Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kathabing

Peeling, Dryness, Dead Skin

Hello,

Its been already 8 months I've been on the Regimen, and I don't experience any breakouts but sometimes a pimple will start to pop up and when that happens I just apply aha+ before it starts to develop and the aha+ kills the pimple. But my real issue is that I still experience a lot of peeling and flakiness with my skin. I've tried doing the aha+ 2-3 times a week but I see no improvement. My face is not necessarily dry because I do apply moisturizer and jojoba oil when I feel dryness but I still have the peeling and flakiness situation. I was wondering if there is anyone out there who knows of a way to get rid of this dryness and flakiness. Thanks in advance.

Mod Edit - *Moved to the Regimen Forum*

Congratulations on getting clear, but ts a shame you're still experiencing flaking and peeling after 8 months on the regimen. If you're using AHA+ 3 times a week that really should have sorted the peeling out. Perhaps you could try applying AHA every night but mixed in with your moisturiser. That may do the trick..... Good luck! :)

I think instead of doing it 2-3 times per week, you should instead do it every night but mix the aha with moisturizer. I would also try lowering the amount of bp and see whether you can stay clear without using as much.

I think both of those things could help combat the dryness and peeling.