Notifications
Clear all

Stop Blackheads Before They Turn To Acne

MemberMember
(@natalie411)

Posted : 07/18/2014 5:12 am

Hi guys, I've noticed that right before I start to get new acne, I see blackheads appear all over my face. It is those blackheads which then become acne. During my good skin days, the blackheads also appear few and far between. I have read that blackheads are formed due to hormones which as most of us here have experienced can be controlled by diet. I have myself done it many times. Regulated my hormones by avoiding milk, sugar etc. But from time and time again I relapse. and those sneaky blackheads appear.

It's one of those times. My whole face first got filled with blackheads. They are so many and so deep pitted that I cannot get them out. Result, my face is now purging them out hence severe pus filled acne all over. :(

So anyway, I wanted to initiate this discussion to share ideas about

1) how to keep hormones regulated and avoid blackheads?

2) if one does see blackheads form, how to nip them in the bud before they get inflamed? Specially if they are deep pitted

Thoughts? any experience?

MemberMember
(@fyry)

Posted : 07/18/2014 7:16 am

I find going to an estethitian once a month or once every 6-8 weeks helps a lot. Also steaming your face with herbs once a week, than clay masks, enzyme peelings (I use a powder from BABOR, helps with fading red spots). You can go to the sauna twice a week after a sweaty workout and than :

1. 15 min. sauna

---> apply enzyme peeling (this is a gentle powder, not a scrub) for 3 mins

2. 10 min. sauna more

---> apply favourite mask or clay mask, I apply fullers earth or healing earth or lava earth (not sure if the name is correct )

3. apply ampulle serum (I use BABOR, anti aging or for moisturizing)

4. apply a moisturizing cream

5. if you have break outs (that u shoudnt "scrub with the peeling)!, apply topical tea tree oil

If you don't have access to sauna, or want to change a bit, you can make a facial steam.

Only once will not do the trick. Consistency with the routine will help the skin breath regularly and be nourished. Topical regimen is also VERY important. I do believe the skin can take care of itself, but I dont believe I can do the primitive (not washing, not using any products) regimen.

Find a good estethitian that works with high quality products. I like Maria Galland.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 07/18/2014 3:05 pm

I keep all my acne under control via diet and lifestyle habits, and hormones are just one of many factors involved that are improved by diet and lifestyle. See here:

I have never experienced a blackhead turning into in other kind of pimple. And the only thing that I've noticed helping get rid of blackheads is oil cleansing.