Notifications
Clear all

Burning!

MemberMember
(@cpaladino92gmail-com)

Posted : 07/10/2014 2:19 am

I have TERRIBLE burning. My face is super red, and feels like acid. My skin didnt react like this the first time i did the Regimen, This is my second time doing the Regimen. This is my 3rd day. Ive been doing the Regimen twice a day. Heres what ive been doing:

- 2 pumps of Dan's cleanser

- about 1/2 pump of BP

- 2 pumps of Cetaphil Lotion

Will this burning go away? I want to go out tomorrow but i dont know if i want to with my bright red face, and putting makeup on would make it burn more. Do you guys have any tips? Thank you!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/10/2014 5:24 am

I think you need to start much slower even if you've done it before. Try a dime sized amount of BP

MemberMember
(@jenjen182)

Posted : 07/10/2014 10:34 am

Yes, start slower. On the 2nd and 3rd days of mine, I had major redness too, along with some crazy burning. Just decrease the amount of BP you use and the pain will lessen as well as the redness.

And I understand about the makeup- I think the best way to go is to find an organic/all natural BB cream to even out the skin tone. That's all I've been doing because I don't want my concealer to irritate my acne.

MemberMember
(@thedarkknight)

Posted : 07/10/2014 10:30 pm

When I first started the Regimen the acne.org moisturizer would make my neck burn and itch like crazy. Thank goodness it went away after a few weeks.

MemberMember
(@cpaladino92gmail-com)

Posted : 07/11/2014 2:22 am

I think you need to start much slower even if you've done it before. Try a dime sized amount of BP

I wanted to try to speed up the process by starting off with a little bit more BP than usual, as i go back to school in a couple weeks and i dont want to go back with gross spots :(

Yes, start slower. On the 2nd and 3rd days of mine, I had major redness too, along with some crazy burning. Just decrease the amount of BP you use and the pain will lessen as well as the redness.

And I understand about the makeup- I think the best way to go is to find an organic/all natural BB cream to even out the skin tone. That's all I've been doing because I don't want my concealer to irritate my acne.

i wanted to try to get rid of my spots asap, but this burning is so bad! By the way, since i look like a tomato, do you have any organic/all natural BB creams you reccomend? Right now all i have is Dream Fresh BB cream and boy does it sting :(

When I first started the Regimen the acne.org moisturizer would make my neck burn and itch like crazy. Thank goodness it went away after a few weeks.

hopefully mine will go away as well! did your face turn bright red, too?

MemberMember
(@dirtyhippie)

Posted : 07/11/2014 4:09 am

I agree with everyone else, you are going a bit fast with the Regimen. I know it's hard because you want to look great by the time school starts but it's really important to go slow. And besides, even if you do have some spots by the time school starts, it doesn't really matter because everyone tries to look their best at school for the first month; after that the facade of looking good starts to fade, everyone will get tired of dressing up and you'll end up looking better in comparison because of your nice skin!

And honestly, I hate to say it but the burning is a side effect of the regimen (but it can be handled by going slow). And if you do use too much, too soon, your skin can risk getting a chemical burn and staying red for a while. That's another reason why it's recommended for people to go slow, because your skin has to get accustomed to it. This actually happened to me on my neck because I wasn't sure how much to use and ended up using too much, too soon and the spot ended up being itchy, red and gross for a few days. But either way, they're both a part of the regimen and your skin will get used to the bp and aha but it takes a lot of time.

One thing that I like to do for the burning and redness (and it helps the bp dry faster!) is to fan my face with a piece of paper. I like to use thick pieces of paper like cardstock or construction paper because they're not as flimsy and easier to fan with but whatever works for you. It cools your face off, helps it dry and calms it a bit so you are not tempted to touch your face while the bp is drying.

MemberMember
(@jenjen182)

Posted : 07/11/2014 9:02 am

It really depends on your skin tone. I'd try the garnier, Olay, or the l'oreal magic skin beautifier. I have really fair skin, so it's difficult for me to find one that doesn't oxidize. Also, physicians formula's organics line has a BB cream that's pretty good, but is a little dark for me. If you have oily skin, I'd recommend setting it only on the spots where you get oily very lightly with a translucent setting powder, like Rimmel London's Mattifying Face Powder. I live in the US, so if you happen to live in the UK or somewhere else, I hope these are still available to you.