Notifications
Clear all

More Acne Instead Of Better Skin?

MemberMember
(@jenjen182)

Posted : 07/11/2014 4:15 pm

I started the Regimen 5 days ago using the following products:

-Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser

-AcneFree Spot Treatment for Sensitive Skin (3% BP)

-Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer

So far I've experienced burning, redness, and more whiteheads. Should I be concerned? I also have some major peeling and dryness. I just got some Desert Essence 100% Jojoba Oil today and it seemed to clear up most of the peeling, but I'm worried about all the acne popping up. Is this normal, and if so, when does your skin stop popping up with new zits?

Thanks.

MemberMember
(@aldomg)

Posted : 07/11/2014 5:02 pm

You're probably going to break out during the first and second month, because your skin is purging, so... everything you had under your skin is coming to the surface, after that, your skin is going to look so gooooood.

Dont pick your pimples because you might get some marks and those last more than the actual pimple, so just wait and go on.

I had a lot of whiteheads the first 2 weeks, and only 2 break outs during the first month, then no whiteheads and only litlte pimples occasionally.

MemberMember
(@jenjen182)

Posted : 07/11/2014 5:30 pm

You're probably going to break out during the first and second month, because your skin is purging, so... everything you had under your skin is coming to the surface, after that, your skin is going to look so gooooood.

Dont pick your pimples because you might get some marks and those last more than the actual pimple, so just wait and go on.

I had a lot of whiteheads the first 2 weeks, and only 2 break outs during the first month, then no whiteheads and only litlte pimples occasionally.

It's good to hear that what I'm experiencing is normal! I was a little scared that something had gone wrong! I don't usually pick at my zits, I kind of just sneer at them in the mirror and hope they will go away sooner. I have a month and a half before I go back to school, so clearer skin by then? I'm crossing my fingers. 🙂

MemberMember
(@aldomg)

Posted : 07/11/2014 7:36 pm

It's good to hear that what I'm experiencing is normal! I was a little scared that something had gone wrong! I don't usually pick at my zits, I kind of just sneer at them in the mirror and hope they will go away sooner. I have a month and a half before I go back to school, so clearer skin by then? I'm crossing my fingers.

A month and a half is enough I think, only if you dont experience a lot of hyperpigmentation or have servere acne. 🙂

Good luck!