Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Keeley

foundation, powder, huh? omg!!!

Guest Keeley

Hi everyone!

I really need help/ advise! I’m new to make up and have lots of scars on my face (mainly on my nose, between my brows and parts of my cheeks) I have a really oily nose, and want something that stops the shine, I also need something that will cover up the horrible scars. I’ve read lots of posts and ended up buying mac studio fix and concealer, in the hope that I will not breakout, and get a flawless finish. Just one problem though, I haven’t got a clue how to put it on! I’ve been a tomboy all my life and all my friends don’t wear makeup, so I can’t really get much help from them! All in all, I want a natural look, that will cover up my scars and get rid of the shiny nose! If you think there are any other products that I should use instead please let me know.

Thanking you all in advance!

Keeley

Guest Keeley

Hiya,

can you help me out here as I cant find your post! eusa_think.gif can you put down the address or something please smile.gif . many thanks. keeley

I really Prescriptives Photochrome with their creme concealer.If you live in area where Prescriptives is sold at a dept. store go in and get a color print, what color family your skin is in.The guys and gals at their counters will help you pick out what works, what colors look good, and application tips. I like to preshop sometimes at the counter and then mull it over for a day or two, and then buy it online.Regardless of what brand of products you decide are the best fit for you, a good purchase is a foundation brush.It makes application a lot more even and quicker.

Well for MAC Studiofix, DO NOT use the sponge applicator it comes with. Buy a nice big powder brush and use it instead (to get an even and light powder ayer). biggrin.gif

Guest Keeley
Well for MAC Studiofix, DO NOT use the sponge applicator it comes with. Buy a nice big powder brush and use it instead (to get an even and light powder ayer).  biggrin.gif

what powder brush would you recomend? Also what's wrong with using the sponge? does it cause more breakouts or something? do you use MAC studiofix?

Guest Keeley
I really Prescriptives Photochrome with their creme concealer.If you live in area where Prescriptives is sold at a dept. store go in and get a color print, what color family your skin is in.The guys and gals at their counters will help you pick out what works, what colors look good, and application tips. I like to preshop sometimes at the counter and then mull it over for a day or two, and then buy it online.Regardless of what brand of products you decide are the best fit for you, a good purchase is a foundation brush.It makes application a lot more even and quicker.

can you get prescriptives in london? i've checked out one dept. store but no luck sad.gif . i need something that doesnt make me look made up. and the consealer by mac i reckon is really see through which beats the point of it being a consealer! eusa_doh.gif what foundation brush would you recomend? kind regards. k