Notifications
Clear all

Skin Doesnt Seem To Heal (Answered)

MemberMember
(@danezcou3)

Posted : 07/17/2014 11:27 am

I have these red marks after sores that came after busting some pimples a while ago, and im considering starting accutane treatment because im pretty sure that the reason these dont heal is because of the excessive sebum that my skin produces, and theoretically, when the skin stops producing so much of it, it should heal like normal skin would.

What do you guys think?

edit: pics removed because ive received satisfactory answers

MemberMember
(@nash07)

Posted : 07/17/2014 1:50 pm

You have very few acne. You can start using ISOTREX GEL, this is the topical gel form of ACCUTANE. Be aware that using Isotretinoin will make you break out like hell at first, it will at least require 2 weeks, or more, for your body to get adjusted to the Isotretinoin. During the first few weeks you make break out horribly which can aid to depression. If you have patience then go for this treatment, it requires a hell lot of time but it truly works. :)

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/17/2014 2:05 pm

I agree that accutane for 2-3 pimples might be overkill. What else have you tried?

MemberMember
(@danezcou3)

Posted : 07/17/2014 3:00 pm

I agree that accutane for 2-3 pimples might be overkill. What else have you tried?

Ive tried duac, some antibiotic pills which didnt really work that well, then i tried retin-a which just made me look like i was in the sun for too long.

Currently im trying anti fungal medication which seems to be working the best out of all the ones i mentioned.

Yeah, i get that i dont have as bad acne as many people, but you know, in certain lighting conditions i just cant stand looking at me where i can see all the details, it drives me insane and it seems like everyone has perfect skin outside except me, and i feel inferior to them when im interacting with them and just look down.

I have these red scars under my lips on the side which looks really bad sometimes, it just doesnt heal, its just perpetually red, it didnt used to be like this.

I might be obsessed with how my skin looks, but i cant help it.

MemberMember
(@newtoacne)

Posted : 07/17/2014 5:31 pm

I really don't think you would even be a candidate for accutane, you have very mild mild acne. All you have to do is wait for the marks to fade away it takes months for them to fade just have patience. Doesn't even look bad at all.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 07/17/2014 7:49 pm

i have no idea what you guys are talking about but hes considering taking accutane for his red marks so please reread that

also accutane will not help heal you red marks faster if anything maybe even slower

red marks take time to heal its not like brown marks

no product is gonna help get rid of red marks

MemberMember
(@danezcou3)

Posted : 07/17/2014 9:41 pm

I really don't think you would even be a candidate for accutane, you have very mild mild acne. All you have to do is wait for the marks to fade away it takes months for them to fade just have patience. Doesn't even look bad at all.

I don't know where its where you are, but the doctors where i live just dont give a damn what they prescribe. I just have to ask them and they say "okay, sure", here you go pal, have a good time mmkay?

And yeah, maybe you guys are right, i shouldn't go for accutane and just be patient. These fungal meds are like a miracle cure for me.