Notifications
Clear all

A Simpler Daily Routine?

MemberMember
(@derrickhwang)

Posted : 07/17/2014 12:50 pm

Hi I'm new here! 17, Male, Asian, Mild-Moderate Acne, Oily Face. Anyway, last year, i was attacked by a combination of hormones and unlucky genetics. Giant cystic acne formed on my cheeks and jawline. My forehead and nose pretty much became like an oil spill. I went to a dermatologist who i regret visiting because she's a money hungry b-.

My routine was:

Morning:

DCL Glycolic Acid Moisturizer Facial Cleanser

DCL Glycolic Acid Moisturizer (Very Greasy looking)

benzoyl peroxide mixed with erythromycin cream

Antibiotics

Night:

DCL Facial Cleanser

DCL Oil Free Moisturizer manually mixed with tretinoin gel

Antibiotics

After 6 months, i'm beginning to see results. I ran out of everything but the facial cleanser. For a week now, i've only been using the DCL Facial Cleanser & Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion. My cheeks and cheeks only have hyperpigmentation & scars. My face feels happier when i'm not using all these products. I DO NOT want to visit the dermatologist again. I spent over $200 and i can't afford to do that again.

Will my awful acne nightmare come back if i tone down on the chemicals? Should i just go to the pharmacy and get a simpler acne routine?

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/17/2014 2:08 pm

Your acne may or may not return. Why not renew the prescription for tretinoin and use regular BP in day. Also use a non medicated cleanser and moisturizer

MemberMember
(@derrickhwang)

Posted : 07/17/2014 8:48 pm

Your acne may or may not return. Why not renew the prescription for tretinoin and use regular BP in day. Also use a non medicated cleanser and moisturizer

Thanks for replying! How long does it take to realize that my acne is returning?

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/18/2014 6:12 am

No one knows for sure - i would definitely recommend you DON'T take the wait and see approach.