Notifications
Clear all

Name That Scar!

MemberMember
(@pineapplexpress)

Posted : 07/10/2014 11:59 pm

Hey guys,

So it took awhile and lots of guts but, I've finally decided to start taking photo's of my scars to track progress and to get an opinion from you guy's on severity and the type of scarring I have. I've taken the following photo's in various lighting- the worst being the hideous fluorescent lighting in my bathroom *pukes*.

So the first set of pictures is my right cheek... then my left cheek

I know there's a lot of photos here to sift through but I really wanted to get every angle possible in multiple lighting. I believe my scars are severe? Especially my left cheek and the one deep one on my right cheek. I've also lost a lot of color on some of the scars, especially the deep one's on the left cheek, they've become fully hypopigmented. I hope to get "permanent" camaflouge makeup done so it will my somewhat match the rest of the skin.

Anyways thanks in advance guy's!

MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 07/11/2014 12:09 am

You have a mixture of boxcar and rolling scars. I wouldn't classify your scarring as severe by any means, though. I only see two noticeable scars but the rest are quite shallow, that's my perspective anyway. I've already mentioned it a few times, so sorry if it comes off annoying, but I definitely think you should give Dermaflage another go on the deeper scars. I don't think it will be perfect by any means, but it should help the contour of your cheekbones look more defined if that makes any sense.

By the way, without even looking at a picture of your whole face in one shot, I can tell that you're very pretty. You have really nice features regardless of any scarring. I hope that means something.

MemberMember
(@pineapplexpress)

Posted : 07/11/2014 12:22 am

No need to apologize, by no means are you coming of as annoying, you are extremely helpful! I will definitely consider dermaflage again. I used it many years ago and just could not get it right, like it just didn't seem to look natural. I have heard that the formula changed... when you use it is it obvious or does it seem blended in?

Thanks so much for the input on my scars I really expected them to be classified as severe. And thanks for the lovely compliment, it means a lot :$

MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 07/11/2014 12:52 am

It doesn't look obvious for me, I think it depends on how much is used and if you can get the edges to blend fast enough before it dries. They did say somewhere on their website that they changed the formula, I haven't tried the older version just the newer one and it works for me. I have no idea what they changed about it, I just know it looks natural when I do it. Again it's not perfect, but sadly most of us know we can never have perfect skin even with fillers etc, so it's about as perfect as you can get really.

Have you by any chance tried subcision? I could be wrong, but it looks like some of your scars may respond to that. That's an inexpensive option that has a fairly high rate of success to at least some extent, so it may be worth looking into. I plan on getting it done myself.

MemberMember
(@newtoacne)

Posted : 07/11/2014 4:09 am

I don't care about the scars cuz you are kinda hot lol, but they dont look bad to me

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 07/11/2014 8:38 am

i dont have much input for you but just to say you are gorgeous! seriously even though you have those scars it doesnt change how beautiful you are at all. you could look into subcision but you have to be careful of having it done too aggressively and being left with raised scarring but i dont think it could hurt to ask about filler first to see how that goes before you do anything drastic. there are some fillers out there that you can have removed if you dont like it so its a much safer option. good luck to you!

MemberMember
(@pineapplexpress)

Posted : 07/11/2014 5:20 pm

Wow you guy's totally know how to make a girl feel amazing :$ haha totally made my day... but seriously thank you for all the lovely compliments, don't get those very often anymore and the feedback on my skin.

Missamua & Tracy, I haven't ever tried subcision... it sounded really scary to me so just kinda stayed away. But then again needling seemed scary too and it turned out to be fine. Missamua, keep me posted if you get subcision, would love to know about the results.

As of now I've just been doing dermastamping every 5-6 weeks for the past 6 months. The one very noticeable big scar on my right cheek has had some improvement, it had a jagged end point which has softened a lot. Results are so slow though </3

MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 07/11/2014 5:46 pm

I know what you mean, I was scared of even the idea of needling. I don't think I've read anything bad about subcision though, I've heard of one person getting improvement in their scars but having a a small linear scar leftover from the nokor needle, which I'm guessing means whoever performed it could have gone too deep. I'm not too sure. I plan on getting it done by Dr. Young in Washington at the end of the summer. I'll post updates when the time comes. :)

Wow you guy's totally know how to make a girl feel amazing :$ haha totally made my day... but seriously thank you for all the lovely compliments, don't get those very often anymore and the feedback on my skin.

Missamua & Tracy, I haven't ever tried subcision... it sounded really scary to me so just kinda stayed away. But then again needling seemed scary too and it turned out to be fine. Missamua, keep me posted if you get subcision, would love to know about the results.

As of now I've just been doing dermastamping every 5-6 weeks for the past 6 months. The one very noticeable big scar on my right cheek has had some improvement, it had a jagged end point which has softened a lot. Results are so slow though

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 07/11/2014 9:02 pm

If i saw you in rl, i'd be like damn, SHE'S CUTE

Have you considered subcision?

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 07/11/2014 9:05 pm

I think in your case, these scars look suited for subcision / suction / filler. What you got going for you is that the skin over the scars look smooth, and "normal" appearing. You don't really have any sharp edged scars.

MemberMember
(@pineapplexpress)

Posted : 07/11/2014 9:50 pm

Awh thanks Robertitoo :$ I was reading your post on dermarolling, how's that going for you? Have you had any progress?

I haven't ever considered subcision I've always been too afraid of the procedure itself. But it looks like that seems to be the general consensus here so I may start looking into it.

I know everyone keeps suggesting subcision but what if I just keep continuing with dermastamping do you guy's think my scarring can improve from that? .

MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 07/11/2014 10:36 pm

I think you can get improvement, but realistically, scarring needs to be approached in several different ways and it could take a couple of years to get the level of improvement from stamping alone. Considering the amount of time it takes for collagen to develop in between treatments, it's a very slow process. I would strongly suggest subcision as I've previously stated...maybe you could try only having one scar done if you're afraid of anymore damage. If that scares you, definitely start needling with suction. On the third day after needling, suction your deepest scars (or the ones that bother you the most) twice a day for a week, and then every other day for a week. This can help "untether" certain scars. It needs to be repeated every 6 weeks or so, however.

Can I ask how long you've been stamping for, and if you've seen improvement so far? I'm always curious to find out what progress people have made with needling. :)

Also, the electric dermstamp seems to have a more positive outcome than the mechanical version. Not sure which you use, but that might be something to invest in. Owndoc is coming out with one towards the end of August that is supposed to be a higher quality one versus others on the market. Not sure how true that actually is, but it's not badly priced in my opinion.

Awh thanks Robertitoo :$ I was reading your post on dermarolling, how's that going for you? Have you had any progress?

I haven't ever considered subcision I've always been too afraid of the procedure itself. But it looks like that seems to be the general consensus here so I may start looking into it.

I know everyone keeps suggesting subcision but what if I just keep continuing with dermastamping do you guy's think my scarring can improve from that? .

MemberMember
(@pineapplexpress)

Posted : 07/11/2014 11:32 pm

Missamua you are so helpful! So I'm going to go for subcision! I found a doctor who seems reputable and has recieved many excellent reviews in regards to acne scarring amongst other stuff. He performs subcision with suction so hopefully he will deem me a candidate. I'm going to call on Monday and book in a consultation :)

As far as the dermastamping, I've been at it for 6 months now & I use just the standard stamp-not electrical. I actually have gotten improvement with stamping but like you mentioned it is very s l o w! The biggest scar on my left cheek, had a very deep corner, seriously looked as deep as an icepick, it has completely softened.

Once again, thank you all for all your wonderful advice and kind words!

MemberMember
(@michael1718)

Posted : 07/13/2014 4:55 pm

im no dermatologist so i cant really comment but i just wanted to say i love your skin tone and texture! You barely notice any scars. Good luck anyway :)