Notifications
Clear all

Am I Over Doing It With The Moisturizers?

MemberMember
(@clearskins)

Posted : 07/15/2014 12:13 pm

So because of my long history of horrible skin. Severe acne followed by scarring etc, I have now become very strict with my skin routine.

After my morning face wash I use a moisturizer/eye cream and then sunscreen.

If I'm going out in the evening I just use a moisturizer once again after I wash out the sunscreen.

Before I sleep I again use a night cream and eye cream.

Am I over doing this?

It's been a long road and I finally have nice skin, so I'm obsessed with keeping it this way.

Also the night cream says it rejuvenated and prevents wrinkles. Ie. It's anti aging.

Should I not be using that at my age?

Thanks for any responses guys! Appreciate

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 07/15/2014 12:49 pm

So because of my long history of horrible skin. Severe acne followed by scarring etc, I have now become very strict with my skin routine.

If I'm going out in the evening I just use a moisturizer once again after I wash out the sunscreen.

Am I over doing this?

It's been a long road and I finally have nice skin, so I'm obsessed with keeping it this way.

Also the night cream says it rejuvenated and prevents wrinkles. Ie. It's anti aging.

Thanks for any responses guys! Apprecio

only wash your face morning and night twice a day only

yes after face wash in the morning apply whatever and keep it that way until later night face wash and apply whatever you have to before going to bed or w/e

MemberMember
(@clearskins)

Posted : 07/15/2014 12:58 pm

Am I over doing this?

yes after face wash in the morning apply whatever and keep it that way until later night face wash and apply whatever you have to before going to bed or w/e

That's what I currently do.

Only wash my face with water in the evening after gym. Face wash just morning and night.

Thanks for repose I appreciate

MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 07/15/2014 4:49 pm

In my opinion, and based off of research , eye creams are a scam. Most of them don't prevent wrinkles, but rather help to temporarily smooth out the under eye with ingredients like hyaluronic acid and caffeine. The ones that do contain retinol are generally not strong enough to actually do anything. There's also no reason why your regular moisturizer can't be used under the eye.

If you're wanting to go with a good anti-aging product that has rigorous research and evidence behind it, go with Retin-a. It's also fantastic for acne. I use Tazorac which is a more potent form of Retin-a and combined with 2.5% BP twice a day, my 8 years of severe cystic acne are behind me.

Am I over doing this?