Notifications
Clear all

Please Help Me With Healing This Scar

MemberMember
(@bcl34)

Posted : 07/10/2014 4:16 pm

Hello!

I would like ask for some help on healing this scar I was left from severe chicken pox I had 2 years ago.I was left with several scars,but this one is the most visible and has been bothering me the most (I think it's a box scar) because it's right on my forehead.

I was thinking about dermastamping and read then owndoc instruction, but still have some questions in mind.

- Which is the best needle length to use in my case?

- Should I use the vitamin C serum owndoc suggests preparing or can I just buy a cream vitamin C serum from any skincare brand?

- Would you suggest trying anything else? Should I do anything specific when dermastamping?

To be honest I'm quite clueless about this, excuse my ignorance, hopefully you will help me.

Thank you and sorry for my english :D

post-408419-0-91117200-1405026835.jpg

post-408419-0-91117200-1405026835.jpg

MemberMember
(@pineapplexpress)

Posted : 07/10/2014 8:06 pm

Use a .75mm to 1.00mm, no more as the forehead skin is not as thick and fleshy as your cheeks. When you derma stamp just make sure you apply enough pressure to bleed a bit, bleeding is good. As for the vitamin c, you don't have to use own doc's, you can either make your own to ensure freshness or purchase any other vitamin c serum of your choice. However, keep in mind that vitamin c in creams dissipates pretty fast due to it's high oxidation rate.

Also, your skin is lovely. Aside from that one scar everything else is flawless.

BCL34 liked
MemberMember
(@bcl34)

Posted : 07/11/2014 12:55 am

Use a .75mm to 1.00mm, no more as the forehead skin is not as thick and fleshy as your cheeks. When you derma stamp just make sure you apply enough pressure to bleed a bit, bleeding is good. As for the vitamin c, you don't have to use own doc's, you can either make your own to ensure freshness or purchase any other vitamin c serum of your choice. However, keep in mind that vitamin c in creams dissipates pretty fast due to it's high oxidation rate.

Also, your skin is lovely. Aside from that one scar everything else is flawless.

Thanks so much for your help! Do you think dermastamping would do anything in my case? I've read box scars are the most difficult to correct.

MemberMember
(@pineapplexpress)

Posted : 07/11/2014 1:16 am

I believe ice picks are the hardest to correct. I've actually read a lot of success from people treating boxcars. I would suggest to do your research on the treatment, check out lamarrs and liquidoclets posts. They've both had sucess treating their scars with derma stamping. It sounds extremely promising to me that's why I've also been doing. Its a long term commitment though as results can take up to a year or two but it's definitely one of the safer options out there, as long as you do it properly with enough time in between sessions (4-6 wks). I've read the results can be similar to lazer over time. There's so many other options out there but I can only suggest what I've safely tried.

BCL34 liked
MemberMember
(@bcl34)

Posted : 07/11/2014 1:24 am

I believe ice picks are the hardest to correct. I've actually read a lot of success from people treating boxcars. I would suggest to do your research on the treatment, check out lamarrs and liquidoclets posts. They've both had sucess treating their scars with derma stamping. It sounds extremely promising to me that's why I've also been doing. Its a long term commitment though as results can take up to a year or two but it's definitely one of the safer options out there, as long as you do it properly with enough time in between sessions (4-6 wks). I've read the results can be similar to lazer over time. There's so many other options out there but I can only suggest what I've safely tried.

Thank you so much for your information, I will check those posts right now!