Notifications
Clear all

Are There Any At-Home Pitted Scar Treatments?

MemberMember
(@heyanon_girlx)

Posted : 07/10/2014 4:52 pm

I know that pitted acne scars are almost impossible to get rid of unless you get special professional treatments that cost thousands of dollars... But is there ANYTHING I can do at home that can help at least a little? Maybe some sort of vitamins I can take to increase collagen production? (not sure that's how it even works... I'm not very knowledgeable about this).

Like many people, I can't afford treatments that are worth thousands of dollars. I cleared my skin up through the regimen and now I have all these craters left in my face and I just want some way to somehow heal them, even if only by a little.

I had a friend back in high school who had pitted acne scars and I noticed that eventually they were gone... not sure if she got them professionally treated or learned how to do make-up well enough to cover them... or if they just went away on their own because we were so young.

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 07/10/2014 5:12 pm

Chemical peels might be helpful. I think glycolic acid help mine a bit.

MemberMember
(@heyanon_girlx)

Posted : 07/10/2014 5:58 pm

Do you have any names of specific products you could recommend?

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 07/10/2014 6:02 pm

Do you have any names of specific products you could recommend?

Yeah! I like the skin obsession peels because they typically don't have any extra ingredients in them which can lead to breakouts. If you're not breakout prone anymore or just not as sensitive as me makeup artist's choice also has good peels. I'd start slow and use something like a 30% glycolic acid peel and work your way up. If you feel comfortable with glycolic acid you could maybe try TCA peels after that. Do a lot of research before you attempt one of those, though. Here's and article you might find interesting: http://beautymagonline.com/beauty-articles-2/950-vitamin-c-acne-2

MemberMember
(@pineapplexpress)

Posted : 07/10/2014 7:50 pm

Hmmm I'm really curious how your friend's scars disappeared! I would love for that to happen to mine.

Anyways, I'm using derma stamping technique on my pitted scarring, I've read a lot of good things about it so I hope I will get some good results. Only thing is that it apparently takes a long time to achieve results so patience is needed- it is a cheap home treatment though.