Notifications
Clear all

Why Are Y'all Taking Accutane!?

MemberMember
(@alexxrivvas)

Posted : 07/18/2014 5:48 pm

Okay I'm tired if hearing about this so called miracle pill, accutane, that supposedly gets rid of acne fast, and i see more negativity than success stories from it. Why are people turning to this kind of treatment for their acne? I see it as people being naive and wanting everything to go perfect when at the end it doesn't. If you're on this website aren't you supposed to be using the regimen? Please explain this to me.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 07/18/2014 6:18 pm

last resort for some

MemberMember
(@lemonyfresh)

Posted : 07/18/2014 6:36 pm

People are more inclined to get on their computer when they have a poor experience than when they have a good one. I hear of accutane success stories more in person. My friends usually ask why I dont drink alcohol anymore and when i tell them im on accutane it turns out they were at one point too and loved what it did. Its pretty surprising to me how many of them have been on it and I never would have known unless i asked.

MemberMember
(@harry1993)

Posted : 07/18/2014 7:13 pm

If you're on this website aren't you supposed to be using the regimen? Please explain this to me.

No... this forum is for all forms of acne products, hence why there's an accutane log section..

MemberMember
(@kool2k00)

Posted : 07/18/2014 8:05 pm

What my derm told me - it's the most effective treatment, plain and simple. You can spend years on topical treatments, oral antibiotics, etc. and not see consistent results, but the vast majority of Accutane patients see significant improvement, and the majority see permanent improvement. (Not to say plenty of people don't improve with the former, but some people don't.) Fun fact - Emma Stone and Caroline Trentini are former Accutane patients! There are serious possible side effects, but look at the statistics. Most people get dryness, and that's about all. It's like lemonyfresh said: people with negative experiences are much more likely to post on here.

MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 07/18/2014 8:34 pm

I never had permanent success with Accutane, but most others have. The only thing consistently keeps me clear is the Regimen but it's not a cure by any means, once I stop my severe acne comes right back. With that said, Accutane is definitely a route many people have to take.

MemberMember
(@captain-birds3ye)

Posted : 07/20/2014 11:05 pm

MemberMember
(@rickshaw78)

Posted : 07/21/2014 7:44 am

I'm 35 now and will today finish my 7th course of Roacutane AKA Acutane.

I'm pretty much at the point now where nothing is going to clear my Acne 100% but Roacutane does tend to give me some remission from large cysts for 18 months or so.

Personally when I start a new course I always hope deep down that this may be the one that cures me but it never really works out that way.

I've talked to some people who have taken one course and been 100% cured so it can happen but it's all just down to luck I suppose.

Guess the main reason I keep taking it is hope in answer to the question.

MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 07/22/2014 8:12 pm

Rickshaw78, have you tried the regimen..? Seven courses is quite a lot, I've only been on two and have remaining health problems from it so I cannot go on it again. It only kept my clear for three months after each course. :/

The regimen cleared me completely after two months, and much to my surprise has actually reduced my oily skin like Accutane. I also use Tazorac every other night and I believe that has been a huge factor of why my skin cleared.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/22/2014 9:22 pm

Because they've tried all the topicals and antibiotics and they still had acne.

Because they tried to change their lifestyle for months or years and still had acne.

Because they've been dealing with it for years and want to lead a normal life.

After much desperation and self loathing accutane transforms from a scary monster to a savior angel.