Notifications
Clear all

Acne Log (May Be Interesting)

MemberMember
(@nbury)

Posted : 07/12/2014 9:10 am

So i went hardcore paleo for about 2 months, while juicing with a NutriNinja extractor twice a day. I also only ate chicken or fish meat every other day. For breakfast i would rotate every other day between either an egg breakfast or a breakfast of something i baked with coconut flour such as pancakes. For lunch everyday still, i eat a good size salad with a handful of nuts and my homemade ranch dressing. Then for supper i will maybe have chicken or fish with a crap load of sauteed veggies such as broccoli, carrots, onions, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, or like zucchini and chicken spaghetti. My acne started to instantly clear up, i still got some tiny and random breakouts here and there for unknown reasons, and still have a very black-headed nose, but i havent had one extremely deep and painful pimple like i use to always get. And it wasnt just my face that cleared, my back, chest, and buttocks all cleared. Then i started to run into some problems, such as very easy lightheaded from getting up to a higher position from a lower position, always cold when others were warm along with a runny nose sometimes. I figured it had to be a lack of either carbs, protein, calories, or iron or something. So ive been doing research and recording my daily intakes of nutrients, and sure enough i was lacking carbs, iron, and calories. So i decided to start re-introducing some grains, only gluten/wheat free whole grains, such as oats and brown rice. I eat one type every two days and wait to see if i breakout. So far oats and brown rice did not break me out, and i am going to try others and some yogurt. I wanted to know though, is it possible to build a tolerance to foods after not eating them for a long time? Cause i feel like that is my case.

MemberMember
(@nbury)

Posted : 07/12/2014 6:58 pm

Update: Another reason why i wanted to start eating carbs again is because ive been losing a bunch of weight and am now underweight, and often cold. Well this morning i had Open Nature 0% fat greek strained yogurt, and about 9 hours later, my face has gotten a bunch of tiny red pimples and looks extremely flustered. So definitely a no go on dairy!

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 07/13/2014 4:08 pm

I wanted to know though, is it possible to build a tolerance to foods after not eating them for a long time? Cause i feel like that is my case.

isnt it opposite? if u completely quit some foods when u eat them again skin reacts immediately? im not rly sure tho but some say so..

MemberMember
(@fyry)

Posted : 07/14/2014 3:29 am

Dont eat dairy... if you loose toooo much weight with the low carb paleo (as I do...) try upping the carbs or fat. And say how is it working for you. Definitely stay away from the crappy milky pus.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 07/14/2014 9:19 am

Dont eat dairy... if you loose toooo much weight with the low carb paleo (as I do...) try upping the carbs or fat. And say how is it working for you. Definitely stay away from the crappy milky pus.

Paleo doesn't mean low carb. If you weren't eating enough, add more.