Bleached Hair And S...

Notifications
Clear all

Bleached Hair And Shirts - The High Price Of The Regimen

MemberMember
(@acnedefeater)

Posted : 07/17/2014 8:14 am

1. The tips of my hair are bleached! I'm a guy with dark hair and am careful to avoid my hair coming in contact with BP but the tips of my hair are orange and light. I look like a member of a '90s boy band. It's so embarrassing, especially at 26 years old!

2. My shirts randomly get bleached around the collars! I find green, blue and pink colored shirts are the most prone to bleaching, but my grey shirts have also been bleached. I would estimate I've thrown away at least $700 worth of shirts due to bleaching from BP.

I apply BP AFTER I get dressed, wait for it to dry and don't apply any to my chin area, but my collars still get bleached! The bleach stains don't appear until AFTER I've washed them too.

I've tried doing the Regimen only once per day at night to avoid ruining nice shirts, but then I start breaking out again.

The Regimen has saved me, but I've spend THOUSANDS of dollars between treatments and ruined clothing.

Is there anything else I can do to prevent my hair and clothes from getting bleached?

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 07/17/2014 9:19 am

Our list of tips. http://www.acne.org/faq.html#prevent-bleach

I can't imagine why you are getting so many bleach spots on your clothing. I've used bp for years and years and it's a rare thing to get a shirt bleached.

Wash your hands thoroughly before and after using it. If you sweat, blot off the sweat with a clean white towel or something other than your shirt. Don't let sweat drip onto your clothing.

MemberMember
(@zkay)

Posted : 07/17/2014 9:49 am

Hey,

I had the same problem with the bleaching of the tips of my hair. It was one of the main reasons why I stopped using the regimen.

I had a similar problem with the bleaching of my clothes. I found that as soon as you apply the BP if you wash your hands approximately two to three times with soap it helps.

An alternative is Epiduo which contains 2.5% BP and 0.1% Adapalene. This is what i use instead. You only have to apply it once a day and it does not bleach.

MemberMember
(@spartan32)

Posted : 07/17/2014 11:42 am

The same exact problem is happening to me regarding it bleaching the tips of my hair and my eyebrows. I think it has to do with getting BP in my hair and going out in the sun. It is awful as everyone is asking if I am highlighting the tips of my hair. Not a good look for a 26 year old guy.

MemberMember
(@acnedefeater)

Posted : 07/17/2014 1:50 pm

The bleaching on my shirts is on the inside of the collars and around the first button (not an area where I would touch with my hands). I don't apply BP on my chin area because I don't get acne there, but somehow the BP is getting from my cheeks/nose/forehead area to the same exact spot on my collars and bleaching the same area.

I know other users have had problems with bleaching in this area as well, but none of us have figured out what it could be.

MemberMember
(@carter1092)

Posted : 07/20/2014 11:40 am

Try pinning your hair back or in a ponytail with a hair tie while performing the regimen. Make sure to prevent any product getting too close to the hairline. Also wash your hands after washing, after applying the BP treatment (most importantly), and after moisturizing your face.

I have very stiff, coily hair, so it's easy keeping product away from my hair. If you have more finer hair, these tips should help you out greatly.

MemberMember
(@al7)

Posted : 08/14/2015 4:09 pm

It's a dilemma. The bleaching sucks BIG time! I have gone through 2 sets of bed sheets and pillow cases. At first I thought it was my new detergent or perhaps the laundry machine had bleach residue. I usually wait 2 or more hours after I do the regimen before going to sleep. I remember changing the sheets recently, and the next morning I awoke to bright stains/discoloration. The previous night I had waited about 1.5 hours before going to bed. I check to make sure my skin is dry each night, but although it seems dry: it may not be, thus the bleaching.

My clothes has remained in tact for the most part. It is the bed fabrics, though, that are ruined. Basically, I am not buying anymore bed sheets, pillow cases...

MemberMember
(@teemorties)

Posted : 08/17/2015 8:49 am

I agree its a nightmare. I used to get it bad years back when I had acne on my jawline and forehead. Ruined cloths and bleached eyebrows.

I think the only was around it is BP at nights only. Thankfully this works for me now but I'm not sure it would have years back when my acne was a bit worse.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 08/18/2015 3:37 pm

Stick to white pillowcases if possible.

I am not sure why this is a problem for a lot of people but I think in the 2+ years I have been on the regimen I have only bleached my shirts 3 or 4 times. I find that having the BP and moisturizer absorbed into the skin and dry before any sweating happens really helps.

MemberMember
(@jazzguy)

Posted : 08/18/2015 10:16 pm

If you wanted to try something that's not irritating and doesn't bleach have a look at epiology skincare.