with the bleach

effects of BP on my cotton color sheets and pillowcases. My green

poly/cotton down comforter shows no signs of bleaching. Try a polyester

blend for colorfastness. I always were sacrificial t-shirts to bed as I

only wear BP at night.

Hope this helps.

lol this made me laugh. I've bleached loads of pillows/duvets, so many clothes, my mums clothes and the blind in the bothroom where i've washed and splashed the cream all over. Plus loads of towels. lol.gif

I've had this happen with all my regimens. I've used Proactiv, prescription something or another, and now BP. I've bleached towels, shirts, sheets...they all do it. Avoid collared shirts if you can.