Notifications
Clear all

Red Marks From Benzoyl Peroxide

MemberMember
(@fatima51)

Posted : 07/17/2014 5:18 pm

Hello to everyone I am new to this forum and this for the first tym I am posting to any forum..

Well I am petrified rytnow and feeling depressed I started using neutrogena benzoyl peroxide 10% 4 days before I applied it at night only on my active acne not the whole face 2 days before I noticed a red mark where I was applying it I thought I will go away..

So I applied it last night also (how foolish :'(

Today when I woke up I saw deep red marks which looked liked burnt marks they also feel like burn marks when I touch them..

Is there anyone with the same experience what can I do to fade away these burn looking marks and how much time will it take?

Please someone help me I am terrified in tears my acne looked better than these marks :'(

Thankyou !

MemberMember
(@poopoo2)

Posted : 07/18/2014 11:55 am

I had quite the exact same thing. But at that time i was both using glycolic and bp - which are obviously very drying and has peeling factors. And my skin was itchy and has annoying red marks!! I went to a dermatologist and she gave me a soothing cream specifically made for red, irritated patches or scaly skin and prescribed me celestamine (tablet) to reduce the inflammation and the next day it was gone! So maybe you can try either or both if you have alternative products that could possibly be similar. :)

And another thing, try to stop using bp first and wait for your skin to heal. :) just go with a really gentle cleanser first