Notifications
Clear all

Insurance Help For Accutane.

MemberMember
(@elkhoundgold)

Posted : 07/11/2014 2:47 am

So all since i want to go on Accutane, I would like to get private insurance here in the USA and avoid Obamacare since it's horrible.

Does anyone know of any insurance companies they use that would cover Accutane? I will be off my parents insurance in two months. Thanks all!

MemberMember
(@kagt)

Posted : 07/11/2014 9:08 am

I have Anthem Blue Cross/Bule Shield and they cover it. But to be honest my plan is very good since I work for my state.

MemberMember
(@kool2k00)

Posted : 07/11/2014 11:10 am

I have "Obamacare" and my prescription is $5 a month, no matter what the dosage. Not sure about private plans.

MemberMember
(@elkhoundgold)

Posted : 07/11/2014 2:29 pm

I have Anthem Blue Cross/Bule Shield and they cover it. But to be honest my plan is very good since I work for my state.

Thanks for the suggestion. Sadly I'd have to pay out of pocket for my insurance. Go USA right? :/

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 07/17/2014 1:12 pm

I have BCBS PPO and mine is covered as well. Obamacare is not horrible though, In fact, the Affordable Care Act simply makes it easier to obtain private insurance by setting up a national exchange. In the US, all insurance is technically "private" (except Medicare or Medicaid), I.e., not government funded or administered. Additionally, there is nothing preventing you from finding out from an insurance company before you sign up if certain drugs are covered.

MemberMember
(@elkhoundgold)

Posted : 07/19/2014 8:30 pm

I have BCBS PPO and mine is covered as well. Obamacare is not horrible though, In fact, the Affordable Care Act simply makes it easier to obtain private insurance by setting up a national exchange. In the US, all insurance is technically "private" (except Medicare or Medicaid), I.e., not government funded or administered. Additionally, there is nothing preventing you from finding out from an insurance company before you sign up if certain drugs are covered.

How does obamacare work? I am unable to work due to illness, so I just attend school full time. So because I can't do both ( adrenal issue ) is there a way to still get it? It says I don't qualify because I literally don't make any income...I just have a school fund I rely on.

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 07/23/2014 3:21 pm

Yes, you just won't qualify for subsidies, so it will be more expensive.