Starting The Regime...

Notifications
Clear all

Starting The Regimen

MemberMember
(@gregloera)

Posted : 07/18/2014 11:22 pm

Hi everyone! So today the Regimen arrived at my doorstep and I'm excited/nervous about this. I'm excited because I could potentially have greatly improved skin in 2 months, but I'm nervous because I could have potentially have worse skin in 2 months. I really hope this works for me, as it has for others. I'm nervous to how long my skin is going to need to get adjusted to the Regimen, because school starts in exactly one month. I'm going to try and update my progress. Further more, are then any rookie mistakes you guys can warn me about? Thanks!

MemberMember
(@gregloera)

Posted : 07/19/2014 12:22 am

Okay so I just finished doing the whole Regimen process for the first night, and honestly my face feels great. It was kinda hard being gentle and of course I dont think I was gentle enough, but all I need is some practice. I'm pretty sure I wont feel this way tommorow though lol. I'll let you guys know how I feel tomorow morning.

MemberMember
(@doctorintrainingnz)

Posted : 07/19/2014 5:22 am

Please let me know how you get on! Looking at starting but am nervous as school has started again and don't know how the Benzyl Peroxide will react and how red and flaky it could make my skin. Good luck and please keep us posted

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/19/2014 7:38 am

The Regimen is a marathon but it was the single most effective topical i used for my acne till i developed eczema from it. My advice to you is to start slowly. Literally a pea sized amount once a day. The most annoying thing was the dryness and flakiness though so a good moisturizer is a must.

MemberMember
(@gregloera)

Posted : 07/19/2014 12:22 pm

So I woke up this morning and my nose was super oily! Like my nose is usually really oily but like my nose was drenched! Nasty, I know. I also noticed the pimple I had on my forehead and chin came to a head. Honestly, I haven't noticed any dryness, irritation, redness, etc. This morning I just used the cleanser and moisturizer, as Dan recommends, because I'm only doing the BP once a day and at night. I don't know, maybe the irritation comes later on, but I'm almost nervous that the redness, dryness hasn't come because I'm not doing everything correctly. Of course I don't want the dryness, but then at least I know its working. Tonight I'll do the whole 3 step process again, and I'll let you know how I feel in the morning. So far no new noticeable pimples, whiteheads, or blemishes. I'll talk to you guys later!

The Regimen is a marathon but it was the single most effective topical i used for my acne till i developed eczema from it. My advice to you is to start slowly. Literally a pea sized amount once a day. The most annoying thing was the dryness and flakiness though so a good moisturizer is a must.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/19/2014 1:44 pm

I know for a fact that excessive BP gave me eczema as i have never ever ever had it on my face before. My skin would get red and hot with BP, especially around my mouth area. Forehead and upper cheeks were great. When i stopped, the eczema went away. When i restarted, same thing happened. My skin is now highly sensitized.

For me, i literally used a pea sized amount. See Dan's video for more info.

MemberMember
(@gregloera)

Posted : 07/20/2014 12:04 am

2nd night on the Regimen, and my face does feel slightly drier then it did last night. No flakiness, redness or irritation. I will say though that the pimple on my forehead popped very easily. I usually get pretty big ones up there, but this time it was small and I was able to pop it mid-day, same goes for the one on my chin. I have a pimple in between my upper lip and bottom of my nose, but as of right now its already coming to a head and by tomorrow I should be able to pop it. Im expecting the bad effects to come in tomorrow, but we'll see.

MemberMember
(@gregloera)

Posted : 07/20/2014 12:43 pm

this is my 3rd day on the Regimen. I woke up, brushed my teeth and hopped in the shower. I shaved and then cleansed, waited 15 mins before applying moisturizer. I woke up this morning, and I think I have a few small pimples on my left cheek, but very very minor. Still no irritation, dryness, or redness. I'll probably have all of that though by the end of the week, or into next week when I apply BP twice a day. I'll keep you guys updated.

MemberMember
(@gregloera)

Posted : 07/22/2014 12:31 am

okay so 4th day on the Regimen. i woke up this morning with way less oil on my nose, but i noticed i had broken out small white heads on my jawline. i also got one new pimple on my forehead, which is the least affected problem area, and is a little irritated. my nose feels clearer, but looks the same. my left cheek, which used to be my bad side is looking so much better. my right cheek turned into my bad side when i had a breakout about a month ago. though there are no active pimples, there are the red marks where they used to be. isnt that great? even after you get rid of the pimples, acne says "nah im not ready to leave. im just gonna chill on your face so people can look at you and you can feel bad about yourself". it just sucks you know? i keep thinking to myself that its unfair. a year ago, i only had mild acne on my nose, and i thought i was done with acne ever spreading. a year later i have spent at least $200 (including the regimen) on products, and i still feel depressed when i go out. to make it worse, as i was putting on BP tonight, i noticed another small acne crater. thats maybe the 3rd one now? this one was the biggest one, but theyre all pretty small i guess. and the funny thing is, i shouldnt have an acne crater. i dont pick at my face or anything, they seem to just appear. so yeah, you feel great about one cheek and then turn to the other cheek and there goes the one bit of happiness i had. anyways, my face feels a little dry i guess. i think i got one or 2 more pimples on my lower cheek, i cant really tell anymore cause i havent really touched my face. well, sorry i just had to let that out. i dont talk to anyone else about this kind of stuff bc i am too embarrassed. thanks for listening, ill keep you guys updated. goodnight.

MemberMember
(@gregloera)

Posted : 07/22/2014 12:49 pm

5th day on the regimen! i emailed acne.org and they told me that people with oily skin tend not to get hit hard with the devastating effects of BP. i also read on another forum that the it can hit on the 5th or 6th day, or even in 2-3 weeks. either way, i hope i dont hit it at all. this morning i just cleansed and shaved. as i was shaving, i think i accidentally tore off a white head. im gonna try and shave as gently as possible, but its really hard to get rid of all the hair when youre shaving with the grain. when school starts and i cant afford to have small hair still hanging around after a shave, ill just shave in the bathroom in front of a mirror. that way i can be as gentle as possible and hopefully get rid of all the hair. as i was applying moisturizer, i noticed that my skin has gotten a little more drier. since i have oily skin, im only gonna do one pump of moisturizer, let it soak in, and then do the second pump. ive noticed that after 3 mins, the moisturizer still isnt fully absorbed and i have at least a quarter of a pump on my hands.(btw, the moisturizer makes my hands so soft!) besides that everything is good. my pillow case is bleaching, so im wondering if everything is just rubbing off on my pillow at night. my forehead and my chin are improving alot! thats it for the morning, ill either post tonight or tomorrow morning! later guys!

MemberMember
(@gregloera)

Posted : 07/23/2014 2:00 pm

So this is my 6th day on the Regimen. to be honest, this week is going by kinda slow, probably bc I'm just anxious for results. i had to new pimples on my right cheek (my bad side), which i popped. one of them is just a scab now and the other returned this morning. i popped the pimple on my forehead and that's going away, but i think another one is forming. besides that, both of my cheeks are looking good. I'll post a picture of my face at the end of the month. my nose is way less oily. I am expiriencig some dryness, but nothing major. in 2 days I'm upping my dosage and usage of BP so I'm excited. I'll give a first impression of the regimen at the end of the week. i hope im helping anyone nervous about buying the regimen. later guys!

MemberMember
(@gregloera)

Posted : 07/24/2014 12:50 pm

Ah, my 7th day on the Regimen. Tommorow im upping my BP so that it reaches for 2nd index finger line. I'll be doing this twice a day, and I'm honestly kinda nervous. Lately, my face has been really dry, but only after I hop outta the shower. Because after you cleanse your face, you have to wait like 15 mins, and during that time my face feels like a rock lol. Even now, after I did the 2 pumps of moisturizer, my face still feels kinda dry. The only irritation I have experienced throughout my 7 days was my forehead, and only slightly after applying BP. A couple whiteheads broke out towards my hairline (which was never a problem for me), but the part where i did have problems (my lower forehead) is clearing up. I also have realized my nose feels really good,but still isnt where i want it. Yesterday I was in Nordstrom where the lights are turned on to like max brightness (literally you have to wear sunglasses in there) and I was looked at myself in the mirror and my left cheek looked soooo good, I was soo happy. I didn't notice any whiteheads, it just looked clear except for some hyper pigmentation. I think im going to get some AHA for that in a couple of weeks, depends on how much money I have. But yeah my left side looked good and my right side is improving, but doesn't look as good as my left side. I was able to pop the pimple on my forehead, and now I just have those like popped pimple scars on my forehead. Usually I get big ones up there, but the ones ive gotten are actually really small. They just steal alot of attention because theyre on my forehead lol. Well yeah ill let you guys know whats up tomorrow, have a good day!

MemberMember
(@gregloera)

Posted : 07/25/2014 12:48 am

Okay so this is the end of my first week. Im going to do a weeks impression of The Regimen, and then everything else I experienced today in the next post.

So at $45, I got a 16 oz. cleanser, and 8 oz. treatment and moisturizer. This is all supposed to last you a month, with the cleanser maybe lasting a little longer. The cleanser is amazing. Its soapy once you lather it up, and my face does feel cleaner after washing it off. The BP has (i believe) cleared up my face a little. In a bright room, for the first time I looked at my left side of my cheek and went "wait a minute, my face doesnt look that bad". I think the only reason my right side isn't improving as fast is because my right side suffered a bad breakout about a month ago and though i dont have any pimples, you can still see the hyper pigmentation. In just a week, my right side has improved. My right side still has at least 6 whiteheads, maybe more. As far as Wednesday, my left cheek has maybe 5 at the most, which is really good for me. My chin is vastly improving, no new pimples, just little little whiteheads. My nose so far is the most improved. My acne all started with my nose, and 3 years later my nose looks pretty nice. The right side of my nose looks awesome, and my left side is still improving, but being weighed down by a few whiteheads/blackheads. My forehead was my least affected area, and I was thinking hard on whether or not I should put BP there. I decided to, and because of the BP, my forehead has broken out. It broke out into one little pimple. That got popped and then a new one appeared. All this is (im hoping) is my skin getting adjusted to the BP.

Now I'm going to talk about the cons. These cons are only because this is my first week, and my skin is getting adjusted to treatment. First off, if you have oily skin, the BP might not irritate you or dry you out at first. But believe me, it will catch up to you. It wasn't until the 6th day until I was like "hey, my face kinda feels like a shoe". Only today, on the 7th day, have I experienced flakiness, and only very little on my right cheek. My only con is that it is drying, but what acne product wont be? After you shower and cleanse, you are supposed to wait 15 mins until applying BP or moisturizer (moisturizer after cleansing in the morning, BP then moisturizing after cleanser at night). During this waiting time, you will experience the worst drying. It becomes really uncomfortable and you face feels like a rock. Even now, after applying BP and moisturizer, my face still feels pretty dry. From past reviews, the dryness should subside after about 2-3 weeks. Notice that I have oily skin, and these affects are still pretty uncomfortable. If you have dry or normal skin, you may experience much more dryness, irritation, and or redness. You will break out, because your skin is getting used to everything. I broke out about 3 small (I usually get kinda big) pimples on my forehead, one pimple in the middle of my right cheek, and 2 pimples on my lower right jawline. Besides the one one on my jawline, these pimples have been fairly easy to pop and came to a head the next night after appearing.

My final note: Do i regret buying the Regimen? Absolutely not. I think I got a good deal, and I am seeing results. Though it is drying, I do see results and this dryness should only last 2 more weeks at max. Note that besides just the Regimen, I am drinking a gallon of water a day, I am trying my absolute best to stay away from sugar and dairy (though I had soda on Wednesday and ice cream tonight... which is like a first in at least 3 weeks). I totally recommend getting the Regimen, just be ready for the purging. I'll be posting a months review around August 18-21. Hope this helped guys!

MemberMember
(@gregloera)

Posted : 07/25/2014 12:53 pm

okay so it's the start of my 2nd weeks on the Regimen. This morning i applied BP until it reached half over my first finger line. i was going to go all the way to my second line but i decided that since my face was drying, I'd just wait. By Tuesday or Wednesday I'll try and go to the second finger line, depends if my skin is still dry. right now after applying the moisturizer, it's still dry. i used to to only do one pump at a time, but now i have to use the full 2 pumps at the same time because my face is that dry. my face right now doesn't feel like a rock or anything, but it's defenietly slightly uncomfortable. I'm going on vacation but i should still be able to do the regimen. after cleansing outta the shower and applying BP, my face is kinda flaky but no peeling. the flaking usually goes away after i apply the mosturize. still no irritation, but i did get a small pimple up towards my hairline, but i get one of those once every 2 months. there is so much less oil when i wake up in the morning, I've noticed a significant drop in white heads on my cheeks. on my left there's maybe 3 or 4 (that i could see) and on my right there's about 4 or 5. compare that to a month ago, where i would have at least maybe 15 or 20 whiteheads on each cheek. hyper pigmentation is still hanging around, and i might get AHA for that. well that's about it for today, i should be able to update you guys either tonight or tmrw morning. have a great day everyone!

MemberMember
(@misschichi)

Posted : 07/25/2014 2:42 pm

I really enjoy reading your updates. I am new to the regimen and started yesterday. I can totally relate to your description of your face feeling like a rock after cleansing! Today my skin felt really tight and dry while waiting for it to air dry before applying the moisturizer.

When I woke up this morning I was thinking my face felt great. It was a nice soothing feeling, as if I had just gone for a facial. When I looked in the mirror though, I noticed my skin was oilier than normal. I have slightly oily skin to start with. I also did wake up with a new pimple on my forehead but my existing pimples did not look any worse.

One thing to add - I have been using bp for many years but only as a spot on treatment on active pimples. I wonder if people who are not new to bp will also suffer from the dryness, redness and flakiness while on this regimen? I am really curious to see how my skin will react to this.

How about you? Have you used bp before?

Good luck and thanks for sharing your experience while on the regimen. I am just too lazy to post a daily update lol!

MemberMember
(@gregloera)

Posted : 07/26/2014 1:11 am

Ah! okay so today im on vacation and i was in the pool all day which completely dried my face. when i did the regimen today, my skin for the first time was irritated after mosutizer. just super dry and pretty flaky. i feel a pimple coming on between my brows and something weird happened today. i had a small pimple like where my sideburns are, and after the pool it just grew to full size and turned into a 2 pimples. tommorow if I'm in the pool I'll try to keep my face outta the water. my face might be red tommorow, I'm not sure. goodnight everyone.

MemberMember
(@gregloera)

Posted : 07/28/2014 1:14 am

I really enjoy reading your updates. I am new to the regimen and started yesterday. I can totally relate to your description of your face feeling like a rock after cleansing! Today my skin felt really tight and dry while waiting for it to air dry before applying the moisturizer.

When I woke up this morning I was thinking my face felt great. It was a nice soothing feeling, as if I had just gone for a facial. When I looked in the mirror though, I noticed my skin was oilier than normal. I have slightly oily skin to start with. I also did wake up with a new pimple on my forehead but my existing pimples did not look any worse.

One thing to add - I have been using bp for many years but only as a spot on treatment on active pimples. I wonder if people who are not new to bp will also suffer from the dryness, redness and flakiness while on this regimen? I am really curious to see how my skin will react to this.

How about you? Have you used bp before?

Good luck and thanks for sharing your experience while on the regimen. I am just too lazy to post a daily update lol!

yeah! like in my earlier post my skin was super oily after the first night. i only used BP at 5% cream from clean and clear and i would use very little and only apply maybe twice a week, and i only did that for like a month at the most. the gel is actually really nice and way better and less drying then the cream (:

Okay everyone I'm sorry i haven't posted since Friday. I've been on vacation and where i was at the wifi was horrible and i didn't want to waste my phones data. anyways, the chlorine in the pool actually helped dry out my existing pimple. the one on my jawline is almost gone. I'll go day by day.

So saturday i woke up and played soccer outside with some friends and i was sweaty after wards. i went inside to cleanse and put on BP. but after that my dad said "let's go to sport chalet real quick" i thought okay i should only be about 15 mins. it ended up being 30 mins so my face felt like a rock and real dry when i finally did apply moisturizer. the rest of the day i was in the pool, and i only applied moisturizer one more time and very little (i didn't want to waste any). that night i did the usual and went to bed with no indication of irritation, but still some dryness.

On Sunday I woke up and the pimple between my brows came to a head but i haven't popped it yet. i did get a few pimples on my forehead that were at usual size, but came to a head very quickly, and I'll probably pop them tmrw. I'll account the ones on my forehead to the 4 of 5 cans of soda i had over the weekend, as well as about 6 juice boxes and an Oreo Shake. i know i know im bad, but hey I was on vacation. my face was slightly red towards my upper cheek, but i blame that on the sun. tommorow it's back to normal with lots of water and little to no sugar or dairy. i do see results, the 5 or 6 whiteheads between my

brows have been reduced to 3 or 4. my nose is almost clear, the rest of my skin i think is just hyper pigmentation. in the sun you can see the red spots but in the shade you can't.

well that's it guys I'll talk to you all tommorow! good night!

MemberMember
(@gregloera)

Posted : 07/28/2014 7:53 pm

woke up this morning, did the regimen and my face has been dry all day! I've noticed most of the dryness has been towards the lower part of my skin. i think it's because I've been only using 1 1/2 pump of moisturizer. i stopped using 2 because i had leftover lotion because not all of it went into my skin. when i use 1.5 pumps i have little leftover but my face is dry. I'm going to try and use 1.75 of a pump, if thats possible. if not I'll just go back to using 2 pumps. i think a pimple is forming on my left cheek, where i haven't had one there in about a month. i tried popping the pimples i mentioned earlier but they weren't ready, and i think I'm getting another pimple towards my upper inner eyebrow. other then that nothing much else. have a good day guys.

MemberMember
(@gregloera)

Posted : 07/29/2014 7:48 pm

so the only thing i wanna talk about is dryness. my face is a lot better than yesterday, but i did apply a little bit more moisturizer throughout the day. i wanna get jojoba oil, but i don't have the money for it right now and might just get it when i buy my next kit. so yeah when i frown you can feel how dry my forehead and the lower part of my cheeks and jawline are super flaky and dry. the pimples on my left cheek are growing, but other then that no signs or improvement that was different from my last post. my skin looks great in not so great lighting, but you defienetly see the HP (hyper pigmentation) when the suns out. and that's all really my skin feels smooth when i wash but you can still see the red spots. when i get my next kit (if i have enough) I'll try and get 16 oz. everything as well as either AHA or jojoba oil. I'll most likely only be able to afford one of those and I'll just have to see how my skin is. have a great day guys!

MemberMember
(@gregloera)

Posted : 07/31/2014 1:17 pm

Sorry about not posting yesterday, but nothing different from yesterday that's happening today. Tomorrow will be my 3rd week on the Regimen, and this week has gone by way faster than the previous. I should have BP stretching my full finger, but I'm not ready yet. My face is barely getting used to the amount of BP im applying now. I am peeling so bad on my cheeks and chin. You know when you get sunburned at after like 3 days you start to peel and there are like dead, dirty skin peels all over you? Thats how it is but on my face. It makes my face look a lot worse that it actually is. If it wasn't for the peeling, my face would look great. When I get out of the shower and my skin is wet and there is no peeling,my left cheek looks phenomenal! Seriously, Just a few pimples, maybe like 3 or 4, and minimal HP. My chin has improved, but there is a little HP. Im honestly not worried about my chin, of course I would like it to improve but my main focus is my cheeks. My right cheek has improved, but is still not where I want it. I know it's going to take longer to heal because I had a bad breakout about a month and half a go, and of course that aftermath is there, but it is healing and looks a lot better than it did 3 weeks ago. My nose is continuing to look good, except for a lot of bumps (I honestly don't know if they're whiteheads or blackheads, it just feels bumpy) on the left side of my nose, while my right looks great. The middle of my eyebrows has zero to maybe one whitehead. I did get two pimples there, and they popped and now healing, but if they weren't there it would look great! 3 weeks ago, I had about 4 or 5 whiteheads there, and they didn't really bother me, but it does feel great that they aren't there anymore. My forehead however has shown the least bit of improvement. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with where it's at right now, but whiteheads have formed towards my upper forehead, but aside from the 2 pimples that healing, my forehead looks the same, maybe a 25% improvement from 3 weeks. But, like I said, I am totally fine with where my forehead is at. Bottom line, if it wasn't for the peeling, my skin would look great. My skin is getting used to the dryness, the peeling is just annoying. When I get my allowance, Im going to get the starter kit, so that I have an emergency kit if I ever run out, and it'll last me a week so i have time to order more products, but it also gives I think 15 bucks worth of coupons, so Im gonna use that. If I have enough money, I'll get the big kit and maybe jojoba oil. The jojoba oil (if it works with my skin) hopefully should last me through the winter, which is great because my skin will get dryer during those months. I live in LA and the winters aren't too bad, but your skin does get dry and I think im gonna need the extra help. I think I'm gonna hold off on AHA until winter break, because ive seen some reviews where your skin needs to get used to the AHA and it leaves red marks. This way I can get used to AHA over winter break and come back with no red marks. Honestly, if things keep going the way they are, my left side of my cheek (knocking on wood) should be clear in about month, and my right side in a month and half - 2 months. That's all for today, Tomorrow I'll bring the BP to my 3rd finger line and half, and fourth week go full finger length. Have a great day everyone!

Before I go, I have a YouTube channel and I'll be posting my months review on The Regimen, and I have a ton of other videos as well. Feel free to check it out, my channel name is : gregloera. Thanks everybody!

MemberMember
(@gregloera)

Posted : 08/01/2014 1:25 pm

so today is the start of my third week on the regimen, and i decided not to use BP. my skin was just flaky and peeling really bad and i read somewhere that it would help if you just gave your skin a 24 hour break from the BP. So I'll start with BP down to my second finger line and go from there. I have 2 new pimples on my forehead and a couple on my cheeks and one on my chin. other then that pretty good.

MemberMember
(@gregloera)

Posted : 08/06/2014 10:13 pm

So in 2 days ill be one month into the regimen. Ive upped the BP to go a little past my second finger line, and full finger on Friday. Ill be taking another break on friday. Every week, once a week, I'm gonna give my face a 24 hour break from BP. My dryness has lessened but is still there, and the peeling is gone. I'm using jojoboa oil but i haven't really been feeling any less dry. my left side looks good and my right keeps looking better everyday. I'm going to school in less then 2 weeks, so hopefully everything should be good by then!

MemberMember
(@horsey310)

Posted : 08/07/2014 9:06 am

Thanks for posting such consistent updates, gregloera! I just started the regimen two nights ago and it's really encouraging to see other people's results.

Best of luck getting clear by the time school starts, it sounds like you've been making lots of progress Keep us updated!

MemberMember
(@gregloera)

Posted : 08/11/2014 1:41 am

Hey everyone. Sorry i haven't been posting much, but nothing much to report. My cheeks are clear, just a lot of hyper pigmentation. Basically, if you ran your hand down my cheek and you were blind, you would think i had good skin. My cheeks are smooth and clear of pimples, but there is a lot of hyper pigmentation. probably about 20 little red circles on my right and about 8 on my left. My chin looks really good, almost clear of hyper pigmentation and clear of acne in general. more peeling came back, and generally my skin just looks worse then it actually is. I've ordered AHA and it should come in a week, so we'll try that. My skin is just really dry, super dry. This weekend i was applying moisturizer constantly as well as jojoba and it is still super super dry. I'll keep you guys updated, bye!

PS check out my Youtube channel for a general 1month review. I'm uploading tommorow, my channel name is gregloera. hope you guys watch it!